Simple Questions/Requests - Mark 47 (Minor Pokemon Trades, Item Requests etc GO HERE) (NO HACKING)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey! Was wondering what egg moves to breed on Cherubi, Magmar and Sableye?

Cherubi: Modest, Aromtherapy, Heal pulse, Grass Whistle, Weather Ball?
Magmar: Flare Blitz, Mach Punch, Mega Punch, Dynamic Punch?
Sableye: Sucker Punch, Recover, Metal Burst, Nasty Plot?

Thanks for the help :)

Skymin_Flower

It's Seed Flare time.
Hey guys, I've been out of the scene for a few years. Was just wondering, is there any reason to do 3rd gen RNG anymore? Apart from Shiny Mew / Deoxys, is there anything that you can't get on other games, that would make it worth RNGing an Emerald save file? Thanks in advance

Hey guys, I've been out of the scene for a few years. Was just wondering, is there any reason to do 3rd gen RNG anymore? Apart from Shiny Mew / Deoxys, is there anything that you can't get on other games, that would make it worth RNGing an Emerald save file? Thanks in advance
There's still some of those tutor moves... but maybe Thomaz would know for sure. 3rd gen RNG seems to be his thing.

Well, thanks to Nintendo and Game Freaks that have discredited their previous work with the past generations with the introdution of a stupid pentagon, I can say that the most part of the old RNG'd 'mons have lost value in these years. The main reason is that now it is possible to obtain a flawless Pokèmon more easily than before. In fact you can get a perfect Pokémon with Nature + IVs and a matching ball in a reasonable time. Shininess is not a big problem after all, there are many devices to know your own "Trainer Shiny Value" or your IDs, so it's possible to get a shiny Pokémon using the SV community database or using the Time Machine Method. I'm still RNGing in the past generations 'cause I'm a true collectionist and I know the true value of the 'mons that come from the previous generation, in particular the new generation of breeders don't know way better that there's a hard work behind the RNG manipulation. So I appreciate more a Pokémon that comes from 3rd gen than one that comes from 6th gen, especially because they are hard to get and they can have some exclusive move tutors.
At the end, if you like RNG in 3rd generation and you know the real value of these 'mons, you should continue to do it. Personally, me and my homie _Dragon will still RNG in the previous generations for ourselves and we will still write guides about the RNG manipulation.
First of all Pokémon should be a passion, so you should do the things that you like for it. It doesn't matter is worth or not, if you're interested in, just do it!

Esmeya

There's nothing left. Goodbye.
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Well, thanks to Nintendo and Game Freaks that have discredited their previous work with the past generations with the introdution of a stupid pentagon, I can say that the most part of the old RNG'd 'mons have lost value in these years.
There's a decent number of things that are exclusive to "non-pentagon" only RNG's and even miniscule things like allowing Pokeballs to pass now sort of made a whole lot of RNG bred Pokemon irrelevant because many people like aesthetically pleasing things. You can use non-pentagon Pokemon for this season of BS, so there's that.

I'm still RNGing in the past generations 'cause I'm a true collectionist and I know the true value of the 'mons that come from the previous generation, in particular the new generation of breeders don't know way better that there's a hard work behind the RNG manipulation.
It's not that they don't know, it's that they don't care - because it's just another Pokemon to them and I'm going to be honest Gen 5 isn't a whole lot of hard work, Gen 4 isn't really either, Gen 3 is just a whole lot of waiting with a lua script on an emulator - but retail is a whole lot of waiting and I guess a little harder (XD/Colo are also a lot of waiting, but you need more knowledge to pull it off on emulator or retail).

Anyway, @Skymin_Flower RNGing things can be fun, you learn a lot more about how the game works by going through the process of RNGing. There's exclusive tutors that are still needed like Soft-Boiled Clefable, Shedinja with Baton Pass/Swords Dance in a special ball, S-toss Kang I guess, etc.

There's a decent number of things that are exclusive to "non-pentagon" only RNG's and even miniscule things like allowing Pokeballs to pass now sort of made a whole lot of RNG bred Pokemon irrelevant because many people like aesthetically pleasing things. You can use non-pentagon Pokemon for this season of BS, so there's that.

It's not that they don't know, it's that they don't care - because it's just another Pokemon to them and I'm going to be honest Gen 5 isn't a whole lot of hard work, Gen 4 isn't really either, Gen 3 is just a whole lot of waiting with a lua script on an emulator - but retail is a whole lot of waiting and I guess a little harder (XD/Colo are also a lot of waiting, but you need more knowledge to pull it off on emulator or retail).

Anyway, @Skymin_Flower RNGing things can be fun, you learn a lot more about how the game works by going through the process of RNGing. There's exclusive tutors that are still needed like Soft-Boiled Clefable, Shedinja with Baton Pass/Swords Dance in a special ball, S-toss Kang I guess, etc.
You misunderstood my message, in fact I pointed out that there are still many exclusive 'mons to RNG for (like the ones that you mentioned before).
I agree with your opinion about new gen breeders, I can confirm that 3rd gen is time consuming because I experienced both retail card and emulator.
Anyway, in my opinion RNG is still harder than 6th gen breeding, even if 5th gen manipulation is a goddamn bullshit.

Is there any use for Timid 31/3/31/31/31/30 (the sucky HP Ice spread) or Naive 31/30/31/30/31/31 (HP lolGrass) Cobalions? The stupid goat keeps trolling me.

brb gonna breed a Gothitelle and MSableye, been putting that off for months

EDIT: what are the current [standard, broadly] sets for MSab and Goth, anywho?
^! In OU, please! I'd ask in the OU SQSA thread, but Gothitelle-related shenanigans (and questions) are going down faster than Drifloons under Gravity.

Skymin_Flower

It's Seed Flare time.
Well, thanks to Nintendo and Game Freaks that have discredited their previous work with the past generations with the introdution of a stupid pentagon, I can say that the most part of the old RNG'd 'mons have lost value in these years. The main reason is that now it is possible to obtain a flawless Pokèmon more easily than before. In fact you can get a perfect Pokémon with Nature + IVs and a matching ball in a reasonable time. Shininess is not a big problem after all, there are many devices to know your own "Trainer Shiny Value" or your IDs, so it's possible to get a shiny Pokémon using the SV community database or using the Time Machine Method. I'm still RNGing in the past generations 'cause I'm a true collectionist and I know the true value of the 'mons that come from the previous generation, in particular the new generation of breeders don't know way better that there's a hard work behind the RNG manipulation. So I appreciate more a Pokémon that comes from 3rd gen than one that comes from 6th gen, especially because they are hard to get and they can have some exclusive move tutors.
At the end, if you like RNG in 3rd generation and you know the real value of these 'mons, you should continue to do it. Personally, me and my homie _Dragon will still RNG in the previous generations for ourselves and we will still write guides about the RNG manipulation.
First of all Pokémon should be a passion, so you should do the things that you like for it. It doesn't matter is worth or not, if you're interested in, just do it!
So what exactly is the pentagon (from what I gather, it denotes "native" XY and ORAS Pokemon?), and why does everyone care about it so much? Is it for legality reasons? Thanks for the info about TSV, so it is relatively easy to get shiny breeds now even without RNG abuse I guess. I only RNGed the one save file (Modest / Timid flawless shiny) but it took me upwards of 3 weeks to abuse the TID / SID, and then get to the right frame, so I wouldn't care to do it again if the payoff is not worth it. Thanks for your reply!

Thanks man, I actually know how to RNG in past generations xD, I still have Shiny Mew + Deoxys from Emerald (the only things I kept from when I used to trade here). But it seems everyone already has these now, back when I used to trade here there were perhaps 3 people who could RNG in 3rd gen, so the Pokemon were extremely sought after. Interesting that XD and Colosseum can be RNG abused now, I didn't know that. And ok, it seems like it is only a couple of Pokemon that are worth looking for, especially with the nerf to Self Destruct in the newer generations, the Self Destruct move tutor is nowhere near as useful as it once was. Thanks for your reply!

So what exactly is the pentagon (from what I gather, it denotes "native" XY and ORAS Pokemon?), and why does everyone care about it so much? Is it for legality reasons? Thanks for the info about TSV, so it is relatively easy to get shiny breeds now even without RNG abuse I guess. I only RNGed the one save file (Modest / Timid flawless shiny) but it took me upwards of 3 weeks to abuse the TID / SID, and then get to the right frame, so I wouldn't care to do it again if the payoff is not worth it. Thanks for your reply!

Thanks man, I actually know how to RNG in past generations xD, I still have Shiny Mew + Deoxys from Emerald (the only things I kept from when I used to trade here). But it seems everyone already has these now, back when I used to trade here there were perhaps 3 people who could RNG in 3rd gen, so the Pokemon were extremely sought after. Interesting that XD and Colosseum can be RNG abused now, I didn't know that. And ok, it seems like it is only a couple of Pokemon that are worth looking for, especially with the nerf to Self Destruct in the newer generations, the Self Destruct move tutor is nowhere near as useful as it once was. Thanks for your reply!
The blue pentagon denotes that the Pokemon was caught or bred within the gen 6 games. Only these Pokemon are allowed for use in VGC currently, thus that event shiny Entei from gen 4 with Extreme Speed and Flare Blitz (for example) can't be used for them. The OR/AS Battle Spot has only just opened up to 'transferred' Pokemon, so far just this season but it could carry over into the next/until the next game(s) hit.

Esmeya

There's nothing left. Goodbye.
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Yep. You implied that with your original post - yes you can RNG XD/Colo now via emu or retail and you can get other useful things from those games such as HH Sableye/Dusclops.

Skymin_Flower

It's Seed Flare time.
The blue pentagon denotes that the Pokemon was caught or bred within the gen 6 games. Only these Pokemon are allowed for use in VGC currently, thus that event shiny Entei from gen 4 with Extreme Speed and Flare Blitz (for example) can't be used for them. The OR/AS Battle Spot has only just opened up to 'transferred' Pokemon, so far just this season but it could carry over into the next/until the next game(s) hit.
Cool, so does this mean Pokemon from the previous generations will be worth trading again? I can only RNG in generations 3, 4, and 5, I don't know my TSV or anything, and I don't have any good Dittos, plus everyone here is breeding in Generation 6, so to me it seems like the market is already saturated.

Yep. You implied that with your original post - yes you can RNG XD/Colo now via emu or retail and you can get other useful things from those games such as HH Sableye/Dusclops.
Ok thanks, I might look into it but I don't remember seeing anything overly useful from those games, just the "wow" factor.

Cool, so does this mean Pokemon from the previous generations will be worth trading again? I can only RNG in generations 3, 4, and 5, I don't know my TSV or anything, and I don't have any good Dittos, plus everyone here is breeding in Generation 6, so to me it seems like the market is already saturated.

Ok thanks, I might look into it but I don't remember seeing anything overly useful from those games, just the "wow" factor.
If you need a Ditto, you can easily RNG a few yourself or look at Most's giveaway. You can also always ask someone to help you find out your TSV or to check the ESV of any eggs you breed so you can hopefully find a match, as well.

As for RNG'd Pokemon being worth trading... Defog got a major buff this generation in being able to clear away entry hazards on both sides of the field, but the move itself is only available as an HM in D/P/Pt. Shiny Groudon and Kyogre are well appreciated as they're shiny locked in this generation, along with the Kanto birds and Mewtwo, and their shiny Primal forms match nicely with Luxury or Ultra ball... Dream Radar legendary Pokemon are still desirable, especially Ho-oh and Lugia which are banned from VGC anyway. While there's not as big of a market for RNG'd Pokemon currently, there's still a market for them. Some may even enjoy RNG'd male only/genderless Pokemon, given that only females pass their ball down to the offspring. (Ditto never passes its ball)

Also, there is a demand for certain Pokemon in bank balls - Sport, Safari, Dream, and the Apricorn balls. Non-Poke Ball Fossils are most definitely a thing, especially thanks to the 12.5% female ratio.

^! In OU, please! I'd ask in the OU SQSA thread, but Gothitelle-related shenanigans (and questions) are going down faster than Drifloons under Gravity.
Goth runs Timid Choice Scarf Trick, with Rest Psychic, and Thunder Wave/HP Fire/Calm Mind. Switch it in on something weak like a Clefable without any CM boosts, Trick it, and watch your opponent cry while you PP stall with Rest.

Sableye runs Impish fully physically defensive with Knock Off, Will-O-Wisp, Recover, Foul Play/Toxic.

Skymin_Flower

It's Seed Flare time.
If you need a Ditto, you can easily RNG a few yourself or look at Most's giveaway. You can also always ask someone to help you find out your TSV or to check the ESV of any eggs you breed so you can hopefully find a match, as well.

As for RNG'd Pokemon being worth trading... Defog got a major buff this generation in being able to clear away entry hazards on both sides of the field, but the move itself is only available as an HM in D/P/Pt. Shiny Groudon and Kyogre are well appreciated as they're shiny locked in this generation, along with the Kanto birds and Mewtwo, and their shiny Primal forms match nicely with Luxury or Ultra ball... Dream Radar legendary Pokemon are still desirable, especially Ho-oh and Lugia which are banned from VGC anyway. While there's not as big of a market for RNG'd Pokemon currently, there's still a market for them. Some may even enjoy RNG'd male only/genderless Pokemon, given that only females pass their ball down to the offspring. (Ditto never passes its ball)

Also, there is a demand for certain Pokemon in bank balls - Sport, Safari, Dream, and the Apricorn balls. Non-Poke Ball Fossils are most definitely a thing, especially thanks to the 12.5% female ratio.
Thank you, you have been very helpful :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)