1. Post all suggestions for Pokemon Showdown in this thread. Do NOT post them in the Suggestion Box!
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  3. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

simulator/postbit integration

Discussion in 'The Suggestion Box' started by Swaggersaurus, Oct 31, 2011.

1. Swaggersaurus

Swaggersaurus I DON'T NEED A MAN
    is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

HEY you know what would be cool

instead of people having their best or mostrecentasoflasttimetheycheckeditandupdated ladder ratings in their signatures, if we could find a way to hook this up to postbits somehow so it could be automated?

i just think the integration of sim and community would be cool esp now that we have our own sim in the works and lots of people seem to enjoy keeping track of this stuff so

ps is this even at all feasible
  2. Firestorm

Firestorm I did my best, I have no regrets!
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Smogon Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

It was until we drove Cathy insane and she quit.
  3. Tomahawk

Tomahawk Fuck you, pay me
    is a Team Rater Alumnus
    Mentor

I think people want their ladder peak in their sig, not their current ladder ranking.
  4. Pwnemon

Pwnemon Switching is a metagame trend
    is a Tutoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributor
    Doubles Co-Lead

It could be interactive; i.e. the sim checks the script in the sig to see which number is higher and only replaces it if it would be a larger peak.
  5. jumpluff

jumpluff princess
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Site Staff Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

I think the easier way would simply to be store each user's peak...
  6. Oglemi

Oglemi berlin,,, pls
    is a Tournament Directoris a member of the Site Staffis a Community Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris an Administratoris a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
    C&C Leader

Haven't you figured out yet that aesoft is just a Cathy alt?

Anyway, I actually agree with az that this could be kinda cool if it could be worked out.
  7. Antar

Antar Self-anointed Czar of LC UU
    is a Battle Server Administratoris a Programmeris a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributor
    Official Data Miner

Point of fact: ratings--but not rankings--are stored in a sql database (I assume the PO server recalculates rankings every time you pull up the list).

That being said, if anyone figures out a way to make this work, I'd be more than happy to implement it.
  8. Matthew

Matthew I love weather; Sun for days
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Damn PL was a pretty sweet sim....

Anyway yeah that would be a neat addition -- but I must disagree with peaks being recorded. It should be a current standing of who is #1 and such.
  9. Fried Rhys

Fried Rhys

this could also provide incentive for people to ladder again with the removal of suspect testing!
  10. VN.

VN. h a d r i a n +
    is a Team Rater Alumnus

It could be used as a postbit field that you fill in, like with Location/Custom Titles, although then it would most likely have to be restricted to one specific peak, but at least you'd get to choose what goes there. Although if feasible, the suggestion in the op is definitely superior to this.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)