Simple Questions/Requests - Mark 48 (Minor Pokemon Trades, Item Requests etc GO HERE) (NO HACKING)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bump!

Can anyone please help me to complete the pokedex?

I don't have any means to acquire those Pokemon, and I need them only to complete the Dex:
- Scizor
- Slowking
- Vullaby
- Politoed
- Milotic
- Shieldon
- Archen
- Sandshrew

I can get those Pokemon, but I prefer help help to get them:
- Lilligant
- Froslass
- Weavile
- Carvanha
I can get you Scizor and vullaby, but I need some help with my dex as well

Hello everyone. I was directed here by a kind mod since my findings would be more relevant here.

This is regarding the different Egg RNG in SM than in XYORAS. In short: Time Machine method does not exist in Pokemon Sun and Moon.

I'll dump all my findings here, so please excuse me.

My original post:

"Some background; I'm MMing for a shiny Mimikyu. 40 boxes and still no shiny unfortunately. Out of sheer curiosity, I decided to test out if the breeding RNG in SM works the same why it did in XYORAS.

In XYORAS, once the daycare man/lad has an egg, everything about it is set in stone (IVs, gender, shininess). If you save before taking the egg, hatch it, then reset and do it again, it'll be the same pokemon, no question.

The catch is that after taking that egg, the NEXT egg generated will be random. For example, you take the first egg, hatch it, then take the second egg and hatch it. If you reset and do this process again, the second egg can have a different IV spread, gender, etc.

I've been testing this in SM, and I've come across some weird results. When I save before the first egg, take it, then hatch it, it will be the same pokemon if I do this process over and over.

HOWEVER, taking any subsequent eggs and hatching them is a different story. If you take the second egg and hatch it, then reset and take the first and second eggs and hatch them again, the second egg hatched will have the SAME IVs and gender as the second egg that was hatched before the reset! This happened with at least 3 other subsequent eggs, resetting about 3 times. It was very odd.

I reset again, but this time I refused to take the first egg. I took the egg that was generated after that, and it naturally had a different IV spread than the egg I refused. But this is the WEIRD part. When I took the second egg, it still had the same IVs and gender as the second egg I took in any of the previous resets! Same goes for any subsequent eggs.

Sorry for the long-winded mechanics anecdote, I just wanted to know if anyone else knew anything about this peculiarity."

Some more testing:

"Yes, my 6IV Japanese Ditto was holding a Destiny Knot, and my Mimikyu was holding an Everstone. I tested something else just now, if that helps:

I reset again, and rejected the first egg. Instead of generating a new egg right away, I took out Ditto and Mimikyu from the daycare, and put them back in, in a different order (Previously, Ditto was deposited first and then Mimikyu, so I reversed the order).

Lo and behold, I achieved the exact same results for what happened in the last part of my original post, with the EXACT SAME IVs as the first Mimikyu after the rejected egg for the first egg generated in this test. The second, third, etc. Mimikyu were the exact same as any of the tests I had done previously.

Now I'm testing for what would happen if I put a DIFFERENT Mimikyu but use the same Ditto to generate more eggs. I'll report back in a couple minutes."

Some MORE testing (and wishful thinking):

"I'm back. I tried it with the two different Mimikyus. However this is only raising more questions than answers....

I reset, reject the first egg as always. I take out the Mimikyu in the daycare and replace it with another Mimikyu. I generate and take 4 eggs after that exchange. The first two Mimikyu eggs are different, but then the last two ARE THE SAME AS ALL THE PREVIOUS TESTS.

I'm starting to think there's some sort of broken RNG with eggs. Perhaps we can see the return of RNG Manipulation or something akin to Instacheck in the near future?"

And the big kicker:

"I noticed this too.
I was MMing for a shiny Dewpider. After hundreds of eggs, one hatched shiny but my 3DS died. Not that I minded since it wasn't the gender I wanted.

I hadn't saved and went back to hatching eggs. Turns out the exact same shiny reappeared. Curious, I soft reseted and after a bunch of identical eggs, the same shiny showed up again.

Then I changed the Dewpider in the nursery with another one: exact same result.
I was trying to SR to change the gender but absolutely none of the eggs change.

Since I didn't want a female Dewpider, I SR again and replaced the Dewpider in the nursery with a Mimikyu since I did want a female Mimikyu.
Exact shiny hatched again (same nature, IV spread, even characteristic) but this time it was a Mimikyu.

Though I didn't reject any eggs because I was lucky enough to save my game when the lady's sister didn't have any eggs to give me.
It seems as if eggs are fixed no matter the parents."

Can anyone tell me what's going on? Is Egg RNG broken in S/M?

Edit: Formatting

I have a regular ability 31/31/31/31/29/31 Beast Ball Gible, but you'll need to let me breed another to keep.
Can I ask you to breed me a copy of whatever version you're making for yourself?

My FC is 1607-6629-8456 if you would like to do this.

Hello everyone. I was directed here by a kind mod since my findings would be more relevant here.

This is regarding the different Egg RNG in SM than in XYORAS. In short: Time Machine method does not exist in Pokemon Sun and Moon.

I'll dump all my findings here, so please excuse me.

My original post:

"Some background; I'm MMing for a shiny Mimikyu. 40 boxes and still no shiny unfortunately. Out of sheer curiosity, I decided to test out if the breeding RNG in SM works the same why it did in XYORAS.

In XYORAS, once the daycare man/lad has an egg, everything about it is set in stone (IVs, gender, shininess). If you save before taking the egg, hatch it, then reset and do it again, it'll be the same pokemon, no question.

The catch is that after taking that egg, the NEXT egg generated will be random. For example, you take the first egg, hatch it, then take the second egg and hatch it. If you reset and do this process again, the second egg can have a different IV spread, gender, etc.

I've been testing this in SM, and I've come across some weird results. When I save before the first egg, take it, then hatch it, it will be the same pokemon if I do this process over and over.

HOWEVER, taking any subsequent eggs and hatching them is a different story. If you take the second egg and hatch it, then reset and take the first and second eggs and hatch them again, the second egg hatched will have the SAME IVs and gender as the second egg that was hatched before the reset! This happened with at least 3 other subsequent eggs, resetting about 3 times. It was very odd.

I reset again, but this time I refused to take the first egg. I took the egg that was generated after that, and it naturally had a different IV spread than the egg I refused. But this is the WEIRD part. When I took the second egg, it still had the same IVs and gender as the second egg I took in any of the previous resets! Same goes for any subsequent eggs.

Sorry for the long-winded mechanics anecdote, I just wanted to know if anyone else knew anything about this peculiarity."

Some more testing:

"Yes, my 6IV Japanese Ditto was holding a Destiny Knot, and my Mimikyu was holding an Everstone. I tested something else just now, if that helps:

I reset again, and rejected the first egg. Instead of generating a new egg right away, I took out Ditto and Mimikyu from the daycare, and put them back in, in a different order (Previously, Ditto was deposited first and then Mimikyu, so I reversed the order).

Lo and behold, I achieved the exact same results for what happened in the last part of my original post, with the EXACT SAME IVs as the first Mimikyu after the rejected egg for the first egg generated in this test. The second, third, etc. Mimikyu were the exact same as any of the tests I had done previously.

Now I'm testing for what would happen if I put a DIFFERENT Mimikyu but use the same Ditto to generate more eggs. I'll report back in a couple minutes."

Some MORE testing (and wishful thinking):

"I'm back. I tried it with the two different Mimikyus. However this is only raising more questions than answers....

I reset, reject the first egg as always. I take out the Mimikyu in the daycare and replace it with another Mimikyu. I generate and take 4 eggs after that exchange. The first two Mimikyu eggs are different, but then the last two ARE THE SAME AS ALL THE PREVIOUS TESTS.

I'm starting to think there's some sort of broken RNG with eggs. Perhaps we can see the return of RNG Manipulation or something akin to Instacheck in the near future?"

And the big kicker:

"I noticed this too.
I was MMing for a shiny Dewpider. After hundreds of eggs, one hatched shiny but my 3DS died. Not that I minded since it wasn't the gender I wanted.

I hadn't saved and went back to hatching eggs. Turns out the exact same shiny reappeared. Curious, I soft reseted and after a bunch of identical eggs, the same shiny showed up again.

Then I changed the Dewpider in the nursery with another one: exact same result.
I was trying to SR to change the gender but absolutely none of the eggs change.

Since I didn't want a female Dewpider, I SR again and replaced the Dewpider in the nursery with a Mimikyu since I did want a female Mimikyu.
Exact shiny hatched again (same nature, IV spread, even characteristic) but this time it was a Mimikyu.

Though I didn't reject any eggs because I was lucky enough to save my game when the lady's sister didn't have any eggs to give me.
It seems as if eggs are fixed no matter the parents."

Can anyone tell me what's going on? Is Egg RNG broken in S/M?

Edit: Formatting
Well I hatched a shiny marril today on my second egg from save, got so mad that I soft reset it, and haven't seen a shiny since 50-60 more eggs in so no i don't think it's broken.

Also the "first 2 are different but the last 2 are the same" part points to flawed testing. there's a finite number of possibilities of offspring, so the fact that 2 were different and then 2 were the same doesn't mean they were actually 'the same' unless you're checking PIDs.

Christian

Veni, vidi, vici
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Hello, looking for some Gen 7 mons (Breedjects are fine) :)

Can offer (All hyper trained in their useful stats):

-Modest Beast Ball Guzzlord
-Careful and Adamant Beast Ball Buzzwole
-Modest Heal Ball Tapu Lele
-Jolly, Adamant and Impish Beast Ball Kartana
-Calm Dive Ball Tapu Fini
-Adamant Level Ball Tapu Bulu
-Timid Beast Ball Nihilego
-Bold Luxury Ball Necrozma
-Timid hp fire Xurkitree
-Modest hp ice Xurkitree

PM/VM me!

Last edited:
Are you offering a rough skin gible? I don't care about IVs or nature, but I can offer Rock Head Cubune, Regenerator Mareanie, Harvest Exeggcute, Snow Warning Vulpix, or moody Snorunt

Last edited:
Does anyone have a spare articuno or moltres in X/Y or ORAS? just for the purpose of making a living dex so ivs/nature/ blue pent doesn't matter. TY :)

I'm trying to chain for HA, but it doesn't matter how many times I try, I keep getting the same regular abilities over and over. The higher the chain = the higher the chance of HA or is it completely random? I'm losing my mind x_x

I'm trying to chain for HA, but it doesn't matter how many times I try, I keep getting the same regular abilities over and over. The higher the chain = the higher the chance of HA or is it completely random? I'm losing my mind x_x
You just gotta keep at it. I remember when I was chaining for an HA Sandshrew, I ended up staying in a single battle for 278 turns before the right one popped. And that's to say Nothing of all my failed attempts prior. Sometimes the luck is just really really bad, but it'll pop eventually.

That'd be amazing, when will you be back? And yeah it's definitely qualot I was thinking of, think the others I'm lacking are pomeg and Greta. I unfortunately overly EVd Magearna in def so I'm trying to correct it before levelling it up but these berries seem to be the only way to correct mistakes right now.
Sure I'm home now, tell me when you are up for a trade and I'll set you up with qualot, pomeg and grepa.

keep or toss

Magearna - #801 (Modest)
HP: 31
Att: 0 - 3
Def: 26 - 27
SpA: 31
SpD: 31
Speed: 31

im thinking keep due to the low attack

but what do you guys think?

keep or toss

Magearna - #801 (Modest)
HP: 31
Att: 0 - 3
Def: 26 - 27
SpA: 31
SpD: 31
Speed: 31

im thinking keep due to the low attack

but what do you guys think?
anyone? I know it has been just a few minutes but its already a new page

edit: decided to keep

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 8)