1. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

BW OU Sloop John B - ST8 team

Discussion in 'RMT Archive' started by Snunch, Mar 10, 2012.

1. eriados

eriados

I remember beating this team once but I got damn lucky. Great team, and NP Mew is a force to be reckoned with.
  2. Premier8

Premier8

First of all congrats on the ST8 win. You obviously know what your doing so feel free to completely disregard my suggestion which is to replace Virizion with a standard bulk up Breloom. It puts a stop to Rotom-W which could otherwise destroy your team, as well as preventing rain stall from toxicing you and stalling you out to put you into KO range for revenge killers. Overall though great team and once again congrats.
  3. BIHI

BIHI

Congratz Snunch. I can see some problem here and here but Go10 mentionned all of them. Looking forward an answer because i'm wondering how you handle them.

4. Ojama

Ojama Are you watching closely...
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis Smogon Frontier's Palace Mavenis the Smogon Tour Season 15 Champion

Are you guys avoiding go10's post ? ^^
  5. Snunch

Snunch
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnuswon the 8th Official Smogon Tournament

That seems really solid, I'll try it out, thanks.

SD LO is worn down very quickly by recoil + tspikes, and I can always bail myself out with Sturdy Forretress. Not sure how Psyshock Mew would lure Latios in, I understand CM Latias though, but the Conk weakness it would create is not worth it. Ice Beam Mew beats CM Latias if Latias switches in on NP, so I'd rather try that than Psyshock.

I also run some speed creep on Tran but I took it out for this RMT.

I'll try out Ice Beam instead of Shadow Ball because they both hit Lati@s but Ice Beam also hits Gliscor and Dragonite. Mew and Reuniclus aren't big enough issues to use Shadow Ball.

Forretress can take a +2 EQ even with Life Orb. I'll try out Bluewind's Specially Defensive Rotom-W suggestion for this as well because I dont think you need a lot of defense to survive +2 Stone Edge anyway.

Rotom-W isn't a weakness in practice, my pokemon have the bulk to take super effective hits from it and my opponent really needs to constantly predict correctly for Rotom-W to do much damage. Breloom over Virizion is interesting but I really need the speed that Virizion offers to outspeed everything from Heatran to Hydreigon, and Mach Punch Breloom is too weak.

@ French - if you guys have suggestions please post them.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)