Simple name vs Really annoying to type name (Tavok vs S0L1D G0LD)

The Rules said:
- 2vs2 LC Singles
- 2 days DQ, 2 recoveries and 5 chills
- and the basic ASB arena.
Tavok's team:

VS S0L1D G0LD

Gambo (Munchlax (M))

Nature: Quiet (+SpA, -Spe)

Type:

- Normal:Normal STAB; +1 BAP on attacks that match dominant arena type after 3 actions. Unable to have Thrash or Outrage disrupted by oncoming damage.

Abilities:

- Pickup (Passive): This Pokémon has a natural habit of collecting items. Whenever a hold item (its own or an opponent’s) is thrown away with a move like Fling, or knocked onto the ground with a move like Knock Off, this Pokémon will immediately pick up that item without using an action. It can also grab dropped or naturally occurring hold items in arenas.
- Thick Fat (Passive):This Pokemon has a great deal of extra fat or muscle that increases its resistance to extreme heat or extreme cold, reducing the type effectiveness of Fire- and Ice-typed attacks to the next level of resistance (2x weak becomes neutral, neutral becomes resistance, etc.)
- Gluttony (Locked) (Passive): This Pokemon devours healing and stat increasing berries at 50% health (flat) instead of 25% health (flat). It also regains two (2) HP per action when holding Leftovers.

Stats:

HP: 120
Atk: Rank 3
Def: Rank 2
SpA: Rank 3 (+)
SpD: Rank 3
Spe: 4 (-) (Evasion drop: -10%)
Size Class: 1
Weight Class: 5
Base Rank Total: 16

EC: 0/6
MC: 0
AC: 0/5
KOC: 0

Moves:

Level Up (13/19)

- Last Resort
- Snatch
- Lick
- Metronome
- Odor Sleuth
- Tackle
- Defense Curl
- Amnesia
- Chip Away
- Recicle
- Screech
- Body Slam
- Stockpile

Egg Moves (5/11)

- Counter
- Pursuit
- Self-Destruct
- Subsitute
- Zen Headbutt

TMs/HMs: (5/)

- Protect
- Earthquake
- Rest
- Psychic
- Surf

Move Tutor: (0/)

None

Randy (Beldum (-))

Nature: Quiet (+SpA, -Spe)

Type:

- Steel: Steel STAB; immune to Sandstorm damage, immune to Poison/Toxic status, but can be corroded specifically by Acid and Acid Spray, making them susceptible to Poison-type attacks and Poison/Toxic Status.
- Psyquic:Psychic STAB; can lift and throw opponents with Psychic regardless of Special Attack Rank. Psychic-type attacks are not godlike and cannot be used as a catchall for Disabling, Binding, and redirecting opposing attacks.

Abilities:

- Clear Body (Passive): This Pokémon's body structure makes it immune to stat-lowering moves used by opponents. (e.g. Intimidate, Growl, Screech etc.)
- Light Metal (Passive): The Pokémon's body is made of a lightweight but extremely strong alloy. It weighs half as much as other members of the species, but is equally sturdy. The Pokémon executes weak attacks much more effectively, adding +1 priority to all their attacks with 6 or less Base Attack Power (after other ability adjustments). Priority is applied to the summed Base Attack Power of a multi-hit move (e.g. Double Kick has priority at 6 BAP, Skill Link Bullet Seed doesn't at 15 BAP.)

Stats:

HP: 90
Atk: Rank 2
Def: Rank 3
SpA: Rank 3 (+)
SpD: Rank 2
Spe: 26 (-) (Evasion drop: -10%)
Weight Class: 4
Base Rank Total: 13

EC: 0/9
AC: 0/5
KOC: 0

Moves:

Level Up (1/1)
- Take Down

Egg Moves (0/0)
None

TMs: (0/0)
None

Move Tutor (0/4):
- Headbutt
- Iron Defense
- Iron Head
- Zen Headbutt

About the rules, I thought the challenger decided the other half of them. But, I would like to go with All Abilities and Training Items (even though I have none xD). And Switch = OK, I guess.
S0L1D G0LD's team:

Since I'm lazy as fuck, here are my mons for vs tavok.

Riolu (Awakened) (M)
Nature: Naive
Type: Fighting

Fighting: Fighting STAB; ignore weight restrictions on Circle Throw, Seismic Toss, Sky Drop, Storm Throw, Submission, and Vital Throw.

Abilities:

Steadfast:

Type: Passive

If this Pokemon is flinched, it becomes aware of the speed difference and increases its Speed and natural Speed stage by one (1) to make up the difference.

Pokemon with this ability: Machop, Machoke, Machamp, Scyther, Tyrogue, Hitmontop, Riolu, Lucario, Gallade.

Inner Focus:

When an opponent attempts to flinch this Pokemon, it stands firm and continues its attack. If it has another ability that would be activated by flinching, that ability activates.

Pokemon with this ability: Zubat, Golbat, Abra, Kadabra, Alakazam, Drowzee, Hypno, Farfetch'd, Hitmonchan, Kangaskhan Dragonite, Crobat, Umbreon, Girafarig, Sneasel, Snorunt, Glalie, Riolu, Lucario, Throh, Sawk, Darumaka, Mienfoo, Mienshao, Pawniard, Bisharp.

Prankster (DW Locked):

The Pokemon is always prepared for engaging in sneaky tactics and trickery, giving its non-damaging attacks an increase in priority level.

Pokemon with this ability: Murkrow, Sableye, Volbeat, Illumise, Riolu, Purrloin, Liepard, Cottonee, Whimsicott, Tornadus, Thundurus, Fidgit, Scratchet, Tomohawk.

Stats:

Riolu
HP: 90
Atk: Rank 3
SpA: Rank 2
SpD: Rank 1 (-)
Spe: 69 (+15% Speed, +16% Accuracy)
Weight Class: 2

EC: 1/6
DC: 1/5
Moves:

Foresight
Quick Attack
Endure
Counter
Feint
Force Palm
Copycat
Reversal
Screech
Final Gambit

Agility
Blaze Kick
Bullet Punch
Crunch
Hi Jump Kick

Earthquake
Double Team
Focus Blast
Shadow Claw
Rock Slide

Drain Punch

Honedge (Infinity Blade)[M]
Nature: Brave
Type:
Ghost/Steel

Ghost: Ghost STAB; immune to the effects of full trapping moves and the Arena Trap, Magnet Pull, and Shadow Tag abilities. Ghost types can switch out while affected by a partial trapping move, but they will be damaged every action by their effect.
Steel: Steel STAB; immune to Sandstorm damage, immune to Poison/Toxic status, but can be corroded specifically by Acid and Acid Spray, making them susceptible to Poison-type attacks and Poison/Toxic Status.

Abilities:

No Guard:

This Pokemon has an immense confidence from perfecting each of its attacks, giving them all perfect accuracy. As a result, it feels it can weather every strike, and will not dodge an attack even if ordered to. Only when an OHKO move is issued by the opponent does sense return, and the Pokemon acts normally. Additionally, even with their extra skill, the power and exhaustion involved in using OHKO moves prevents them from being benefited by No Guard; they will have their normal accuracy.

Pokemon with this ability: Machop, Machoke, Machamp, Karrablast, Golett, Golurk, Aurumoth.
Stats:

Atk: Rank 4 (+)
Def: Rank 4
SpD: Rank 2
Spe: 24.34 (24) (-15% speed -10% evasion flat)
Size Class: 2
Weight Class: 1
Base Rank Total: 15

EC: 1/6
DC: 0

Moves:

Tackle
Swords Dance
Fury Cutter
Metal Sound
Pursuit
Autotomize
Shadow Sneak
Aerial Ace
Iron Head
Sacred Sword

Brick Break
Shadow Ball
Flash Cannon
Protect
Rock Slide
Reflect
Double Team
Toxic
Shadow Claw
Rest
Sleep Talk

Fletchling (名詞) (M)
Nature: Naughty
Type: Normal/Flying

Normal: Normal STAB; +1 BAP on attacks that match dominant arena type after 3 actions. Unable to have Thrash or Outrage disrupted by oncoming damage.

Flying: Flying STAB; immunity to Ground attacks and the Arena Trap Ability except under the effects of Smack Down and Gravity, even for ground-based flying Pokemon. Will always hit foes with Dig (except other Flying types) and Dive. Cannot be hit by Dive unless the attacking Pokemon has a size class greater than four (4). Unaffected by Spikes or Toxic Spikes. when switching in. Able to hit Pokemon in the evasive stage of Bounce, Fly or Sky Drop with single target moves that hit Pokemon on the field regardless of position.

Abilities:

Big Pecks:

This Pokemon's sturdy wings prevent its defense from being lowered. The rate its Defense stage drops after a boost is also halved from once every round to once every two (2) rounds.

Pokemon with this ability: Pidgey, Pidgeotto, Pidgeot, Chatot, Pidove, Tranquill, Unfezant, Ducklett, Swanna, Vullaby, Mandibuzz, Fletchling.

Gale Wings (DW Locked):

This Pokemon's Flying type moves have an additional level of priority over their normal order (e.g. +0 priority is +1, +1 is +2, etc.)

Pokemon with this ability Fletchling, Fletchinder, Talonflame:

Stats:

Hp: 90
Atk: Rank 3 (+)
SpD: Rank 1 (-)
Spe: 63
Weight Class: 1

EC: 0/9
DC: 0/5

Moves:

Tackle
Growl
Quick Attack
Peck
Agility
Flail
Roost
Razor Wind

Quick Guard

Taunt
Frusteration
Flame Charge
Rest
Thief
Overheat
Swords Dance
Sleep Talk
Fly

Enjoy lol.

Tavok sends out/equips.
S0L1D G0LD sends out/equips/orders.
Tavok orders.
I ref.

Also, I have to ask, are the rules specified in Tavok's PM okay with you, S0L1D G0LD?

Yes. I suggested the first two in the battle tower.

Disclaimer: My lazy as f--- message was because I reused an old mons sent convo.

Your move then, tavok.

Last edited:
(Good luck man.)

Sending out Riolu @ Exp Share

"Let's give our foe a fight to remember."

"Bring it."

Hi Jump Kick - Drain Punch - Hi Jump Kick
If counter is used, switch that action to Focus Blast and push back.
If successful p/e move is used, switch that action to Feint and push back.

This took a little longer than expected. I had some things to do :/

Oh, and S0L1D G0LD, about your post at the Battle Tower, I'm a dude xD

Body Slam - Body Slam - Body Slam

EDIT:
Hope this is legal, changed it as soon as I could :/ If it doesn't, well, that sucks.
IF Awakened gets paralyzed on the second body slam, change A3 to Psychic
IF Awakened get's paralyzed ON THE FIRST ACTION (i.e. because of the first Body Slam), change the remaining actions to Combo Psychic + Psychic - Cooldown.

In case the edit doesn't count, my original sub was: If Awakened gets paralyzed, change all remaining actions to Psychic.

Gotta hate that Riolu...

Last edited:
Just posting here to say that I haven't forgot about this battle, and that I will ref this sometime later.

Pre-round:

Munchlax [Gambo] (M)
HP
: 120
Energy: 100
Stats: 3/2/3/3/4
Abilities: Pickup / Thick Fat
Other: -10% Evasion

Riolu [Awakened] (M)
HP
: 90
Energy: 100
Stats: 3/2/2/1/69
Abilities: Steadfast / Inner Focus
Other: +16% Accuracy

The battle begins as S0L1D G0LD sends out Awakened-Riolu, while tavok sends out Gambo-Munchlax. Riolu starts off the round by leaping High into the air, then delivering a powerful Jumping Kick that causes Munchlax to stumble back before Body Slamming its attacker, who retaliates with a Punch that Drains Munchlax's vitality before being Body Slammed once again. Riolu then performs another Jumping Kick, knocking its foe over, but Munchlax recovers from this and Body Slams its attacker for the third time this round. Also, on an unrelated note, I'd hate Honedge more than Riolu if I were you, tavok, as Beldum literally cannot touch it with any attack except for Struggle.
Action 1:
Riolu used Hi Jump Kick
[to crit <625] 8765 no
[(13 + 3 + 4.5 - 3) * 1.5] = 26.25 damage
-7 energy

Munchlax used Body Slam
[to crit <625] 3194 no
[to paralyze <3000] 3942 no
(9 + 3 + 4.5 - 3) = 13.5 damage
-5.66 energy

Action 2:
Riolu used Drain Punch
[to crit <625] 7006 no
[(8 + 3 + 4.5 - 3) * 1.5] = 18.5 damage
Riolu restored some health (+9.25 HP)
-11 energy

Munchlax used Body Slam
[to crit <625] 2043 no
[to paralyze <3000] 6008 no
-9.66 energy

Action 3:
Riolu used Hi Jump Kick
[to crit <625] 2013 no (Wow, I RNGed the year; what are the chances of that happening?)
-7 energy

Munchlax used Body Slam
[to crit <625] 6627 no
[to paralyze <3000] 6802 no
-13.66 energy

Post-round:

Munchlax [Gambo] (M)
HP
: 59
Energy: 61

Riolu [Awakened] (M)
HP
: 78
Energy: 75

tavok orders.
S0L1D G0LD orders.
I ref.

Last edited:
Thank you.

And, to fit the spirit of the annoying name I have, I have changed Riolu's sprite/name

From now on, you are to refer to him as........

Dominic Santiolu (Yes I am extremely fucking serious)

Well, I have no luck :/ And I already noticed that Beldum is completely walled by the Honedge, but there's nothing I can really do about it until it evolves (which will probably take a while...). Being completely counter-teamed stinks, even if it is not the intention.

"Well, the, let's try and at least do some harm before being defeated. Are you ready Gambo?"

Psychic - Body Slam - Combo Psychic + Psychic
If a physical super effective attack is used, use Counter and push actions back.
If Double Team is used, use Earthquake and push actions back.

And, I suppose the chances of RNGing the year would be 1 in 10,000 xD

Pre-round:

Munchlax [Gambo] (M)
HP
: 59
Energy: 61

Riolu [Dominic Santiolu] (M)
HP
: 78
Energy: 75

With the beginning of the round, S0L1D G0LD proves his Gears of War fanboyism, as in a burst of aura, Riolu reveals its true form as...Dominic...Santiolu...Anyway, Riolu then Focuses its energy and launches an orb of energy that crashes into Munchlax and detonates with a Blast; however, Munchlax hangs on and uses its latent Psychic powers to lift Riolu into the air and promptly slam it into the ground before leaping at its attacker and Body Slamming Riolu, but Riolu was waiting for this, and performs a powerful Counterattack, sending Munchlax flying a short distance back and landing flat on its back before Riolu leaps at its foe and curb stomps it delivers a powerful Kick that knocks its foe unconscious.
Action 1:
Riolu used Focus Blast
[to hit <8600] 7088 no
[to lower special defense <1000] 2286 no
[(12 + 3 + 3 - 4.5) * 1.5] = 21.25 damage
-7 energy

Munchlax used Psychic
[to crit <625] 8103 no
[to lower special defense <1000] 2966 no
[(8 + 4.5 - 1.5) * 1.5] = 16.5 damage
-6 energy

Action 2:
Munchlax used Body Slam
[to crit <625] 8628 no
[to paralyze <3000] 9019 no
-5.66 energy

Riolu used Counter
(13.5 * 1.5) = 20.25 damage
-11.75 energy

Action 3:
Riolu used Hi Jump Kick
[to crit <625] 8159 no
Munchlax fainted
-7 energy

Post-round:

Munchlax [Gambo] (M)
HP
: -2
Energy: 49
Other: -10% Evasion. Fainted

Riolu [Dominic Santiolu] (M)
HP
: 48
Energy: 49

tavok sends out/equips.
S0L1D G0LD orders.
tavok orders.
I ref.

Last edited:
My interpretation is that since it's a Fighting-type attack, it technically is a supereffective attack. I could be wrong, though, and feel free to ask on IRC or something.

Edit: Fixed, tavok.

He may be right, even if I am not familiar with the rules regarding this... I should have said "Fighting type" instead of "Super-effective" xD but I support the idea of asking someone else...

Asked on irc

I was stupid enough not to c/p the convo, but counter does not count as an se move. I wouldn't lie about this, so just trust me.

Lol ask geodude6 if you don't believe me, he answered my question first.

Please fix, as this is a considerable change.

Lol. Just unlucky, I guess.

By the way, tavok do you care for GoW as much as I do?

Edit if anyone wanted to see the pre edit flavor, here it is

With the beginning of the round, S0L1D G0LD proves his Gears of War fanboyism, as in a burst of aura, Riolu reveals its true form as...Dominic...Santiolu...Anyway, Riolu thenFocuses its energy and launches an orb of energy that crashes into Munchlax and detonates with a Blast; however, Munchlax hangs on and uses its latent Psychicpowers to lift Riolu into the air and promptly slam it into the ground. Riolu then attempts to Counter Munchlax's next move, but Munchlax also attempts to Counter its foe, leaving both combatants looking quite foolish before Riolu leaps at its foe and delivers a powerful Kick, but Munchlax stands its ground and performs a Counterattack that knocks Riolu halfway across the arena.

Not really... I have wanted to play the games since I saw a demo at a mall, but since none of my friends have* them*, I have not been able.

Asked on irc

I was stupid enough not to c/p the convo, but counter does not count as an se move. I wouldn't lie about this, so just trust me.

Lol ask geodude6 if you don't believe me, he answered my question first.

Please fix, as this is a considerable change.
Agh, my mistake, sorry. Fixed

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)