Simple and Clean.

Simple and Clean

Named after one of my favourite songs. Kingdom Hearts was such epic win. But I actually just made the name of the spot because I thought it kind of represented my team, it didn't have any spectacular strategies like Paralysis+Confusion or Tricking over a Choice Scarf for Torment Heatran to be effective. It was simply just walls and sweepers that lay down the basic Stealth Rock and tries to win. This team doesn't work together to get rid of a single Pokemon's counters or checks like getting rid of Zapdos or Gyarados so Late Game Lucario has some fun. I actually made this Under Used team on the second day of playing Under Used, (Yes I actually just started) and it has been working wonders. Anyway onto the team that has been racking me a lot of wins in the Under Used environment.

Yes these are Heart Gold and Soul Silver sprites for your information.

Nature:Jolly
Item:Toxic Orb
Ability:Guts
252 Attack 176 Speed 82 Hit Points
Brave Bird
Facade
U-Turn
Protect

Swellow is a great lead no one expects it as a lead and this is what is does for my team, Roserades (Which have recently moved up to OU! Check Smogon.) eat a Brave Bird and faint whilst Ambipoms's annoying Fake Out gets stopped by Protect which also activates Toxic Orb (Smart eh?). Yanmega's all get Outspeeded without a Speed Boost which is handy but only sometimes however Brave Bird can OHKO without or without Guts boost. Uxie are a bit annoying however I just usually Facade whilst they Stealth Rock and then U-Turn with Guts boost and then switch to Registeel to lay up some Stealth Rocks. I have to say my team is pretty solid however if there was a weak link I definitely have to say it would be Swellow. Another advantage of having Swellow is that it can come in on Milotic's Hypnosis when intoxicated, however then it can't really do anything because Milotic have good defenses and also Stealth Rock and Poisoning quickly kill off Swellow. Facade is usually my main move as poisoning and Brave Bird recoil is very damaging. If Swellow is still around late game it serves as a great late game sweeper since it sports 363 Speed whilst outspeeds all unboosted or un-Choice Scarfed Pokemon and priority moves in Under Used.

Nature:Adamant
Item:Choice Scarf
Ability:Limber
252 Attack 220 Speed 38 Hit Points
Close Combat
Earthquake
Stone Edge
Blaze Kick

Hitmonlee is an absolute beast in Under Used. Hitting 372 Attack and 397 Speed it easily out speeds the whole Under Used environment. Hitmonlee quite frankly can "muscle its way through the whole tier." Lets take a closer look at popular walls found in Under Used Close Combat can easily 2HKO Steelix with or without Stealth Rocks, I switch in on Registeel's Thunder Wave with Limber and (If my knowledge is correct) 1HKO with Close Combat. Milotic will be 2HKO after eating 2 Close Combats to the face. Donphan is easily 3HKO and might be 2HKO if Stealth Rocks are in play). Stone Edge to wipe out any Altarias which outwise walls this moveset completely. Earthquake is popular in both Over Used and Under Used but is more like a filler move as STABBed Close Combat is usually the preferred attack. Blaze Kick humiliates Venasaurs and Meganiums. Hitmonlee has to be my favourite and probably the most reliable Pokemon in this team. This spot use to be taken by Aggron as I really wanted to test out a Head Smashing Aggron but it was to slow and also Head Smash would miss sometimes which actually lost me a few games. To sum it up: I love Hitmonlee and he loves me (:]) three cheers for Hitmonlee the Rambo of Under Used.

Nature:Jolly
Item:Liechi Berry
Ability:Overgrowth
252 Attack 216 Speed 42 Defense - 30 Hit Point Ivs
Leaf Blade
Rock Slide
Sword Dance
Substitute

Sceptile is my make or break Pokemon and is an absolute terror once Steelix, Registeel and Donphans (Dam you Ice Shard) are out of the way and after a Substitute and a Sword Dance activating Overgrowth and Liechi Berry to make his attack insane. However you only have one chance to make this right otherwise Sceptile is no where as effective. Sceptile is my only effective answer to Milotics which seem to be everywhere know days, sure Registeel use Explosion or Hitmonlee can sacrifice itself to land Close Combats but Sceptile can absorb Surf and if possible set up. As far as I am concerned I created this set myself and I am very proud of it. Rock Slide is for Honckrows and Altarias which will get absolutely dominated after the Liechi Boost or a Sword Dance. Substitute also gives Sceptile the ability to dogde annoying Thunder Waves, Will-O-Wisp or any status in general and helps set off Liechi Berry. Sceptile is the only Pokemon in my team which has the ability to boost his stats and has contributed greatly and helped me sweep a lot of parties.

Nature:Bold
Item:Leftovers
Ability:Marvel Scale
252 Defence 108 Special Attack 94 Special Defense 56 Hit Points
Surf
Ice Beam
Haze
Recover

A pretty standard Pokemon and move set found in the Under Used environment. Milotic is my solution to Donphans and Blaziken and in general is my most stable wall because of its ability to take physical and special attacks (Excluding Leaf Blade, Leaf Storm or most other Grass moves.) Surf has the ability to OHKO Donphans which I find immensely satisfying whilst Ice Beam destroys Altarias. You might be wondering about Haze but this is to stop Sword Dancing Feraligatrs (Which are more popular because of Aqua Jet) and other Pokemon which require setting up like Honckrow which is a problem especially with Sucker Punch. Recover is a must on Milotic as that is why it makes her such a great wall as it is very rid to get rid of her. Marvel Scale means that Milotic isn't that worried about Thunder Wave (But she still hates Toxic). A great Pokemon (Which looks very elegant) is a huge player within the team. Thank God for Milotic.

Nature:Careful
Item:Leftovers
Ability:Clear Body
252 Hit Points 156 Special Defense 92 Attack 8 Speed
Explosion
Earthquake
Iron Head
Stealth Rock
Looking to add in Thunder Wave if possible.

Registeel actually isn't that effective or maybe it is just I don't get to use him much. His or hers move set is actually quite offensive for a wall. I am looking to replace something for Thunder Wave as only two Pokemon in my team are fast and also status is always nice (But only on the opponent.) Explosion is always nice to take something out as well especially if it is something which is stopping me from sweeping or is about to sweep me. Earthquake nails other Registeel that want to set up Stealth Rocks or Thunder Wave. Iron Head is the only STABBed move so I definite need it, Clear Body is kind of useless as I can not think of one Under Used Pokemon that actually uses Intimidate or Leer but it might become handy one day. 8 Speed to possible outspeed other Registeels and Earthquake them before they do it to me. A great wall (Which actually looks like a light bulb.) Ladies and Gentlemen hands together for Registeel!

Nature:Rash
Item:Life Orb
Ability:Blaze
252 Special Attack 252 Speed 6 Hit Points
Fire Blast
Super Power
Hidden Power- Grass
Vacuum Wave

Blaziken and Sceptile in one team! How cool is that? Blaziken is the Wall Breaking Genius Salamence is in Over Used. Easily the best Wall Breaker in the environment, sporting a great attack and special attack stat. Fire Blast (120 Base Power)+STABBed+Life Orb and if possible+Blaze is absolutely monstrous to all that resist it (Looking at you Donphan and Milotic.) Super Power cleans up any Registeel not on full Hit Points in case I don't want to risk Fire Blast missing. Hidden Power Grass is very important as it nails Quagsires, and prevents Gastrodon and Lanturn from completely walling Blaziken. (Quote take from Mr.Sandman.)Vacuum Wave is my only priority move and is important as I believe every team should have one to remove +2 speed and attack Pokemon after Life Orb damage and such. Super Power is very powerful especially as it gains STABBed. However Blaziken is slow and fragile so I try to switch him in on attacks like Grass Know, Will-O-Wisp and I also try to switch him in on Walls. Blaziken the wall breaker!

Conclusion:
This is my Under Used team, pretty good as I made this the second day after entering Under Used battling! Thank you for reading it and possibly rating it.

:]

Flame Orb is better than Toxic Orb on Swellow; the Guts boost prevents Burn from weakening your attack; being burned still gives you +1 attack.

On Swellow Toxic Orb is better for the simple fact that you just attack once and than U-turn out with it. Wich makes that you lose less HP than with Flame Orb.
If you don't use U-turn a lot take Flame Orb.

Well on Registeel I would give it T-Wave instead of EQ. You only use it to counter other Registeels and this can be easily done by hitmonlee. With T-wave it can really help the team out in some moments.

On Swellow Toxic Orb is better for the simple fact that you just attack once and than U-turn out with it. Wich makes that you lose less HP than with Flame Orb.
If you don't use U-turn a lot take Flame Orb.
I used Swellow for a long time, and while U-Turning was common, Protect and Facade were both the used more often than U-Turn. It's not like it has the power that Scizor does, so generally you're out on the field for 2-3 turns at a time.

I used Swellow for a long time, and while U-Turning was common, Protect and Facade were both the used more often than U-Turn. It's not like it has the power that Scizor does, so generally you're out on the field for 2-3 turns at a time.
On 3 turns, the damage done by both orbs is equal. Before the 3rd turn, its better to run Toxic Orb, after 3, use Flame orb for minimal damage.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)