Silly Things You've Seen On The OU Ladder!

So uh, the big question is, who won the battle?
Clefable passed to a Musharna, which Ditto later copied and defeated with a critical Stored Power. Clefable tried boosting again, but thanks to Shell Smash it was just frail enough for Dragonite to KO with a critcal flinching Waterfall. The final battle ended up being Blastoise vs. Ditto (as Blastoise); the Ditto won through a critical Dragon Pulse around turn 110.

Tooth got 500 yen thanks to Pay Day, though.

I Don't Believe This Thing Exists Episode 2!
I decided to change the reporter team a little bit by adding some Friskmons and Protect!
It now consists of Covet-Metronome Mew/Metronome Blissey/Roar-Metronome Granbull/Whirlwind-Metronome Snorlax/Frisk Wigglytuff/Frisk Dusknoir.

Our story so far:
  • Togekiss used Aura Sphere on Mew!
  • Stayed in on the last turn of Perish Song. No, I don't use Shadow Tag.
  • The same team used Bulk Up Talonflame. Someone hates to see his birdie die, or he doesn't know SD exists.
  • ... Just...See it for yourself. http://pastebin.com/gTD9cDH3
The highlight is on the interview at the end of the battle! EDIT: I'm the BottomReporter
  1. xxx: So what did you want to know?
  2. BottomReporter: Is that mega gengar
  3. BottomReporter: ?
  4. xxx: Nope
  5. xxx: I have mega kangaskhan
  6. xxx: Why?
  7. BottomReporter: what then?
  8. xxx: Becuase
  9. xxx: It gets more stronger
  10. BottomReporter: Scarf ore Sub-3 att?
  11. xxx: And
  12. xxx: When it mega evolves
  13. xxx: It gets the ability parental bond
  14. BottomReporter: oh ok
  15. BottomReporter: The gengar?
  16. xxx: which makes any of his moves it two times
  17. xxx: in the same turn
  18. xxx: K the genger...
  19. xxx: He has levitate
  20. BottomReporter: moves?
  21. xxx: and his moves are destiny bond (whoever kills it has lke an 80 % to go down with it)
  22. xxx: Wil-o-wisp (burns the foe)
  23. xxx: Shadow ball (great ghost move)
  24. BottomReporter: The chesnaught?
  25. xxx: and perish song (everyone faints in 3 turns)
  26. xxx: K
  27. xxx: oh btw all my pokemon except for kangaskan have the item leftovers (after every turn they get 6 health back)
  28. xxx: anyway the chesnaut...
  29. xxx: it's ability is overgrow (when it has 1/3 health left, it's grass type moves do 1.5x damage
  30. xxx: )
  31. xxx: it's moves....
  32. xxx: Leech seed, Spikey Shield, Energy Ball and hidden power water
  33. BottomReporter: ok...
  34. BottomReporter: The Snorlax then
  35. xxx: anything else?
  36. xxx: k
  37. xxx: it has the ability thick fat (all fire and ice moves do half damage)
  38. xxx: and it's moves:
  39. xxx: Body Slam, Earthquake, Psychic ad Protect
  40. xxx: *and
  41. BottomReporter: ok then enough info
  42. BottomReporter: thanks!
  43. BottomReporter: gg
  44. xxx: wait
  45. xxx: Kepp trying, and you'll get better. That's what I did, ad now I'mm pretty good! And I say watch some battles so you learn strategys n stuff
  46. xxx: np and gg!
  47. xxx: *and *I'm

TL;DR: I won't spoil.... all I can say is Dunning-Kruger Effect.
  • Leftovers Leaf Blade/Synthesis/Substitute/whothehellcares Sceptile which is outsped by maxspeed Mew, Leftovers Aqua Tail/Ice Punch Azumarill... on the same team.
  • SignalBeam MegaToise, Focus BAND Hone Claws/Focus Blast Sceptile (genius!), CHARCOAL Iron Head RK9, Mixed Nidoking. Oh and when he set up Ninjask, Mew used Roar, and then he said that I ruined everything, and... set up Ninjask again in the front of the Roar Mew.
  • White Herb Dugtrio, Quick Powder Ditto, Air Baloon Durant, Absorb Bulb Zoroark.
  • Leftovers QuiverDance/FlareBlitz Volcarona, Rock Blast Crustle, Leftovers BOUNCE Galvantula, and Night Slash/BUG BUZZ/Agility/Baton Pass MegaScizor (because when I saw those pursuited Lati@s, my puppy heart is broken).
  • Play Rough Klefki, because Foul Play OP
  • Special Dodrio with Hyper Beam/TriAttack/Hidden Power/Whatever. With Focus Sash.
  • Poison Point Nidoking with Focus Sash, Pikachu with Focus Sash, Own Tempo Lilligant with Wide Lens and Subseed, and Giga Impact Snorlax.
  • Fist Plate Pangoro, Draco Plate Haxorus with Return.
  • Black Belt Sawk, Air Baloon (again!) Jirachi with CM/Psychic/U-Turn/Wish (because I cannot focus of what I want to be!), Defencive Aurorus (becuse Ice/Rock is the ultimate defencive typing) with CM/Toxic/FACADE and Earth Plate Donphan.
  • Sitrus berry Slurpuff with Belly drum/thief/play rough, Download Porygon2.
  • 2 Pokemon with Megastone... at the same team. Glare/Iron Tail Seperior is a nice bonus.

More to come! Note: The last episode will be when I meet Energy Ball Jellicent.

Last edited:
Wigglytuff. Also, using Rock Tomb with Mega Kangaskhan...on a Scizor that has been spamming Bullet Punch. Also, I thought 1900 would be high enough to not meet people running special moves on Mega Kangashkhan, but I guess not, derp who put Fire Blast on it. Oh, the Fire Blast guy was at 1680 somehow.

Last edited:
Wigglytuff. Also, using Rock Tomb with Mega Kangaskhan...on a Scizor that has been spamming Bullet Punch. Also, I thought 1900 would be high enough to not meet people running special moves on Mega Kangashkhan, but I guess not, derp who put Fire Blast on it. Oh, the Fire Blast guy was at 1680 somehow.
I saw a Wigglytuff today as well. The same guy also had a Water Absorb Politoed.

I used Wigglytuff for my Frisk Scout, to identify enemy team's items! read my post above.

Also, base 90 attack non-stab 80 power Extremespeed is even weaker than I thought it would be.
Might I ask how much damage it did?

I once saw an opposing M-Khan use PuP before it mega evolved. Yeah, it kinda makes sense for ghosts because Scrappy, but I have no ghosts on my team.
Speaking of which, I've also seen multiple attempts to use Ghost type attacks on my own M-Khan. And not by switching in.

Noibat? Sentret?

Please tell me you don't think Sentret is better than Wigglytuff.
The problem is it's simply not bulky enough to survive several attacks, because I want to see their attacks as well. I think I don't explain it enough, though, my bad.

Might I ask how much damage it did?

I once saw an opposing M-Khan use PuP before it mega evolved. Yeah, it kinda makes sense for ghosts because Scrappy, but I have no ghosts on my team.
Speaking of which, I've also seen multiple attempts to use Ghost type attacks on my own M-Khan. And not by switching in.
A whopping 30% to my min def Deoxys-S. Needless to say, it didn't really help my opponent's cause at all. At least it wasn't scarfed.

Also, speaking of uneccessarily fast Pokemon, I saw a scarf Tornadus-T. lolwut?

Last edited:
Just saw a team that was a huge ass waste of time, to say the least:

Entrainment/Truant Durant

Gothorita with Thunder wave, protect, flash, heal pulse

A bunch of other trappers on the team

Didn't watch the rest, but heard the match was 274 turns and the opponent won.

Just saw a team that was a huge ass waste of time, to say the least:

Entrainment/Truant Durant

Gothorita with Thunder wave, protect, flash, heal pulse

A bunch of other trappers on the team

Didn't watch the rest, but heard the match was 274 turns and the opponent won.
The funny part is if the opponent DDed with Dragonite to begin with instead of waiting until Turn 80, he would have taken down at least half of the Shadow Taggers despite Flash.

He still won eventually but still...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)