Resource Simple Questions, Simple Answers: OM Edition

drampa's grandpa

cannonball
is a Community Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
From Bulbapedia:
Revelation Dance is unaffected by Normalize, Pixilate, Refrigerate, Aerilate, and Galvanize. Also, there is no reason to use revelation dance over boomburst except for soundproof mons.
It's not "over Boomburst" it's over the relevant coverage, as Revelation Dance is always your primary type. Still can't think of a type where it's worthwhile.

Edit: not that anyone is reading this but Revelation Dance is completely viable as a way to beat Normalize shenanigans.

Last edited:
Have there historically been any approved OMs / Pet Mods featuring a revised type chart beyond a "binary" edit like Inverse Type, or any OMs with new type(s) altogether?

Will we be doing invitational tours?
Introducing ...

Quarterly OM Invitationals

Starting April 1st, we'll be hosting a series of invitational tours to pit the best battlers from the daily tours against each other. To help narrow down the choices, we'll also use information from the ladders. The invitationals are seeded with the best 8 players from the Daily Tournament scoreboard and current ladder in the following metagames: Balanced Hackmons, 1v1, Mix and Mega, Almost Any Ability, and Sketchmons. After the dust settles, the winners of each invitational will be proclaimed the Quarterly Champions! (And may receive a small prize, such as a custom title on Smogon.)

The invitations are sent every quarter. Players are selected based on their performance for the preceding three months. The quarterly blocks and their corresponding invitationals are as follows:
  • Winter Invitational: January-February-March scoreboards, hosted April 1st
  • Spring Invitational: April-May-June scoreboards, hosted July 1st
  • Summer Invitational: July-August-September scoreboards, hosted October 1st
  • Autumn Invitational: October-November-December scoreboards, hosted January 1st

Mark your calendars and make sure to check your mail when the time comes!

It was Eevee's project but I don't think he has the time/interest for it anymore. Maybe someone on the new moderation team does! If so, they're free to talk to Eevee and take it over.

Please ban fucking STag Gengar. It's really not funny anymore.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7balancedhackmons-566259977
I lost three of my mons to this fucking Gengar, including Groudon (as the opponent predicted trick right and trick fails against Gengar) and Pixilate Diancie; and so I lost the game altough I had a prett good start and had a 6-3 lead.
Wtf happened in that replay?

From the log:

Turn 8

Groudon's Gengarite is reacting to superSkylake's Mega Bracelet!
Groudon has Mega Evolved into Mega Groudon!

And at Turn 16, Gengar comes on the field already MegaEvolved (and there's a bug with the team sprites showing both a Gengar and a M-Gengar and lacks Yveltal even though it was yet to be used in the match).

I'm no BH expert, but I'm pretty sure Mega stones aren't supposed to behave this way.

From the log:

Turn 8

And at Turn 16, Gengar comes on the field already MegaEvolved (and there's a bug with the team sprites showing both a Gengar and a M-Gengar and lacks Yveltal even though it was yet to be used in the match).

I'm no BH expert, but I'm pretty sure Mega stones aren't supposed to behave this way.
That's exactly how mega stones are supposed to work on a Pokémon with Illusion. Except the team sprites part, and that bug has been reported already.

From the log:

Turn 8

It's a visual "bug" that results from illusion, and maybe a mega evo involved (idr if I have seen it reported in a normal meta)? My hypothesis is that PS thinks that there is more than 6 pokemon, so it removes the oldest poke from view and replaces it with most in this case. It still thinks that you don't know about normal gar and illusion.

To be a little more specific, Regenerator triggers when the user switches out rather than switching in. For most cases the distinction isn't important, but it does mean Imposter gets healing and it also means a low health Regenerator that was below a hazard threshold may heal enough to be able to switch into them again. It also means ability removal actually means something to a Regenerator.

I'm new to BH and have a question. If I'm using and Unaware Mega-Audino to remove Hazards and check set-up dragon-types, would I use a STAB fairy move, or an Ice-type move?

I'm new to BH and have a question. If I'm using and Unaware Mega-Audino to remove Hazards and check set-up dragon-types, would I use a STAB fairy move, or an Ice-type move?
Most likely STAB unless you really want to hit Zygarde and Mega-Ray specifically. Though as a defensive Pokemon, Audino usually doesn't run moves for damage either way. It can though, as I've seen decent Pixelate sets, but Pixelate =/= Unaware.

Most likely STAB unless you really want to hit Zygarde and Mega-Ray specifically. Though as a defensive Pokemon, Audino usually doesn't run moves for damage either way. It can though, as I've seen decent Pixelate sets, but Pixelate =/= Unaware.
Thanks. I was that. I think I'll stick to my original moveset now that I think about it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)