Simple Questions/Requests - Mark 47 (Minor Pokemon Trades, Item Requests etc GO HERE) (NO HACKING)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone, I'm new to breeding and was told to come here to ask for some breeding rejects if possible. Thanks for your time!

Anyone spare a lucky egg? Only have 2 atm.

Wanna maximize my leveling effiency in Le Wow leveling (have a bunch of 50ish legends I could level to 100 slowly as I level other pokes to 50).

Last edited:
S
You quote me and yet I'd not get a n alert. Weird. Anyways, Stench and King's Rock don't stack, and would still be a pretty small chance even if they did. Slu tank also isn't that fast(or good,) so itll get even less mileage from the flinch chance. And what's burn King?
So the idea is togekiss with the serene grace ability. You can put kings rock on him, I don't really think it's necessary. But it puts flinch and burn moves up to a chance of 66.6%, I believe. Makes him burn a lot of people. Just throw something like flamethrower on him.

S

So the idea is togekiss with the serene grace ability. You can put kings rock on him, I don't really think it's necessary. But it puts flinch and burn moves up to a chance of 66.6%, I believe. Makes him burn a lot of people. Just throw something like flamethrower on him.
Don't really understand. What's that got to do with Stunky or Stench? And Flamethrower is only a 10% chance to burn(so 20 with Serene Grace.) Kings Rock is a bad item on anything but Pokes like Cloyster with Skill Link. The extra chance to flinch is very small, not to mention you have to outspeed to flinch on the first place. Kings Rock doesn't stack with other flinching effects(pretty sure,) so that means it's just adding a separate flinch chance, and since the chance is so low it doesn't help much.

I have a question about serebii's "max stats" for a character. Is that only with a nature boost or are they calculating with EVs as well? And does the number mean that you can't go any higher and could (potentially) waste EVs? If there is a set number for the max stat value, that you can't go over.
Basically, to further explain what I'm asking.
http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/062.shtml
If you look at Poliwrath's max speed for lvl 50. They have it at 134. So now, if you took the base 70 and added 9 to it (by stealing from defense) and then added 63 points (252 for the EVs) you end up with 142. Instead of the 134 that they state. So is their based off of having the nature and being level 50 (without the EVs being added on) or is their number including EVs, stating that there is a cap and 32 EV points were wasted?
Oh and are they including IVs? That would raise the number even higher.

Last edited:
I have a question about serebii's "max stats" for a character. Is that only with a nature boost or are they calculating with EVs as well? And does the number mean that you can't go any higher and could (potentially) waste EVs? If there is a set number for the max stat value, that you can't go over.
Basically, to further explain what I'm asking.
http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/062.shtml
If you look at Poliwrath's max speed for lvl 50. They have it at 134. So now, if you took the base 70 and added 9 to it (by stealing from defense) and then added 63 points (252 for the EVs) you end up with 142. Instead of the 134 that they state. So is their based off of having the nature and being level 50 (without the EVs being added on) or is their number including EVs, stating that there is a cap and 32 EV points were wasted?
Your math is just fundamentally wrong. It's base is 70, that doesn't mean it will have 70 speed ever.

What do you mean stealing 9 from defense?

Those numbers are 31 iv with max EV investment and the corresponding nature. The values at level 100 may not be exactly double what it is at 50.

Also as of Gen 6 it is impossible to waste EVs in terms of just putting too many in. It is true that at level 50 an even IV (say 30 speed) maxes out at 248 evs.

Hi,
I'm looking for these legit 5 perfect IVs pokemon (including their evolutions):
  1. Snivy, Timid, Hidden Power Fire (or Rock, or without a specific Hidden Power)
  2. Swinub, Adamant
I can in turn legitimately breed and trade any of these perfect 5 IV pokemon (all in normal pokeballs) or their breedjects/spitbacks:
  1. Beldum, Jolly
  2. Deino, Timid
  3. Magikarp, Impish (for bulky Gyarados) - this I have one available right away, and I could also breed a Jolly one
I can also capture most of Alpha Sapphire pokemon, if offering a few pokedex fills works for you.

And I have a spare Destiny Knot and another Everstone too, if those are good enough to trade for one of the pokemon I'm looking for, or maybe together with a breedject.

Last edited:
Your math is just fundamentally wrong. It's base is 70, that doesn't mean it will have 70 speed ever.

What do you mean stealing 9 from defense?

Those numbers are 31 iv with max EV investment and the corresponding nature. The values at level 100 may not be exactly double what it is at 50.

Also as of Gen 6 it is impossible to waste EVs in terms of just putting too many in. It is true that at level 50 an even IV (say 30 speed) maxes out at 248 evs.
I thought base, represented what you would have for a stat if you had a nuetral nature with an IV of zero. Or a nature that doesn't effect said stat, with an IV of zero.

I meant stealing, as in having the nature that cuts 10% from defense and adding it to speed. It would add 9, correct? Or does it round up and add 10?

So are you saying that you don't need the full 252 EV, to max the stat out, if it has an IV of 30 or 31? If so would that not be wasted EV points? Idk why but I just got really confused looking at the stat numbers... and I'm assuming that at lvl 50, with a perfect IV, it does not add 31 points to the stat, more like 15?

Last edited:
I thought base, represented what you would have for a stat if you had a nuetral nature with an IV of zero. Or a nature that doesn't effect said stat, with an IV of zero.

I meant stealing, as in having the nature that cuts 10% from defense and adding it to speed. It would add 9, correct? Or does it round up and add 10?

So are you saying that you don't need the full 252 EV, to max the stat out, if it has an IV of 30 or 31?
You don't "steal" anything. It doesn't take 10% of one stat and add it, it gives a 10% boost to the Stat itself. So something with a speed Stat (not base) of 50 with a neutral nature, would have 55 with a +speed nature.

And no, I'm saying an iv of 30 at level 50 will not increase after 248 evs

Also just checked out your idea of what the base should represent and it doesn't equal what you think at either level 50 or 100. Take arceus for an example. A hardy arceus, with. A 0 attack iv still has an attack Stat of 125

Last edited:
You don't "steal" anything. It doesn't take 10% of one stat and add it, it gives a 10% boost to the Stat itself. So something with a speed Stat (not base) of 50 with a neutral nature, would have 55 with a +speed nature.

And no, I'm saying an iv of 30 at level 50 will not increase after 248 evs
So why do all of the nature sites say it lowers one stat by 10% and boosts the other by 10%. I'm assuming what your saying is that one drops by 10% of its value. And the other raises by 10% of its value. Not it's takes 10% from one and adds that value to the other stat. Correct?

I'm a transfer from tcg, so I'm still trying to learn the vgc a bit. And the explanations online are.... vague to say the least.

Hi,
I'm looking for these legit 5 perfect IVs pokemon (including their evolutions):
  1. Electrike, Timid, Hidden Power Ice
  2. Snivy, Timid, Hidden Power Fire (or Rock, or without a specific Hidden Power)
  3. Swinub, Adamant
I can in turn legitimately breed and trade any of these perfect 5 IV pokemon (all in normal pokeballs) or their breedjects/spitbacks:
  1. Beldum, Jolly
  2. Deino, Timid
  3. Magikarp, Impish (for bulky Gyarados) - this I have one available right away, and I could also breed a Jolly one
I can also capture most of Alpha Sapphire pokemon, if offering a few pokedex fills works for you.

And I have a spare Destiny Knot and another Everstone too, if those are good enough to trade for one of the pokemon I'm looking for, or maybe together with a breedject.
Deposit something on the GTS asking for a female level 1-10 Elektrike. I'll send you a 31/xx/30/31/31/31 female one.

Send a VM/PM with your ingame name and the pokémon you deposited.

So why do all of the nature sites say it lowers one stat by 10% and boosts the other by 10%. I'm assuming what your saying is that one drops by 10% of its value. And the other raises by 10% of its value. Not it's takes 10% from one and adds that value to the other stat. Correct?
Yes if a Pokémon has a defense stat of 100 and a speed stat of 110 at a neutral nature, a hasty nature would yield stats of 90 (100-100 (.1)) Def and 121 (110+110 (.1))

If you have any more questions shoot me a pm or something

Theorymon has both Hasty and Naive nature Rayquazas in his VGC giveaway thread so I'd save yourself the effort and get one from him instead of trying to soft reset it. Matter of fact, I'd recommend checking out that thread before you SR anything, you might be able to get what you need from the giveaway instead of spending hours upon hours soft resetting pokemon.
You just get into battle and check your stats from there. The only thing you cant see its the nature but you can calculate if its the one you want from the stats
Thanks for the replies, everyone. I'll check out the giveaway thread, but I'm a person who likes to do everything myself when it comes to catching/training my Pokémon, especially after being told personally by Nintendo that it was illegal to use cloned Pokémon in the VGC (even though, as a personal note, I don't believe that cloned Pokémon will be detected by the current hack check system).

If I decide to do it myself, how good should I insist on given my time constraints (4 Pokemon in 3 weeks)?

I'm aware that you can roughly check your IVs during the Zinnia battle; I just meant that it's the scene where she talks a lot and teaches Dragon Ascent to Rayquaza that slows the process down.

EDIT: For example, would you keep this in the interest of time, if I can determine that the Speed IV is 31?

Rayquaza: Naive, 31 / 26-27 / 30 / 31 / 23-24 / 31

At least the lowest IV is in the stat that I care least about given the nature...

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies, everyone. I'll check out the giveaway thread, but I'm a person who likes to do everything myself when it comes to catching/training my Pokémon, especially after being told personally by Nintendo that it was illegal to use cloned Pokémon in the VGC (even though, as a personal note, I don't believe that cloned Pokémon will be detected by the current hack check system).

If I decide to do it myself, how good should I insist on given my time constraints (4 Pokemon in 3 weeks)?

I'm aware that you can roughly check your IVs during the Zinnia battle; I just meant that it's the scene where she talks a lot and teaches Dragon Ascent to Rayquaza that slows the process down.

EDIT: For example, would you keep this in the interest of time, if I can determine that the Speed IV is 31?

At least the lowest IV is in the stat that I care least about given the nature...
There are certain mon, like smeargle that can be used to check certain mon's IVs. But I'm not very knowledgeable on that end. If that's what you meant. Kinda distracted with cooking at the moment. Read that really quickly

Have an odd request.

I am curious to see how many eggs I've hatched on my breeding file. I would require someone to quick battle me (I'll just use one poke) and wait for the stats of my hatches to come up while waiting.

Any takers?

Edit: Been helped.

Last edited:
LF a Pressure Aerodactyl. Ideally Jolly with 31s in all but SpA which doesn't matter. I'd give one of my breedables in exchange, but no fancy EM requests since I'm not asking for much.

New page so I'm reposting this... need to know if I should keep this in the interest of time (I have 4 Pokémon to SR in 3 weeks) or keep trying for a better one. Haven't yet decided if I'm going to go with my own or use one of the giveaway ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)