Skrelp

Punchshroom

FISHIOUS REND MEGA SHARPEDO
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
Squabbling aside, Skrelp is pretty cool. It's both strong and bulky, which means it'll definitely have a niche in LC. On top of that, it has room on its sets to run Toxic Spikes without having to sacrifice a precious moveslot because Water/Poison has really good coverage. This allows you to run something like Toxic Spikes / Water STAB / Sludge Bomb / coverage move of choice or additional Water STAB. With that last slot, Shadow Ball is probably better neutrally than Thunderbolt, as it allows you to nail Frillish as well as hit Ferroseed neutrally if you ever find yourself needing to finish it off. Thunderbolt would be nice for bulky Water-types, but I'm sure Adaptability Sludge Bomb does a good number to Staryu, and you can't hit Chinchou with Thunderbolt anyways.
Thunderbolt has the merit of hitting Tentacool and opposing Skrelp.

So this will probably surprises no one, but when I ran my usage stats scripts over a the partial month of November, Skrelp popped out in a very important way:

In Swirlix's moveset stats,
Code:
 +----------------------------------------+ 
 | Checks and Counters                    | 
 | Skrelp 59.589 (82.07±5.62)             |
 |	 (41.0% KOed / 41.1% switched out)| 
THAT'S IT. So, *statistically speaking* the only reliable check/counter for Swirlix is Skrelp.

Wow that is amazing as swirlix is ond of the top threats in the meta right now

So this will probably surprises no one, but when I ran my usage stats scripts over a the partial month of November, Skrelp popped out in a very important way:

In Swirlix's moveset stats,
Code:
| Checks and Counters                    |
| Skrelp 59.589 (82.07±5.62)             |
| (41.0% KOed / 41.1% switched out)|
THAT'S IT. So, *statistically speaking* the only reliable check/counter for Swirlix is Skrelp.

Expulso

Morse code, if I'm talking I'm clicking
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
That's exactly why I run a specially defensive Skrelp; it can take a Psychic at +0 with Eviolite and reliably OHKO back.

Expulso

Morse code, if I'm talking I'm clicking
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Skrelp @ Eviolite
Ability: Poison Touch
Level: 5
Modest Nature
EVs: 36 HP / 36 Def / 196 SpA / 196 SpD / 44 Spe
- Sludge Wave
- Dragon Pulse
- Surf
- Thunderbolt

Last edited:
Sludge wave allows you to hit chespin hard, while u cant hit it effectively with sludge bomb, shadow ball, thunderbolt and hydro pump

wait what the fuck how did that happen

| 135 | Chespin | 0.57043% | 1104 | 1.119% | 912 | 1.138% |

musta used ou stats

shut up im dumb :c

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)