Smocon '11: European Edition

That being the case it doesn't make much sense for you to come to mine. Sucks but it's my nan's 80th birthday so I won't be around on the Saturday night. I guess you'll be back in London for the weekend of 26/27th? If you are then I can make myself available and also try and set you up with one of my gfs mates who needs a 'getting over her ex' shag

shade

be sharp, say nowt
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
22nds looking like the best day i can make it down to london (with nilf probs), anyone gonna be there then?

McGrrr

Facetious
is a Contributor Alumnus
Open to dinner on almost any weekday. Not free Friday nights/weekends. Will be a party pooper regardless, because some people have work in the morning.

I suggest Wahaca in Soho for great fun & value for money, followed by half price frozen yoghurt happy hour (8pm) at Yuforia.

Lee

@ Thick Club
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
might just wanna stay clear of London altogether haha...or Tottenham at the very least!

Lee

@ Thick Club
i dunno, i just saw your link on facebook cookie and it looks like somebody has erected a load of bright orange teepees all over London.

i might actually come to the London meetup after all so I can nab myself a TV YEAH

url for those who don't know what i'm going on about - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-14455089

Yeah it's looking pretty sketchy around the capital at the moment. I'm still down for drinks or travelling or whatever we end up doing, PM me for my mob number nearer the time.

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Thanks, I was at work all day and was planning on bumping this today anyway!

So yeah, Fish and I will be getting into Heathrow Saturday morning. I know it's early, so we won't mind waiting, but is anyone able to pick us up? I know someone (Dan Dan?) offered, is that still on the table?

Loose plan: we really need to get everyone together that first Saturday. It's a weekend, so people who aren't in the area shouldn't have a problem taking a train in to visit for the night or whatever. We can always grab a hotel room and split the costs between whoever needs to stay, it's super cheap that way.

We'll probably spend 2-3 days in the greater London area, depending on how much stuff there is to do and how many of you guys are available to hang out. After that, we'll head up to Scotland for a couple days and see if we can't have some real whisky and listen to the awesome brogues. (Okay, "brogue" is now my official label for Scottish bros.)

After that, we'll head over to Dublin for a couple days to visit Michael White and see the Guinness and Jameson factories (obviously). That will probably be Thursday and Friday nights. I don't know about Fish, but I fly out of London at 8am Sunday the 28th, so I have to be back there the day before.

Weigh in if you have any input/tips/floors to sleep on, or if you just want to say you're coming!

I don't [personally] know any of you but I live in London and so might may visit if I'm welcome.

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Okay everyone, I just updated the OP and put a bunch of information in. Please please PLEASE post in here and tell me what your plans are so I know what to expect.

Also: our phones won't work over there. I'm assuming I can get some cheap prepaid phone to use, so I will need some numbers to get a hold of you guys, but if such phones can't be found/don't exist, how should we get in touch with you? Smogon PMs? Facebook messaging/chat?

I am still planning on coming down for the Saturday daytime but I can't stick around for Saturday night.

I am also back at Heathrow dropping some kittens off at the animal quarantiney flighty centre thing at lunchtime so will be around then, but probably frazzled and only interested in food or going home >:]

az

toddmoding
is a Community Contributoris an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
hi dm, various things are going to make various elements of this complicated for me, but i am determined to make either london or glasgow work -- chances are i can't do both

just a heads-up!!

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
as if I give a FUCK

(but really I do, I hope your brogue is okay and what the fuck why aren't we invited to the party)

okay we finalized some more crap, namely we booked a ferry to Dublin Thursday afternoon and the return trip Saturday morning. PLANS

Lee

@ Thick Club
gonna try and make Glasgow on Tuesday but won't know for certain till Monday night because that's when my wages are due and if they're late i'm fucked. gonna be very last minute but i'm hopeful. can we go here, i've always wanted to go there.

az

toddmoding
is a Community Contributoris an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
never been but i musth ave literally been right outside it today at a letting agents

sounds good!!

(also ty dm idk what the deal is yet but yeah fuck jesus)

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
Okay we are currently at Heathrow getting a car, spent the whole day with Jenova and her man yesterday. Heading north to Stoke-on-Trent today, spending the night there, then doing Manchester tomorrow day/night.

Scottish/Glasgow dudes: we plan on being there sometime Tuesday and spending a couple nights, maybe taking a day trip to Edinburgh as well.

EVERYONE: We have a phone for the week. 07758 894222, hit us up and let us know who you are so we have your number.

IF YOU DON'T HANG OUT WITH US YOU ARE A SUCKY FUCK.

az

toddmoding
i sent you guys a text on that number this morning so that you have mine, let me know what you're doing re: glasgow and edinburgh etc!!

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
Okay we are currently at Heathrow getting a car, spent the whole day with Jenova and her man yesterday. Heading north to Stoke-on-Trent today, spending the night there, then doing Manchester tomorrow day/night.

Scottish/Glasgow dudes: we plan on being there sometime Tuesday and spending a couple nights, maybe taking a day trip to Edinburgh as well.

EVERYONE: We have a phone for the week. 07758 894222, hit us up and let us know who you are so we have your number.

IF YOU DON'T HANG OUT WITH US YOU ARE A SUCKY FUCK.
okay our number is actually 07758 894422, the card I was reading from lied. we're coming up to Glasgow tomorrow, hit us up

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)