CAP 2 Smogon "Create a Pokemon" Part Deux: Poll 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
balanced like Kingdra, Porygon2, etc. Whatever this turns out to be has great offensive AND great defensive typing, so we can accentuate that by giving it decent attacking stats (not great) and above-average defenses, even if we must forego speed.

I would say defensive, because it wouldn't be too hard to make this thing ridiculously strong with offensive typing and the STAB fighting/ghost combo. Either way, it has interesting typing for defensive and a stealth rock resistance.

Balanced with 525 BST max.

I don't remember, are we doing a new poke or an existing evo?

80 HP
90 ATK
80 DEF
80 SPD
105 SpAtk
90 SpDef

We're going to need another poll or two to decide what kind of 'balanced' this is going to be. Swampert is balanced, but then again so is something with a Garchomp distribution.

EDIT: 525 sets it up for Banette evo! :D

I'll go with balanced. I would only vote for defensive if we'd picked Ghost/Normal (which had a handy immunity to the Ghost/Fighting attack combo). Maybe a little more variant than say, Kingdra or Celebi, but not an imbalanced sweeper type like Syclant. Something a little bulky, but still an offensive threat.

We're going to need another poll or two to decide what kind of 'balanced' this is going to be. Swampert is balanced, but then again so is something with a Garchomp distribution.

EDIT: 525 sets it up for Banette evo! :D
I thought we already decided that this was going to be a new pokemon. and there's no way in hell banette is balanced (no defences, speed, or sp atk) so I can't see an evo being balanced.

balanced will promote diversity and give this fellow a bit of options other than sweeper or tank/wall. With the plethora of status moves associated with ghost types and the power from fighting, I see this pokemon as an all-around flexible fighter.

balanced to me seems to mean that the poke can fit many roles. It can be more offensive, like the cb swampert set or more of a tank like hippowdon. Gallade has acceptable defenses and can status, thus letting him be balanced as well.

Didn't "We" vote against make this evo,"We" vote for new poke.If "everyone" want a Banette evo "We" would have voted for it in the first poll.

Offensive

Something like 40/135/65/135/15/135
That should make it broken enough.

(The stats are a joke, but my actual vote is still offensive)

Bull of Heaven

everyone just wants a bannette evo instead.
If everyone wanted a Banette evo, we would have all voted for one, we would not have gone through about six polls to decide its type, and we would be creating the evo now.

Offensive Physical Ghost

The only pokemon that we completely lack in the metagame is a good offensive physical ghost. Banette sucks and the Dusknoir is meant to be a physical wall/tank. We need something that is not necessarily strong defensively or balanced, but has great attack and speed.

60hp/115atk/65def/85SpA/70SpD/125Spe is a good stat spread, since it is ghost and therefore has virtually no hp, and low defenses to make up for it's very good typing.

Not to mention a fast fighting pokemon is what we all want, we are still rather lacking in this department. (Infernape doesn't cut it, most people forget he's also fighting)

yea but everyone knows, everyone just wants a bannette evo instead.
What happened was this: There was some good discussion in the "New poke or evo?" thread going on about a Banette evo, then someone suggested a nice-looking design that a Ghost/Fighting pokemon could look like. Then, suddenly, the conversation switched to bad jokes and ideas so bad they might as well have been jokes, and Hyra said "Screw this, we're doing a new pokemon". Then FSS posted his "Why ghost/fight would be great" article, and everyone suddenly got stoked for Ghost/Fighting, and now we're right here. Personally I think a "okay, we're doing ghost/fighting, should it be new or an evo?" poll would be nice (and might actually be a better structure for future "create a pokemon" topics), but we did decide in the first topic that we were doing a new pokemon, so I can understand why that wouldn't happen.

Anyways, as for the current poll, I hold to my previous statement - we're lacking a good physical offensive ghost, but we've already got Dusknoir and Spiritomb for walling purposes and a multitude of special ghosts. As long as it's defenses aren't awful it'll still function as a good Heracross counter (immune to CC, 4x resist Megahorn, 2x resist Stone Edge, neutral to Night Slash), and it's not functioning as a TTar counter either way unless we give it Hippowdon-level defenses. Let's make something new instead of making what we've already got! Vote offensive! (that's not a vote, I've already voted)

That's because fighting is a bad defensive type and you'll only waste great type coverage and excellent offensive potential if you use fighting as a defensive pokemon.
fighting is a good defensive type with it's resistances to rock, dark, and bug. Then add fighting immunity into the mix with a part ghost typing. psychic and flying are rarely seen.

I'm going to go with Balanced. It's got normal & fighting immunity which will help it and I see it as like.. a more offensive version of Spiritomb.

I'd be willing to bet that that would be quite broken, if it had a good movepool. Great typing+good defenses+good speed to use the+good attacks+great STAB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)