SimonSays vs Matezoide at Unown Soup!

(Of course i had. It would be unfair otherwise :<)

You were great, Luna. I will handle this one! ^_^

Flame Charge -> Substitute (15) -> Unown P (Poison Jab)

Last edited:

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
EDIT: WAIT I NEED TO REREF ACTION 3
EDIT: OK DID IT FASTER THEN EXPECTED!
EDIT: FOR ACTION 2!!!
EDIT: FIXED!!!!!! ty simon <3

Dame (F)
HP:
EN: 79
SPE: 80
NATR: Bold
ITEM: Amulet Coin
ABIL: Serene Grace | Super Luck
STAT: N/A
OTHR: Burned

Bridget (F)
HP:
EN: 100
SPE: 65
NATR: Rash
ITEM: Exp. Share
ABIL: Flash Fire | Guts
OTHR: N/A

Round 6: FIGHT!

As the lovely Luna returns to the comfort of her Pokeball, Matezoide grabs another Pokeball and sends out Bridget! The flames of the dog-thing burn ever-brightly. Her gutsy appearance seems to be intimidating over the carefree Dame, but she only returns with a reassuring wink. So charming!

With her trainer cautious of what the current burn may do later on in the match, a Heal Bell is in order. The rings of happiness and prosperity echo throughout the soup, which clears every single status afflicted Pokemon. Dame is happily flying through the skies with no more burn! Bridget senses an opening during Dame's nurturing and charges right at the airborne creature with a power of a million Bouffalant. This causes the two to fall onto the ground near the end of the stage, where the boiling soup of whatever Unown deliciousness is being cooked. It seems Bridget manages to quickly get up from the assault, though, and prepares herself for the next bout.

Bridget immediately lowers her guard and sets up a protective guardian in front of her in case of danger. Dame shakes her body up and angrily slices the wind to create razor slashes at Bridget. These winds manage to be so powerful that they knock the Substitute out cold! Gladly, Bridget wasn't affected by anything this Air Slash could muster. Okay well Bridget sets up at 15 HP Substitute and Dame tries to Thunder Wave but it's blocked!

It's time to get some damage rolling! Bridget leaps from spot to spot, obtains a floating Unown P on the way, and transforms her attack into a sinister Poison Jab! The attack pierces right through Dame's soft body and spreads poison throughout the body... though the poison doesn't stay. However, it appears that the jab has hit a major organ, causing Dame to cry in pain and drop from the air. Moments later, it seems Dame has recovered from the panic attack and, in revenge, glides back into the air and dishes out another Air Slash that collides into Bridget's forehead. This causes the fiery dog-thing to stagger a bit, but she endures the hit well! not paralyze Bridget with a electrifying Thunder Wave!

I wish I could use a Haxorus joke here but as there wasn't an actual poisoning and the hax happened for both sides, well, we can call it even! ... sort of. Let's see what our brilliant players have in store for next round!

Action 1:

Dame used Heal Bell!
Dame cleared her burn status!
-9 energy
Bridget used Flame Charge!
RNG Roll (To-Crit) [<=63 Yes]: 420/1000 (No)
5+3+(7.5-6)=9.5
+1 Speed (98 Speed)
-3 energy

Action 2:

Bridget used Substitute!
A 15 HP Substitute was created!
-15 HP
-12 energy
Dame used Thunder Wave!
NOPE
-7 energy

Action 3:

Bridget used Poison Jab (Unown P)!
RNG Roll (To-Crit) [<=63 Yes]: 15/1000 (Yes)
RNG Roll (To-Poison) [<=300 Yes]: 517/1000 (No)
[8+(7.5-6)+3]x1.5=18.75
A critical hit!
-6 energy
Dame used Thunder Wave!
NOPE
-11 energy

Bridget's Flame Charge Speed boost decayed!

Dame received 9.5+18.75=28.25~28 damage!
Bridget received 15 damage!

Dame (F)
HP:
EN: 52

Bridget (F)
HP:
OTHR: Substitute (15)

I don't think the 25% lowers to 20% because Thunder Wave was the last action of the round BUT IM GOING TO CHECK! edit: EH I GUESS IT IS 20%. says every round it decays and it is the end of the round sooo yeah.

Unown left:
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Matezoide
SimonSays

Last edited:
It happens, no worries, man.

Unown I (Ice Punch) -> Flare Blitz (!) -> Flame Charge

If Roost A1, use Unown M (Meteor Mash) that action
If Double-Team is ordered at any time AND Unown L hasnt been used AND Togekiss is not under the effects of a protective/evasive move , use Unown L (Lock-On) A1.

((Flareon got Flare Blitz?? ... You did it kid. You climbed that whole mountain))

Simon clenched his fist in frustration, wing beats growing frantic and agitated. He didn't feel dark; indeed, his vision was sharpening, colours becoming brighter and shadows fading from black to blues. All the while, the circling ever-watching gaze of 19 circling Unown staying trained on the the battlers.

"YOU THINK THAT YOU CAN JUST COME IN, START WRECKING SHIT?? THAT THERE ISN'T GOING TO BE CONSEQUENCES??!? WE ARE AUBERON, AND YOU WILL SUBMIT OR DIE"

Air Slash ~ Fly ~ Air Slash

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Dame (F)
HP:
EN: 52

Bridget (F)
HP:
OTHR: Substitute (15)

Round 6: FIGHT!

Aggravated by the lackluster performance from last round, Dame attempts to make up for it by crushing the Substitute as soon as possible. Dame uses her trademark Air Slash to cut through the ornament, leaving a lethal wound that diagonally opens up. However, the Substitute bravely remains standing! Bridget uses the distraction to come out of her hiding spot and, with the help of Unown I, spanks Dame with an frosty Ice Punch! This may be an ice move, but Bridget's paws are cool enough for such a move. With her eyes on the Substitute, Dame flies toward the skies to avoid any messy assaults. Bridget attempts to rush at the flying kiss-bird, but the attempt is futile as he falls onto the ground, face-first. Right after, Dame swoops in and thrashes the Substitute with all her force. This completely knocks it out of the arena!

Finally Bridget is vulnerable and Dame wastes no time to go on the offensive. She slashes the air with a perplexing amount of energy and the wave smashes into Bridget's body. This causes her to stagger in pain... effectively numbing her body and mind. She can't do anything!

It seems Dame is playing the catch-up game, though her energy is running short. Bridget on the other hand is pretty darn healthy in terms of HP and energy. Will Dame hax her way to victory or will Bridget brute-force her into submission?

Action 1:

Dame used Air Slash!
RNG Roll (To-Hit) [<=950 Yes]: 301/1000 (Yes)
RNG Roll (To-Crit) [<=125 Yes]: 157/1000 (No)
8+3+(7.5-4.5)=14
-5 energy
Bridget used Ice Punch (Unown I)!
RNG Roll (To-Crit) [<=63 Yes]: 159/1000 (No)
RNG Roll (To-Freeze) [<=100 Yes]: 321/1000 (No)
8+(7.5-6)x1.5=14.25~14
-6 energy

Action 2:

Dame used Fly!
Bridget used Flare Blitz!

The attack missed!
-7 energy
Dame strikes!
RNG Roll (To-Hit) [<=950 Yes]: 214/1000 (Yes)
RNG Roll (To-Crit) [<=125 Yes]: 904/1000 (No)
9+3+(1.5-3)=10.5
The Substitute subsided!
-10 energy

Action 3:

Dame used Air Slash!
RNG Roll (To-Hit) [<=950 Yes]: 944/1000 (Yes)
RNG Roll (To-Crit) [<=125 Yes]: 290/1000 (No)
RNG Roll (To-Flinch) [<=600 Yes]: 561/1000 (Yes)
8+3+(7.5-4.5)=14
-5 energy
Bridget flinched!

Dame received 14 damage!
Bridget received 14 damage!

Dame (F)
HP:
EN: 32

Bridget (F)
HP:
EN: 66

Unown left:

SimonSays
Matezoide

"RENDER THAT PUP LIMB FROM LIMB."

Secret Power ~ Air Slash ~ Air Slash
- IF Protective/Evasive move used successfully, Chill and push actions back.
- IF Flareon is not Paralyzed A3 AND Flareon is not behind a Substitute, use Secret Power instead.

You are supposed to round at the end of the round.

Hax is very annoying....lets try to shut it down!

Got it!

Unown D (Disable [Air Slash]) -> Flamethrower -> Facade Combo

If you are unable to move, push-back.
If you are not paralysed A1, change actions to Flame Charge -> Unown V (Volt Tackle) -> Flare Blitz

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!
(I noticed but since it didn't matter that round, I couldn't be bothered to fix it haha.)

ANYWAY, I am making Secret Power do the accuracy lower effect because soup is watery and IT CAN HAVE SALT! But I can see why it can also be indoors, thus paralyze. Not exactly sure on the ruling, but to me, it's going to lower accuracy. It doesn't affect the reffing though.

Also we can use combos on third actions these days? I guess that means you don't have an action at the beginning of next round (which makes sense to me).

edit: fixed with Struggle wuggle duggles

Dame (F)
HP:
EN: 32

Bridget (F)
HP:
EN: 66

Round 7: FIGHT!

Dame is soooo desperate! She calls upon the secret powers of the Unown to aid her attack. A very salty, watery attack is smashed onto Bridget's body... but it seemed as if the attack was nothing more then a 5-year-old accidentally heading his head into an adult! Bridget laughs at the puny attempt and instantly makes Dame forget how to use Air Slash via the help of Unown-D. Hax... is no longer a cruel mistress.

As Dame struggles to make a single move (and Struggle actually hits the third action!), Bridget leaps right into the worrisome face and breathes a Flamethrower that melts all hopes out of Dame. Our four-legged friend then leaps back and prepares for the almost-final assault. She crouches, collecting an absurd amount of power from Arceus, and then, with the Speed of a Ninjask, swiftly pounces on the hopeless Dame and crushes the living life out of her! As Bridget jumps back to her position for rest, Dame is gasping for air...blood all over. However, she seems to have made it out of the attack alive as she slowly puts her wings back into motion.

It's starting to become extremely clear on who will become victorious. Will next round be the final one?

The final battle begins with Dame using Secret Power to no positive effect. Bridget uses this time to charge at Dame with a fiery assault, crushing her body into semi-ashes. This warms Bridget up to the point where she's as fast as a Gallade! With Unown V's help, she uses another tackling attack, this time with electricity! This violently assaults Bridget's body and absolutely hinders her almost dead! With a glitter of hope, Dame slashes at Bridget with a close range Air Slash before suffocating to a ramming Flare Blitz. This knocks Dame out cold and ends the battle with Matezoide as the victor!

Action 1:

Dame used Secret Power!
RNG Roll (To-Crit) [<=125 Yes]: 519/1000 (No)
RNG Roll (To-Lower Acc) [<=600 Yes]: 810/1000 (No)
7+(1-3)=5.5
-5 energy
Bridget used Flame Charge!
RNG Roll (To-Crit) [<=63 Yes]: 500/1000 (No)
5+3+(7.5-6)=9.5 damage
+1 Spe
-3 energy

Action 2:

Bridget used Volt Tackle (Unown V)!
RNG Roll (To-Crit) [<=63 Yes]: 827/1000 (No)
11+2+(7.5-6)x1.5=21.75
7.25 recoil damage!
-9 energy
Dame used Air Slash!
RNG Roll (To-Hit) [<=950 Yes]: 622/1000 (Yes)
RNG Roll (To-Crit) [<=125 Yes]: 203/1000 (No)
8+3+(7.5-4.5)=14
-5 energy

Action 3:

Bridget used Flare Blitz!
RNG Roll (To-Crit) [<=63 Yes]: 953/1000 (No)
10+3+2+(7.5-6)=16.5
5.5 recoil damage!
-7 energy

Bridget received 5.5+14+7.25+5.5=32.25~32 damage!
Dame received 9.5+21.75+16.5=47.75~48 damage

Dame (F)
HP:
KOed
EN: KOed

Bridget (F)
HP:
EN: 47

Unown left:

REWARDS NEXT POST

Last edited:

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!
Okay, I edited the last round, thus THE END! I haven't done rewards in such a long time lmao. I hope this goes decently.
EDIT: WAIT DONT READ THIS I FORGOT UR ITEMS I WILL MESSAGE YOU GUYS WHEN I ADD THEM
EDIT: THIS IS OK NOW

Matezoide (WINNER!):
+2 CCs
> Happiny (Luna)
+1 EC
+2 MCs
+1 MC
+1 DC
+1 KOC
> Flareon (Bridget)
+3 MCs
+1 MC
+1 KOC

SimonSays (GOOD TRY!):
+2 CCs
+1 CC
> Ralts (Chihiro)
+1 DC
+2 MCs
+1 MC
+1 EC
> Togekiss (Dame)
+3 MCs
+1 KOC

I forfeit any counters I would've got. Thank you Matezoide and SimonSays for the privilege of reffing this match. I have gained a HUGE amount of experience from this and learned what I need to pay attention to the most. Substitutions I have a habit of missing, and more game mechanics the merrier!

edit: SimonSays, if you say so! <3 I will claim them counters.

Last edited:
What?" Why u forfeit? You reffing was prompt, clear and concise. Your flavour was quick, to the point, and fucking awesome. You are the best reffing that I've had in /ages/, and the mistakes made were mostly due to the rules changing so dramatically. You earned those 4 UC, so you claim them! >=[

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)