simulator/postbit integration

az

toddmoding
is a Community Contributoris an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
HEY you know what would be cool

instead of people having their best or mostrecentasoflasttimetheycheckeditandupdated ladder ratings in their signatures, if we could find a way to hook this up to postbits somehow so it could be automated?

i just think the integration of sim and community would be cool esp now that we have our own sim in the works and lots of people seem to enjoy keeping track of this stuff so

ps is this even at all feasible

Stratos

Banned deucer.
It could be interactive; i.e. the sim checks the script in the sig to see which number is higher and only replaces it if it would be a larger peak.

Point of fact: ratings--but not rankings--are stored in a sql database (I assume the PO server recalculates rankings every time you pull up the list).

That being said, if anyone figures out a way to make this work, I'd be more than happy to implement it.

Matthew

I love weather; Sun for days
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Damn PL was a pretty sweet sim....

Anyway yeah that would be a neat addition -- but I must disagree with peaks being recorded. It should be a current standing of who is #1 and such.

Honus

magna carta
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
It could be used as a postbit field that you fill in, like with Location/Custom Titles, although then it would most likely have to be restricted to one specific peak, but at least you'd get to choose what goes there. Although if feasible, the suggestion in the op is definitely superior to this.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)