CAP 2 Smogon "Create a Pokemon" Part Deux: Poll 1a

What should the base type of our new Pokemon be?

• Ghost

Votes: 86 41.1%
  • Fire

Votes: 32 15.3%
  • Grass

Votes: 74 35.4%
  • Dark

Votes: 17 8.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Unlike everyone else lobbying for what they chose, i'm not going to do that. But can you tell me how ghosts are boring? They have some of the best concepts. The designs for Ghosts are really good and normally turn out awsome.

Bull of Heaven

NO. don't let ghost be an option. people are just gonna vote for ghost/normal or ghost/steel and then give it levitate and broken stats and make it even more broken than scyclant.
Look, not all of us want a Ghost so that we can "break" it. I personally just want to have a Ghost/Fire or Ghost/Ground pokemon. If enough people want Ghost to win, it will. You can't expect Hyra to leave it off of the polls.

By the way, I'll gladly vote for Grass or something next time, but I want to see a new Ghost first.

Ghost would be extremely broken being Ghost/Steel with Levitate. But thats the only broken case I can see, other than a broken moveset, but any type can be given a broken moveset.

Ghost would be extremely broken being Ghost/Steel with Levitate. But thats the only broken case I can see, other than a broken moveset, but any type can be given a broken moveset.
And then there's a Ghost/Normal Blissey mirror which is immune to Fighting and the Ghost/Fight with Scrappy that can hit everything neutral including Ghost/Normal because of Scrappy.

But we already said that Ghost/Steel will never going to have Levitate and/or Heatproof so that dream of it having only one weakness is out and I actually like it to be an bulky sweeper. Ghost/Fighting already hit everything neutral and most likely have something for that fabled Ghost/Normal so it doesn't need no freaking Scappy. Ghost/Normal there's no way that conpect will ever fly far.

I said Ghost, because it allows for the most variety out of the four available types with 9 undone combos (Fire sucks).

I'd just love to see a Ghost/Fighting or Ghost/Water Pokemon. It would just own so hard.

Bull of Heaven

Like I said before, there's nothing wrong with Ghost/Steel itself. A Ghost/Steel flying ubertank is broken, but it doesn't have to be one of those. A Ghost/Steel sweeper is believable (suit of armor). Who says it has to be built defensively at all?

Ghost/Fighting and Ghost/Normal do scare me a little, though. Both are popular ideas that can "fly as far" as they want. If one of those wins, Hyra or someone will just have to decide what it can be allowed to do.

Yeah, but if Ghost/Steel or Ghost/Normal win, we would definatly not give levitate and Scrappy respectivly. Right?
Yeah, I would be there limiting it. Oh, just because I thought of this. Role poll will be done a little different two, if just so that we can have more options. First poll will simply be Offensive, Defensive, or Support. The winner of that one will go into a more specialized poll, with options like fast physical sweeper, slow mixed sweeper, bulky special sweeper. It allows us to be more specific early on, but Support doesn't seem to have a lot of options.

Like I said before, there's nothing wrong with Ghost/Steel itself. A Ghost/Steel flying ubertank is broken, but it doesn't have to be one of those. A Ghost/Steel sweeper is believable (suit of armor). Who says it has to be built defensively at all?

Ghost/Fighting and Ghost/Normal do scare me a little, though. Both are popular ideas that can "fly as far" as they want. If one of those wins, Hyra or someone will just have to decide what it can be allowed to do.
Like Al in Full Metal Alchemist.

Ghost is not boring. Possessed suit of armor, vengeful puppet, dead fishy, haunted trees, jack-o-lantern, deceased martial arts expert, etc.

(voted for ghost)

Damn it, mine are always losing! That's what I get for not looking at poll options before I vote. Or reading all the posts. But I will at some point.

Voted Dark, because they're horribly underrepresented and I'd like to see a good OU Dark pokemon not named Tyranitar. But if I had seen I'd never win, I'd have voted Grass.

Well, I wanted a Psychic/Dark, but I can see that there's no chance of that getting off the ground. Dark is in last and Psychic had so few votes last poll. Ah well.

Actually, I kept going back and forth between Ghost and Grass. I've seen a lot of interesting ideas for each in here, so it was tough to pick one. Grass/Electric reminds me of Wire Sponge from Mega Man X2, and and Grass/Fire would be fun to design. But the Ghost types are really appealing too. I think what stood out to me most was the idea of a Ghost/Steel suit of armor. In the end I voted for Ghost. But I'd be happy with Grass winning as well.

Dragontamer made me realize how evil a Ghost/Normal would be. Also I'd love to see another viable, OU material Grass sweeper. Give my favorite type some love!

A grass/ghost pokemon sends shivers down my spine. Today I was thinking of a grim dex entry for it.

"Celebi has stopped appearing; in it's place a grim and dreary pokemon looms over this world. Could this be a sign of what awaits us in the future?"

Karrot

plant
is a Past WCoP Champion
I'm still awaiting the entrance of a Grass/Fire; it is an amazing offensive typing that is not unstoppable.

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Has it ever occurred to the OMG GHOST/NORMAL WALL and OMG GHOST/STEEL WALL that they aren't the only ones allowed to vote on the secondary type?

Has it ever occurred to the OMG GHOST/NORMAL WALL and OMG GHOST/STEEL WALL that they aren't the only ones allowed to vote on the secondary type?
But they're the ones that will have the most votes. Unless of course we bandwagon against it and get everyone who doesn't like those three options to vote Grass/Ghost. Yah.... Ghost/freedom is a noob's dream.

voted ghost, but any new combination would be nice.

I suggest balancing good typing with poor movepool/ability/base stats (kind of like what we attempted to do with syclant)

when ghost steel with levitate wins, give it a crap bst

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)