Other Silly Things You've Seen On The OU Ladder: V2

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Aqua Tail Gliscor (which lost me the game).
  • Ingrain Smeargle
  • Normal Gem Hyper Beam Greninja
  • Hyper Beam Mega Gardevoir
  • Sesmic Toss charizard x
Leftovers Gliscor with Earth Power
Fk man, the lower ou ladder is a weird place.

• Ingrain Smeargle
Hyper Beam Mega Gardevoir used to have some weird thing as a panic button considering literally nothing can take it. The rest though… ew.

• Ingrain Smeargle
Ingrain Smeargle is somewhat good because Ingrain negates phazing effects of moves (So it negates something like Roar and secondary effect of Dragon Tail)
I used Normal Gem Hyper Beam Adaptability Porygon-Z back in gen 5. It was a gimmicky move but it worked decently (again, it's gimmick). But just... don't do that

Somehow, I've had great success using Eviolite, Analytic Porygon2 with Hyper Beam. P2 is better used as a wall, but a Hyper Beam nukes absolutely everything that isn't Trevenant or a steel-type, which you should have moves to cover anyways.

Proof:
252+ SpA Analytic Porygon2 Hyper Beam vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Rotom-W: 207-244 (68 - 80.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Analytic Porygon2 Hyper Beam vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Noivern: 360-424 (115.7 - 136.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO

But...yeah, it's a slow Porygon2 readily attacked by something called priority, so be cautious with it.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/oumonotype-99231673

ShadowDragon15 sent out Iron Sweep 2 (Scizor)!
Turn 13
The opposing Iron Sweep 2 used Vacuum Wave!
It's super effective! Zoroark lost 32.2% of its health!
Zoroark used Flamethrower!
It's super effective! The opposing Iron Sweep 2 lost 100% of its health!
Zoroark lost some of its HP!
The opposing Iron Sweep 2 fainted!
$wagGamagori won the battle!

I'm the guy with the MonoDark team, admittely there are some silly actions by me, like using Dark Pulse instead of Flamethrower on Empoleon and lefting Zoroark as the last Pokémon.

The opposing Typhlosion used Dig!
The opposing Typhlosion burrowed its way under the ground!

Tyranitar used Earthquake!
It's super effective! The opposing Typhlosion lost 100% of its health!

The opposing Typhlosion fainted!
The sandstorm rages.

wut

Even though this has to deal with OU and such. But, I had to post this. I mean, you think that OU has speechless things. Try Ubers for instance:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ubers-97888458 <- Calm Mind Lugia with Aeroblast which is fine, cause I used to run that.
Bulk Up Groudon. This literally broke my mind here. Unless if it's common or not, then that's not the case. And Iron Head Ho-Oh. So embarrassing to lose to that.
Then again, you did get haxed pretty badly. Will-o-wisp missed, it took four Sacred Fire hits for it to finally burn and it actually missed once.

Even then you can just

use roost
or something

Air Slash isn't that bad though
While both Air Slash and Dragon Pulse get you essentially perfect coverage (lol Rotom-Heat and Mega Ampharos), Dragon Pulse gets you SE hits on a number of the things that resist Fire/Grass. Air Slash does not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)