CAP 2 Smogon "Create a Pokemon" Part Deux: Poll 1b

What should the base type of our new Pokemon be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ghost/Steel with Levitate has more resistances than Bronzong. End of story.

As much as i want to see a Grass/Fire, i might have to settle voting for Ghost/Fire :(

Gah... 3 hours left and ten more votes needed. Time to register some fake accounts (j/k).

Anyways, to keep the next poll from being overrun by Ghost/Steel/Levitate noobs, the tenth option will be listed as other. In the main post, I will say that other = Ghost/Steel, but there is no chance in hell of it getting Levitate. Hopefully, this will keep the random unintelligent votes from overrunning us.

Anyways, to keep the next poll from being overrun by Ghost/Steel/Levitate noobs, the tenth option will be listed as other. In the main post, I will say that other = Ghost/Steel, but there is no chance in hell of it getting Levitate. Hopefully, this will keep the random unintelligent votes from overrunning us.
Crafty Hyra, very crafty. But is that to say Ghost/Steel can't be a viable pokemon without Levitate?

yeah, ithink we can still make a ghost/steel but we wont give it levitate.
and hyra, thats a good idea. actually, theyre both good ideas.

Crafty Hyra, very crafty. But is that to say Ghost/Steel can't be a viable pokemon without Levitate?
It can be. I just don't want it to win on false pretenses and get flak for it later because people can't read. I'm trying to avoid what happened to you with Mountaineer.

DougJustDoug

Knows the great enthusiasms
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Come on Hyra, we've all got to do our bit! Now lets start registermering!
I can see it now. You guys are going to collect a bunch of homeless people off the street, take them into an internet cafe, make them register on Smogon, and tell them, "Please click here and vote for grass. You like grass right?" Then you'll give them some pocket change and send them on their way.

Hmm... I need to remember that when the art polls begin....

Sunday

God Bless Nintys Incompetence :*)
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
It can be. I just don't want it to win on false pretenses and get flak for it later because people can't read. I'm trying to avoid what happened to you with Mountaineer.
It sounds good in the long run, but brace yourself for a whole lot of posts like:

Fucking NOOB said:
Waah! Why is there no Ghost Steel options! I Wants my Floaty Ghosty steely type!1!1!1
And then my replying with
Sunday said:
READ_THE_FUCKING_OP
An alternatire would be to make the tenth poll option something like "Ghost / Steel NO LEVITATE."

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hmm, Ghost looks like it will win.

Well, I for one will be pushing for Ghost/Psychic, cause damn, I want something that is Pursuit Bait, Gengar bait, Walled by Dark types, destroyed by other Ghosts.

All i ask in return is Aura Sphere, Taunt, and Thunder Wave.

Well, I for one will be pushing for Ghost/Psychic, cause damn, I want something that is Pursuit Bait, Gengar bait, Walled by Dark types, destroyed by other Ghosts.

And faster than Deoxys E right?

lol... The Ghost/Steel NO LEVITATE option seems good. Unfortunately, I can't decide who votes unless I do a text poll, which is kind of pointless for something as opinionated as typing. Anyways, Adamant Torterra, you were there not too long ago.

Lol Doug, your style would probably be great for a Grass Pokemon. Too bad ghost is winning. I just like the overall flavor of a Grass Pokemon more. Go Flaming Chili Pepper vine monster.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king

Rofl, I love you.

And yeah, Ghost/Psychic is an interesting type too. Grass/Steel (Fire...) might not win anymore, but I have an idea for a Ghost/Psychic too... Like Feebas, the pre-evo evolves with max [Contest Stat], probably Smartness, has high Sp. Attack and Speed, average HP and...

Lol, Alakazam.

I want a flaming chili pepper so bad (it was my idea originally btw). It would be so awesome. I remember someone had a dancing chili pepper avatar at some point, now imagine that, but on fire XD.

Edit: Also, I was pretty much a newb at 50 anyways.

Lets not do a Syclant and give this thing a 4X pursuit weakness XD
Anything that isn't Ghost/Steel or a Dusknoir-ish pokemon is going to die to Pursuit on the switch anyway. Just look at Gengar.

We could give it an ability that makes it so it doesn't take damage from pursuit
[/sarcasm]
Safety Switch
[DESCRIPTION] Doesn't take damage upon switching out
[LONGER DESCRIPTION] Suck it, Weavile

im with sunday saying we shouldnt make this guy 4X weak to a common move. cuz that would make its counters any guy that gets pursuit.

EDIT:
lol, its ability could be retreat.
and its description would be like what cooper said. especially the longer description.

Grass Fire!! Cmon, I feel so bad for Carnivine, a fire/grass evolution for it would rock. Flare Blitz and Power Whip would be so broken! Toss Flash Fire on there, and it'd rock... the SR weakness would be kinda nasty though.

yeah lets just eliminate the one thing to counter it? ghost doesnt need a broken stat combination.

grass/ghost is definately our best choice, C'mon. there is no grass ghost and im sure anyone can think of a good grass/ghost. the general feel of it is great. we could make it physical. it would run leaf blade and it would get a new high base power physical ghost move. =0!!!one!! we must put grass on the poll for the second type

those are all votes expecting that the ghost will be a ghost/fighting or a ghost/steel with levitate D:
Not all. I personally read Hyra's posts about it not getting fucking leviate/heatproof if Ghost/Steel won and said many times that it should be an bulky sweeper of some kind. Ghost/Fighting would be simliar in to Ghost/Steel in terms of being an bulky sweeper. Not sure how bulky people would want it but 80/110/90 would be quite decent for it.

Ghost/Steel with Levitate has more resistances than Bronzong. End of story.

As much as i want to see a Grass/Fire, i might have to settle voting for Ghost/Fire :(
dammit I'm tired of hearing this, who really gives a shit if it has more resistances that doesn't equal better defences for all we know if might get above average defences at best (like spiritomb) and some shit offences (like cresselia). magnezone has more defences than everything in the game including fake types and nobody gives a shit.

There's nothing wrong with making ghost/steel with levitate as long as we prevent it's movepool and stats from being too broken.

and guess what walls do? they wall shit. they're not supposed to be pushovers that go down in 2-3 hits.

Sunday

God Bless Nintys Incompetence :*)
I'm with Gothic on that one. Bulky Sweeper seems about right to me. But don't make the Def all that high. Remember Bronzong manages to tank with around 60 / 110 / 110 stats.

Grass Fire!! Cmon, I feel so bad for Carnivine, a fire/grass evolution for it would rock. Flare Blitz and Power Whip would be so broken! Toss Flash Fire on there, and it'd rock... the SR weakness would be kinda nasty though.
Sunflora would like to rip your head off and shove it up your ass for that post. Come to think of it, so would I. ._.

I want my physical Ghost sweeper (aka Banette evo).

Lord_Sunday~ 67/116/116 actually but your score is about the same oh and about the defense, I somewhat modeled an base stat spread after Meta but lower the defense and attack by like 20-25 points.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)