Resource Simple Questions, Simple Answers Thread

I want to run a bulkier spread on a DD Kyurem set. Still running loaded dice, DD, Icicle Spear, Dragon Claw, + Sub. What would be some benchmarks with more ev HP investment that would make it worthwhile? I am running Kyurem on a balance team, and I have Glowing for snow support + Gliscor for Spikes

I have been struggling into Volcarona, but the general consensus from high level players seemed to be that it isn't high on the list of potential bans. Does anyone have a way to check it without an unaware tank, Skeledirge/Clodsire, that fits on a balance-ish team?

I have been struggling into Volcarona, but the general consensus from high level players seemed to be that it isn't high on the list of potential bans. Does anyone have a way to check it without an unaware tank, Skeledirge/Clodsire, that fits on a balance-ish team?
Ting Lu whirlwind would probably be the most consistent option. Brave Bird Corv also OHKOs offensive Volcarona after luring it in. Iron Boulder probably forces a Tera, switch, or revenge

j0nathan

formerly trainer_j0nathan
Niche pick but ive been using H-Arcanine and its quite good against Volc!
Arcanine-Hisui @ Choice Band
Ability: Rock Head
Tera Type: Normal
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Head Smash
- Extreme Speed
- Crunch/Rock Slide/CC/Psychic Fangs

Edit: Alluring Voice Primarina with AV is also a great option. You do have to pray that it's not Giga Drain Volc or you use a defensive Tera.

Last edited:
What are my best options to deal with CM Hatt on Balance?
knock really limits its ability to enter the field and start doing its nonsense which u can find on glis clef weav meow etc

sd gambit/np gholden dont really care about anything it clicks and can setup in its face if you swap in immediately. just dont click the steel move into the tera (this isnt prediction, you have no reason to) and dont attack early. in terms of hard fast answers you have dirge, garg, psychic noise prim, sd glis, and tran. samuh isnt a foolproof 1v1 option against hatt but does a great job of limiting hatt's entry and purpose between ceaseless+knock.

common balance staples like ting and gking are quite good at forcing damage/tera on it. generally if you just attack hatt and play aggressively to make sure it cant spiral by putting it in positions to where smth can easily rk after smth else has 1v1d it most teams can naturally play around it.

What happens if a suspect test starts and the pokemon ends up dropping in UU before the suspect test ends?

Is the test canceled?
Can a pomemon be banned from OU and remain legal in UU?

Aragorn the King

Literally a duck
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
What happens if a suspect test starts and the pokemon ends up dropping in UU before the suspect test ends?

Is the test canceled?
Can a pomemon be banned from OU and remain legal in UU?
The Pokemon would get banned from OU and UU. When Espathra was banned from OU, it was actually UU I'm pretty sure. But it got banned from both Tiers.

I'm pretty sure Deoxys-Defense was UU when it got banned in Gen 6, too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 3)