1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Six Move Battling

Discussion in 'Other Metagames' started by Relados, Jul 29, 2012.

1. Direwolf12

Direwolf12

Contrary Serperior would be even more scary... Leaf-Storm, HP Fire, Dragon Pulse, Giga Drain, Rest, Sleep Talk... yikes he'd be a pain to take out
  2. Skill Swap

Skill Swap

actually i find something like forretress terribly broken

gyro ball
    rspin
    spikes
    t spikes
    volt switch
    pain split

sp def rachi also

wish
    protect
    iron head
    thunder/bslam
    fire punch
    stealth rock

not to mention blissey

stoss
    toxic
    ftrower
    softboiled
    stealth rock
    heal bell
  3. Sciztar

Sciztar

If GameFreak were to introduce 6 Move Battling, they would have to update everyone's BST. B/c some Pokemon are just to frail to take some the move set of certain Pokemon.
  4. Dusk209

Dusk209 No relation.
    is a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Although stall will have more options, keep in mind that every pokemon ever will be able to run tons of coverage moves, as well as moves that help disrupt stall like trick, taunt, etc. I don't think stall will get out of hand.
  5. KurashiDragon

KurashiDragon

Reuniclus: Psychic, Shadow Ball, Focus Blast, Recover, Calm Mind, Trick Room

And suddenly everything's right with the world. :D
  6. UltiMario

UltiMario

This is amazing.

Now Deo-D can have 6 Moveslot syndrome!
  7. Codraroll

Codraroll
    is a Community Contributor

Shadow Tag Chandelure (once released):

Chandelure @Choice Scarf
    - Trick
    - Calm Mind
    - Substitute
    - Acid Armor
    - Flamethrower
    - Shadow Ball

Basically, Trick your scarf onto an opponent setting up, should you come across one. Then proceed to invincibility, get a Sub up and sweep (or trick the scarf back first, if you like). At +6/+6/+6, very few things will hit your hard enough to break the Subs, and hopefully not hard enough to threaten you afterwards.

Amazing idea for a metagame, by the way!
  8. Zentrius

Zentrius

Why would you even use Acid Armor anyway? It's a terrible move in my opinion, and Heatran walls you pretty hard. I'd put Hidde Power Fight over it.
  9. VaporeonIce

VaporeonIce

Defense boosting moves are only terrible because they give your opponent free turns to set up, switch to something that smashes face on your other defensive stat, etc. In this case, Acid Armor is actually amazing; Chandelure doesn't have much trouble finding one opponent to set up Calm Minds against, but it's very vulnerable to being killed after it managed to set up (because it's not that fast, nor is it physically bulky). With Acid Armor, your opponent will have a tough time finding two Pokemon who can actually do enough damage to break the Sub and KO the un-subbed, 3/4 health Chandelure (assuming Trick didn't give it a Leftovers). So in this case, Chandelure would LOVE Acid Armor. The point about Heatran is a good one, though; I'd think you could actually drop Flamethrower for HP Fighting; 252/252+ Forretress, for instance, is always OHKO'd by +6 HP Fighting after Stealth Rock, as is Bulky Swords Dance Scizor and Specially Defensive Skarmory.
  10. Relados

Relados
    is a Battle Server Moderator

I'd like for people to try out lots of stuff in this battle style. I'm sure at least a couple of things will prove too powerful in their tier. Please post any results you might have.

I for one still hate Breloom in 4 move and 6 move.
  11. R7Rules

R7Rules

deoxys-s could now have stealth rock/ spikes/ taunt/ extremespeed/ reflect/ light screen
    infernape, lucario, techniloom and starmie would also be great
  12. Lee

Lee @ Thick Club
    is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Escavalier @ Choice Band
    - Megahorn
    - n/a
    - n/a
    - n/a
    - n/a
    - n/a

escavalier dgaf about your six moveslots
  13. Jcpdragonx

Jcpdragonx

Jirachi
    CM
    Wish
    Sub
    Water Pulse
    Thunder
    Grass Knot/Psyshock

That would be fun under rain
  14. R7Rules

R7Rules

Breloom@Life Orb
    Ability: Technician
    Moves:
    - Spore
    - Substitute
    - Swords Dance
    - Bullet Seed
    - Mach Punch
    - Stone Edge

This would destroy everything bar Toxicroak
    Teammates: Deoxys-S, Lucario, Infernape and Raikou (with VoltTurn), and Blissey
  15. Groombridge

Groombridge

Infernape @ LO/Expert Belt

- Fake Out/Taunt
    - U-turn
    - Close Combat
    - Fire Blast
    - Stealth Rock
    - Toxic

Swiss Army Ape: supports with SR, scouts with U-turn, poisons a bunch of its counters with Toxic, hits hard with its STABs and possibly breaks stall with Taunt. Tentacruel is about the only thing that can deal with all of its moves that comes to mind, but on a full team of 6MS pokes, you can find plenty of slots for EQ.

Mamoswine @ Leftovers

- Substitute
    - Ice Shard
    - Icicle Spear
    - Superpower
    - Earthquake
    - Stealth Rock

This is the Mamo I wish I could run. Sub Mamo is amazing, beating so many counters with a sub up. Add SR for utility and Superpower for more coverage (Rotom-W in particular), and you're golden. I think multi-purposing pokes with wide movepools will be the defining characteristic of this meta: no need to pick a support or offensive Gliscor - have both with SD/Taunt/Ice Fang/EQ/Acrobatics/Toxic!
  16. Electrolyte

Electrolyte I could hear the sirens sound
    is an official Team Rateris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Server Moderator
    Mentor

Pokemon with massive movepools such as Smeargle or Mew are definitely stronger in this tier. Taunt is also very much more useful; as 6 moveslots opens up room for non attacking moves when 4 or 5 moves are enough. It's also much harder to wall a few new pokemon, because they become much more diverse and have much more options. Double Dancing is now much more effective:
    Haxorus @ Lum Berry
    4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
    Jolly Nature
    ~Dragon Dance
    ~Swords Dance
    ~Outrage
    ~Dual Chop
    ~Earthquake
    ~Aqua Tail
    ~Superpower

No more 4MSS!
  17. Relados

Relados

Because of all the potential sweepers and sets, expect lots of red cards, roar and whirlwind.
  18. ThisMysteriousGuy

ThisMysteriousGuy

Oh my god Red Card Deoxys-D from that tourney

Deoxys-D (probably not 100% accurate or 100% effective, but it gives the general idea)
    Item: Red Card
    - Recover
    - Taunt
    - Seismic Toss
    - Recycle
    - Toxic
    - Spikes

God what a troll this was to face <__> The user kept recycling his Red Card and healing off damage, as well as damaging me, laying hazards and statusing. Whenever I attempted to attack him, I get phazed and take damage from hazards. It didn't last too long cause Deoxys-D isn't as bulky as it seems, but if someone played it just right it would be like a really bulky Prankster Riolu.
  19. SuperCharizardMaster

SuperCharizardMaster

Venusaur would love a mixed set of Giga drain/Sludge bomb/HP Fire/Growth/Earthquake/and Sleep powder.

Plus love the alakazam comic.
  20. Zentrius

Zentrius

You know what I'd love to see?

Volcarona
    Item: Life Orb
    - Quiver Dance
    - Bug Buzz
    - Fiery Dance
    - Giga Drain
    - Hidden Power Rock
    - Roost

This could be pretty awesome.
  21. Relados

Relados

I was sure that Deoxys-D was going to win on its own. I applaud the man who thought of that strategy.

Just goes to show that even with the more powerful sweepers, the stallers can still manage.
  22. CooltrainerAlan

CooltrainerAlan

Well, this metagame would be quite different from any other alternative metagames out there. I could Imagine it now.

How does this sound for Scizor?

Substitute
    Roost
    Swords Dance
    Bullet Punch
    Bug Bite
    Superpower

Seems pretty powerful.

Also, Baton Pass gets a lot more options and can pass different things. Something Like SD/Tail Glow/Agility/Bulk Up/Calm Mind/ Baton Pass Smeargle. seems kind of gimmicky though.
  23. VaporeonIce

VaporeonIce

Why would you use that Smeargle when there are strictly superior versions of three of the moves (Shift Gear > Agility, Coil > Bulk Up, Quiver Dance > Calm Mind), and none of them are as good as Shell Smash?
  24. CooltrainerAlan

CooltrainerAlan

I guess I wasn't thinking about the other boost moves. Good idea!
  25. shstakvchlvr

shstakvchlvr

I wonder if things like TormentTran could function here since it wouldn't have to choose between Toxic, Lava Plume, Taunt, Protect, Sub, and Torment.

Also could try TormentScor with the same set except for EQ over Lava Plume.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)