CAP 2 Smogon "Create a Pokemon" Part Deux: Poll 2a

What should the type of our new Pokemon be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fact: My choice is losing with no chance of a comeback, I don't like Ghost/Grass, and futuresuperstar already did a thing for Ghost/Fighting.
Fact: Yes, I'm bored.

do you guys have to take polls to see which hand you wipe your arse with seriously.

Why the need for 702 different polls whichever ghost dual typing won in the first poll should be the winner. Why are you narrowing down the options just because some people are sulking because their favourite didn't win.

Fact: You hurt my feeling, big meanie :pirate:
Fact: I'm sorry.

So when I thought Ghost/Fire was going to win (lol). I drew this and inked it on Photoshop. It didn't come out all shaded and whatnot (I don't have a program like Soy or JSC does, but I wish I did), but this is how I envisioned it:

Basically a floating fireball with hands made of fire. Here's the dex entry I thought of:

"This POKEMON is born when the fire on the end of the tail of a CHARMANDER goes out. It is said that the fire this pokemon produces is hot enough to melt even REGICE.

Why the need for 702 different polls whichever ghost dual typing won in the first poll should be the winner. It should have been selected not narrowing down the options just because some people are sulking their favourite didn't win.
Oh geez, guys, I think he's right. Seriously, why would we want to be sure everyone's satisfied when we could just do surface-level polls? I mean, look at Ghost/Fire this round. People obviously aren't voting for it because they're sulking.

So what about all those people who wasted/used a vote in the first round of polls for there favourite typing, to see it win. Then because some people start bitching that type didn't really win and their type loses. I bet they are not satisified.

So what about all those people who wasted/used a vote in the first round of polls for there favourite typing, to see it win. Then because some people start bitching that type didn't really win and their type loses. I bet they are not satisified.
Out of 10 types, it's only logical to then reduce the options to see who the real winner is. Say these are the votes for a given poll:

A - 10
B - 9
C - 8
D - 7
E - 6
F - 5

Of course the people who voted for A are going to be happy, but what about the people who voted for B and C? Their selections only lost by a few votes. So then a new poll is made to make sure the final selection is absolute:

A - 10
B - 9
C - 26

Everyone who voted for D, E, and F decided to vote for C this round. I know this example is a bit extreme, but poll systems like this allow for the 50 some people who voted for losing options to get a say in the final product. If Hyra merely picked the top vote from all the 10 entries in the Ghost typing round, I'm sure quite a lot of people would be upset.

Is this it, or is there 1 more?
If one more, may as well go now between Fight and Grass.

If not, then YAY end it now so fighting wins!

And I totally agree with Cooper, my Ghost/Psychic lost out, so now I still have a part because my second choice is still in it.

I really don't think we need a poll 2b but I have a feeling Hyra will make one anyway.

I'm glad ghost/fight won in the end if we don't have poll 2b.

I pray to God he doesn't, we really don't need a third or fourth type poll before we move on to the role poll. I mean one more poll isn't going to help.
He probably will though. The margin of win for Ghost/Fighting is one vote, and therefore inconclusive. But I have a feeling it ill win again. I personally will be leading the Ghost/Normal people forward to Ghost/Fight, which is almost as good. But Ghost/Normal was still the best typing defensively.

He probably will though. The margin of win for Ghost/Fighting is one vote, and therefore inconclusive. But I have a feeling it ill win again. I personally will be leading the Ghost/Normal people forward to Ghost/Fight, which is almost as good. But Ghost/Normal was still the best typing defensively.
QFT. Were in this together brother.

Lorak

*leekspin*
is an Artist Alumnus
I was a factor in that one vote. Saved mine for the last 15 minutes. Didn't want to telegraph it. :D

Sunday

God Bless Nintys Incompetence :*)
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Out of 10 types, it's only logical to then reduce the options to see who the real winner is. Say these are the votes for a given poll:

A - 10
B - 9
C - 8
D - 7
E - 6
F - 5

Of course the people who voted for A are going to be happy, but what about the people who voted for B and C? Their selections only lost by a few votes. So then a new poll is made to make sure the final selection is absolute:

A - 10
B - 9
C - 26

Everyone who voted for D, E, and F decided to vote for C this round. I know this example is a bit extreme, but poll systems like this allow for the 50 some people who voted for losing options to get a say in the final product. If Hyra merely picked the top vote from all the 10 entries in the Ghost typing round, I'm sure quite a lot of people would be upset.

You know how we should have done this? We should have had a preferential bolded vote! Everyone lists their order of preference for every option and bolds it, then we do like they do at the elections, count up the first votes until one type is eliminated, then the second votes from the type that got eliminated are added to whatever type they are, then we eliminate another and so on and so forth. This would take a lot of counting but I would ahve been willing to do it. It's a bit late now but oh well, maybe next time? Or we could do it for the abilitys!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)