Simple Questions/Requests - Mark 39 (Minor Pokemon Trades, Item Requests etc GO HERE) (NO HACKING)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Opinion Question:

Tell me, if any of you guys were me, what would do if you're stressing out by thinking and trying too hard when doing so many things at once? And what would do first?

I'm trying to decide what movesets of the pokemon that I'm trying to breed next but I'm having a difficult time deciding since they're aren't any analysis about them in the 6th gen yet.

And I'm also trying to focus on breeding more pokemon on the 6th gen at the same time.

I guess we could say that's probably why I have been asking too many questions and asking for people's opinions before instead of deciding things by myself. If that makes any sense.

So if I can't decide a moveset for a pokemon that doesn't have analysis yet, what do you think I should do? Focus on breeding some other pokemon?
Pokemon really shouldnt stress you so much...it is just a game after all. Relax a little and breed what you want because you like to play pokemon

Esmeya

There's nothing left. Goodbye.
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Opinion Question:

Tell me, if any of you guys were me, what would do if you're stressing out by thinking and trying too hard when doing so many things at once? And what would do first?

I'm trying to decide what movesets of the pokemon that I'm trying to breed next but I'm having a difficult time deciding since they're aren't any analysis about them in the 6th gen yet.

And I'm also trying to focus on breeding more pokemon on the 6th gen at the same time.

I guess we could say that's probably why I have been asking too many questions and asking for people's opinions before instead of deciding things by myself. If that makes any sense.

So if I can't decide a moveset for a pokemon that doesn't have analysis yet, what do you think I should do? Focus on breeding some other pokemon?
Coming from someone who bred, donated and gave Pokemon since near the day of release of X/Y and never really found a time in between that to breed for herself (until last week). I'd say focus on one thing at a time and develop each one of your team members slowly. Staring at 300-400+ fully evolved Pokemon and picking out what you like best, then trying to find a set for them use all at once is setting yourself up for failure. If you already have a central team to work with, work with them and list what you think compliments your partial team. Ask for help with it 'round here and keep yourself open-minded to the suggestions you're getting. Instead of trying to make everyone's suggestions work for you pick a few that you think you'd like to use in battle and incorporate your own thoughts into them. Come back with your completed set, ask for opinions and finishing touches. After that you can always throw your suggested team at the Rate My Team people.

No sense getting stressed out over the game, especially if you're not highly competitive and regularly attend tournaments for cash prizes. I understand wanting to be the very best (-shot-), but in the end it's just another game.

Edit: (Deleted extra words and unnecessary commas) Horrible grammar, but it still works. Sorry .-.

Last edited:
I would take a nice relaxing breath, and then do whatever the hell I wanted. :)

If you're worried that your Pokémon won't be competitively viable (or at least recommended once the analyses arrive) then breed something you know will be useful. Physical Pokémon are [almost] always gonna want 31/31/31/x/31/31. At worst you'll have a good parent for breeding once the analyses arrive.

If you particularly want to breed something, then don't worry about whether it'll have the recommended set. Nobody's ever gonna want my Chatot without Boomburst; but I don't care, I wanted to breed a Chatot... Do what will give you a sense of accomplishment, and make you look back on that breed with pride, regardless of whether someone's gonna want it or not :).
Truth in bold <3

Coming from someone who bred, donated and gave Pokemon since near the day of release of X/Y and never really found a time in between that to breed for herself (until last week). I'd say focus on one thing at a time and develop each one of your team members slowly. Staring at 300-400+ fully evolved Pokemon and picking out what you like best, then trying to find a set for them use all at once is setting yourself up for failure. If you already have a central team to work with, work with them and then list what you think compliments your partial team already. Ask for help with it 'round here and keep yourself open-minded to the suggestions you're getting. Instead of trying to make everyone's suggestions work for you, pick a few that you think you'd like to use in battle and incorporate your own thoughts into them. Come back with your completed set and ask for opinions then for finishing touches, then after that you can always throw your suggested team at the Rate My Team people.

No sense getting stressed out over the game, especially if you're not highly competitive and regularly attend tournaments for cash prizes. I understand wanting to be the very best (-shot-), but in the end it's just another game.
Thanks. Great Answer. :)

Opinion Question:

Well I've mostly been focusing on breeding things like starters, interesting pokes like scatterbugs and OU pokes, among others. I don't worry about eggmoves unless they are actually viable. I don't see the point of wasting time breeding useless eggmoves onto stuff just to say that they have 4 eggmoves. If you're curious about viable movesets for specific pokemon then just ask here!

Edit: Frankly though people will accept just about any KB poke though with 5IVs so it really doesn't matter where you start.

Last edited:
Well I've mostly been focusing on breeding things like starters, interesting pokes like scatterbugs and OU pokes, among others. I don't worry about eggmoves unless they are actually viable. I don't see the point of wasting time breeding useless eggmoves onto stuff just to say that they have 4 eggmoves. If you're curious about viable movesets for specific pokemon then just ask here!
Thanks. :)

Since I just breed a shiny 5IV frillish with 0 def IVs, I'm looking for somebody to check my TSV so I can start using SV-method to avoid such a disaster happening again.

So I bought Pokemon X and powersaves yesterday and I was messing around with it today.
I bred some claunchers and was trying for a hexflawless one.
So the best I got was this:
3,2 - Clauncher (M) - Quiet - Mega Launcher - 31.01.31.31.31.00 [1741]

Then I check my TSV and I found out that it was exactly my value^^ .. so I could hatch it shiny in my own game.

So if anyone is intersted in this of me feel free to contact me^^
This will also be in my trade thread if I ever decide to make one....

OT: ~m057 (05567) GER
(M) - quiet - mega launcher - 31/01/31/31/31/00
no egg moves

TLDR: just showing off my first sv bred shiny (which coincidentally matched my own game).

So I bought Pokemon X and powersaves yesterday and I was messing around with it today.
I bred some claunchers and was trying for a hexflawless one.
So the best I got was this:
3,2 - Clauncher (M) - Quiet - Mega Launcher - 31.01.31.31.31.00 [1741]

Then I check my TSV and I found out that it was exactly my value^^ .. so I could hatch it shiny in my own game.

So if anyone is intersted in this of me feel free to contact me^^
This will also be in my trade thread if I ever decide to make one....

OT: ~m057 (05567) GER
(M) - quiet - mega launcher - 31/01/31/31/31/00
no egg moves

TLDR: just showing off my first sv bred shiny (which coincidentally matched my own game).
Psst,I would just say that I bred it myself,without the help of power saves :D why bother?

Opinion Question:

I most definatly help you on the movesets on a competitive pokemon understand though if you pm me my responses might be a little late sorry in advance;(

EnGarde

Not Dead Yet
Just to expand on this, you can't ask for clones but you can say that YOU can clone. Some nice people who don't trade their shinies have let me clone their babies.

Hope that makes it a bit clearer EnGarde. :)
Thanks to everyone who commented on my question yesterday. I didn't realize how much of a faux pas asking would be (and I'm glad you guys told me before I did in a real trade!) I'm going to start going through those fletchling eggs, and see if I can't find a few flawless to save for an SV shiny. That, and maybe I'll try for a dream ball shiny blue sylveon (hyper voice is for looooosers; KB for the one true sylveon!)

Edit: Frankly though people will accept just about any KB poke though with 5IVs so it really doesn't matter where you start.
I disagree with you partly on that point about egg moves il check all the egg moves I breed as many on them as possible if they dont suck even if its just for utility. I like that a lot I wouldnt breed moves on pokemon if they just suck but I for example gave my eevee's stored power wil prbatly never use it but it can be viable in some sets.

this increases the value and wil interest more people to trade with you.

Not really a question or request but...
I'm breeding up some stuff for a giveaway. May take me a bit, but I'm aiming for it. I've grabbed a few mons from givaways / tons of spitbacks from people so I may as well give something back.
Also, I've uploaded a spreadsheet of level 50 Speed tiers to google docs, you can find it Here and in my sig at all times. Covers things like Scarf/DD boosts, Icy Wind drops, and Tailwind numbers for pretty much everything relevant / non-Uber, with neutral, Speed boosting, and Speed reducing/TR natures, full descriptions in every header, just hover over them. I've had it for months on OpenOffice and just now got around to uploading lol. If you can't handle the fabulous color scheme I have a much more subtle scheme I could upload.

Anybody here who can help me evolve my Aromatisse and Trevenant?
I can yeah. Need the items? I have 3500+ BP so its not an issue if you need them.

Looking for someone to RNG me a nice, shiny Timid SR Azelf.
Use your judgment on the ball.
Like always, feel free to CMT and steal anything you like.

I'm breeding up some stuff for a giveaway. May take me a bit, but I'm aiming for it. I've grabbed a few mons from givaways / tons of spitbacks from people so I may as well give something back.
Also, I've uploaded a spreadsheet of level 50 Speed tiers to google docs, you can find it Here and in my sig at all times. Covers things like Scarf/DD boosts, Icy Wind drops, and Tailwind numbers for pretty much everything relevant / non-Uber, with neutral, Speed boosting, and Speed reducing/TR natures, full descriptions in every header, just hover over them. I've had it for months on OpenOffice and just now got around to uploading lol. If you can't handle the fabulous color scheme I have a much more subtle scheme I could upload.

I can yeah. Need the items? I have 3500+ BP so its not an issue if you need them.
Awesome list, I've been meaning to threaten someone into making that for a while.

I think those colours murdered my eyes though. :/

Anyone in here who can breed Lotad in a Safari Ball? I can do a custom breed, or RNG capture any kind of Ditto (English) as long as it's not shiny. PM me!

Esmeya

There's nothing left. Goodbye.
is a Community Contributor Alumnus

I can't handle the green because I'm partially colorblind :c

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)