Simple Questions/Requests - Mark 47 (Minor Pokemon Trades, Item Requests etc GO HERE) (NO HACKING)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there some sort of RNG search on 6th gen yet? Like I've been breeding the past 5 hours with a 6IV and a 4 IV parent in hopes of a 5IV correctly spreaded with HA, but I've got around 10 of those and NO HA, also 3x 6IV and no HA either. It's getting kind of bad now, my mother has the HA so it should pass down 60% of the times but with 13 pokemon and none of them having HA I think spread sheets are playing a bad game on me now <_<

Is there some sort of RNG search on 6th gen yet? Like I've been breeding the past 5 hours with a 6IV and a 4 IV parent in hopes of a 5IV correctly spreaded with HA, but I've got around 10 of those and NO HA, also 3x 6IV and no HA either. It's getting kind of bad now, my mother has the HA so it should pass down 60% of the times but with 13 pokemon and none of them having HA I think spread sheets are playing a bad game on me now <_<
It's just bad luck. The RNG hasn't been cracked but my advice to you is to try another pokemon for a day and come back to that one.

Kept the father (6 IV) but swapped mother (which was 5IV) for another equally 5 IV one BUT this time I put the mother on slot A (first in) and father on slot B (second). I got the desired 5 IV offspring with HA after a few eggs this time.. coincidence? I had been breeding with Ditto (father) on Slot A the whole time before, now that I swapped slots, I got the 5 IV HA. Something to take note of, at least for me :)

Skymin_Flower

It's Seed Flare time.
Kept the father (6 IV) but swapped mother (which was 5IV) for another equally 5 IV one BUT this time I put the mother on slot A (first in) and father on slot B (second). I got the desired 5 IV offspring with HA after a few eggs this time.. coincidence? I had been breeding with Ditto (father) on Slot A the whole time before, now that I swapped slots, I got the 5 IV HA. Something to take note of, at least for me :)
It's a coincidence. No offence but what you are doing is basically the same as holding down A when you throw the Pokeball and saying it helps capture Pokemon more easily. Everyone has their own method ;)

It's a coincidence. No offence but what you are doing is basically the same as holding down A when you throw the Pokeball and saying it helps capture Pokemon more easily. Everyone has their own method ;)
You're probably right. I actually stopped with the A smashing because that's how I made my DSLite A button really loose but anyways. If it's a coincidence then it's a pretty big one. I've abused RNG in the past generations and this get 14-15 spreads but no HA made me think that I was doing something wrong with the breeding and I was hitting wrong spreadsheets, especially because I read somewhere that parent order matters at least for X/Y (doing this in an AS).
Swapping the parents did the trick, call it coincidence, luck or not I'm just sharing my results if anyone finds it interesting. I'll keep placing my female HA on slot A by now on.

I know this page really isn't for battling, I've tried to find someone who's recently posted within the last month, but I'm trying to find someone for competitive battles on a regular basis, but I'm looking for someone who just really ev trains and doesn't do a whole lot of iv breeding or anything to get perfect Pokemon, I just want someone who has regular Pokemon that are just ev trained and ready for battles.

I know this page really isn't for battling, I've tried to find someone who's recently posted within the last month, but I'm trying to find someone for competitive battles on a regular basis, but I'm looking for someone who just really ev trains and doesn't do a whole lot of iv breeding or anything to get perfect Pokemon, I just want someone who has regular Pokemon that are just ev trained and ready for battles.
Odd request, as most, if not all, people here are concerned with perfect IV's if its a breedable pokemon.

From the sound of it, you just EV train as well.

Might wanna start breeding 5 IV pokes.

It's going to throw off your game if you do not have perfect stats, especially when learning the speed tiers.

Last edited:
there is no point on EV training when most EVs are there for a reason. Ex. outspeeding positive 70s with X Spe EVs or surviving the 2HKO from X pokemon with Y Def EVs, etc.

Odd request, as most, if not all, people here are concerned with perfect IV's if its a breedable pokemon.

From the sound of it, you just EV train as well.

Might wanna start breeding perfect pokes.

It's going to throw off your game if you do not have perfect stats, especially when learning the speed tiers.
I mean for a while I had a group of friends that I did this with for a while, but they all got busy, I know surely we're not the only ones who do this, I just like to play for fun with Pokemon I love, I don't care if the Pokemon I breed aren't perfect, as long as I enjoy playing with others who feel the same
there is no point on EV training when most EVs are there for a reason. Ex. outspeeding positive 70s with X Spe EVs or surviving the 2HKO from X pokemon with Y Def EVs, etc.
All I do is just ev train them the way they're shown in the strategy Dex, I don't care about giving them ivs, just looking for someone who does the same

Moderator edit: Don't double post.

Last edited by a moderator:
I mean for a while I had a group of friends that I did this with for a while, but they all got busy, I know surely we're not the only ones who do this, I just like to play for fun with Pokemon I love, I don't care if the Pokemon I breed aren't perfect, as long as I enjoy playing with others who feel the same
All I do is just ev train them the way they're shown in the strategy Dex, I don't care about giving them ivs, just looking for someone who does the same
Don't double post, just edit the previous post.

You might have better luck on Serebii, Gamefaqs, Marilland, or Reddit. It's gonna be nearly impossible to find someone who doesn't care about IVs on Smogon and even harder in the wifi forum.

Slots make no difference. You've had bad luck but breeding is easy.

You're probably right. I actually stopped with the A smashing because that's how I made my DSLite A button really loose but anyways. If it's a coincidence then it's a pretty big one. I've abused RNG in the past generations and this get 14-15 spreads but no HA made me think that I was doing something wrong with the breeding and I was hitting wrong spreadsheets, especially because I read somewhere that parent order matters at least for X/Y (doing this in an AS).
Swapping the parents did the trick, call it coincidence, luck or not I'm just sharing my results if anyone finds it interesting. I'll keep placing my female HA on slot A by now on.
Parent order matters if you're doing the "time machine breeding" method IIRC, but not when you're just breeding normally. Like others have said, you just hit a string of bad luck.
Here's the thing, though. Smogon's Strategy Dex assumes that the Pokemon's IV's are all perfect, unless otherwise stated or utilizing a specific Hidden Power type, (like 31/0/30/31/31/31 for HP Ice Raikou) which is easily done in Pokemon Showdown!. If your Pokemon have imperfect IV's, then they're not going to hit the same benchmarks the strategy Dex's EV spreads are trying to accomplish.

That said, if you really just want casual battles, the sites Gabe recommended would probably be better places to look for that sort of thing than Smogon...

zero2exe

Veteran Breeder - Expert Translator
is a Contributor Alumnus
Parent order matters if you're doing the "time machine breeding" method IIRC, but not when you're just breeding normally. Like others have said, you just hit a string of bad luck.
I'm afraid that's not true at all, there are no predetermined parent slots in TMB (assuming you mean the order in which the parents are deposited into the daycare). Every time you collect an egg and save the game the spread for the next egg has already been set, this includes gender%, ability%, Nature (when not using everstone) and most importantly the IVs that are passed down from the parents. For example a spread like 31/M/M/M/M/F would mean that the offspring will always get its speed stat from the Female while the rest would be passed down from the Male, it doesn't matter who goes into the daycare first.

I'm looking for a Rotom, preferably at least 3/4IV. I have 5/6IV legends to trade and some other 5/6IV Pokes.

Keldeo, Genesect, Thundurus, Tornadus, Jirachi, Suicune, Entei, Raikou, Victini, Terrakion

Does anyone have a Mienshao or Mienfoo they are willing to trade? Could even just be an egg or level 1. Doesnt have to be competitive, I can work on that myself. Just need one to start...looking to use it as a fake out/wide guard tech pokemon.

Hope I posted this in the right spot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 13)