CAP 2 Smogon "Create a Pokemon" Part Deux: Poll 6a

What should our new Pokemon look like?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm voting mummy. Marionette is far too similar to Banette to be new and interesting, and Doug's is just not Pokemon-ish.

I wish Sanglunaria's one had made it through. The mummy and that one were my favourites.

My design was more original than any of those ones.
A floating mummy with a face stoeln from a gidbo in zelda.

Another floating torso pokemon after about 50 other floating torsos (we already have enough floating torso ghosts)

And a evo for bannete, when it was clearly stated no evos.

Next time you create a pokemon please ask for the artwork before doing the base stats so all the art has a chance.

Anyway whos to say whether my one could be defensive or not. Just look at shuckle,Umbreon,Blissy,Torkoal,Uxie if I didnt already know thier base stats I would never see them as defensive

KoA

Sorry, I thought anteaters were real
is an Artist
bla bla complain whine rant
Honestly, you don't need to be all sore about how your entry didn't make the cut. :(

My design never made it last time around but it didn't discourage me. I went ahead and tried again this time around, deriving more inspirations for ideas and incorporating them well enough in paper form. Even if neither of my entries win, I'll be back at it next time as well.

There's still the spriting portion left to do. :)

Sunday

God Bless Nintys Incompetence :*)
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
I'm quite looking forward to the spriting myself. That and the moveset is one of the highpoints of the process, the last one was the typing polls.

Honestly, you don't need to be all sore about how your entry didn't make the cut. :(

My design never made it last time around but it didn't discourage me. I went ahead and tried again this time around, deriving more inspirations for ideas and incorporating them well enough in paper form. Even if neither of my entries win, I'll be back at it next time as well.
Yeah but my design didnt make it either time. And the first time was because they never said that they wouldnt accept sprites. And they keep making this bullshit claim that they didnt think that the statline would work with it. Thats why im sore.
Either ask for the sprite before the stats or see what other people think rather than useing your own very bad judgement.

eric the espeon

maybe I just misunderstood
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
hey earthworm and X-Act voted on our poll!

also cant dicide, all the ones i did not want to win, won. (exept vikings)

I vote the Mummy, the puppet poke looks better but mummy fits the stats better.Dry Skin fits it perfect because of mummy weakness to fire

I really don't see Dry Skin in the mummy at all. The "I get hurt more by fire" fits, but not regaining health from water attacks or rain, nor getting hurt in bright sunlight. It just doesn't fit.

One ability I'd like for the mummy is Synchronize. Being the mummy an spiteful spirit, it's only natural it will curse you with the same status you gave it, don't you think?

eric the espeon

maybe I just misunderstood
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I really don't see Dry Skin in the mummy at all. The "I get hurt more by fire" fits, but not regaining health from water attacks or rain, nor getting hurt in bright sunlight. It just doesn't fit.
the geting hurt in sunlight could work, its a creature of darkness. the water is a bit odd, but if its dehydrated then water could heal it?
i like this idea

One ability I'd like for the mummy is Synchronize. Being the mummy an spiteful spirit, it's only natural it will curse you with the same status you gave it, don't you think?
this could work well too

Sunday

God Bless Nintys Incompetence :*)
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
I'm a fan of Dry Skin and Syncronise but most of all Insomnia would be a cool choice, as FFS sugested.

I think an Insomnia mummy makes a lot of sense.

I'm not too bitter that my Pokes didn't get through, I'm just sort of sad at what did make it through. Nothing matches up to the stats (imo) and nothing looks like a Pokemon (again imo). It feels like two whole voting slots were wasted by even including the Banette evo and the fencer, neither of which fit the decided stats in the slightest, and in that sense the polls feel rather... ...er... ...hax.
It's all too easy to dismiss legitimate, level-headed criticism as 'bla bla complain whine rant', and there has been plenty of that rubbish. It's only a testament to the massive egos of some of the organisers and participants if perceived problems with the voting system and "executive decisions" cannot be discussed.

Sure, we're moving on with the Pokemon all the same, and we don't want a flame war, but we don't want to freeze every objection out either.

Guys, really. Think about it a little.

Mummy: Doesn't really fit ghost/fighting typing, it's more like Ghost/Dark or even Ghost (Soul bit inside)/Normal (bandages on the outside). Mummies are very frail and can't really take hits very well. Doesn't fit the stats at all.

Bannette-Evo: Looks way too frail. Also doesn't have too much of fighting, but for sure is acceptable when it comes to typing

Djinn: Bulky and strong. Muscles indicate that it's quite bulky, also wears knuckles, which are obviously used for fighting. IMHO the best design. VOTE IT NOW!

djiin fit the stats way more than anyone else. i guess everyone just cares about how 'cool' a pokemon looks?

lemme just say that... MUMMIES dont do karate, and they certainly don't take hits.

I like the djinn because it looks spiritual enough to have high sp.df stat. It looks slow thanks to those shackle things and those shackles provide decent base 90 df. This is mostly why i voted djinn.

EDIT: lol, I didn't see any of the posts before this, and now that I do, we all had the same opinion.

Going with Djinn. I love all of them, but the Banette evo is just too much of a.. Banette evo. Nothing new I guess. I wouldn't mind if the mummy won.

There's been a lot of good suggestions for the abilities. I'd like to add Limber and Shed Skin for the mummy and Huge Power (lets not, but it fits him), Reckless, Rivalry and Soundproof for the Djinn.

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Guys, really. Think about it a little.

Mummy: Doesn't really fit ghost/fighting typing, it's more like Ghost/Dark or even Ghost (Soul bit inside)/Normal (bandages on the outside). Mummies are very frail and can't really take hits very well. Doesn't fit the stats at all.
This Mummy does not take hits well >_>

Bannette-Evo: Looks way too frail. Also doesn't have too much of fighting, but for sure is acceptable when it comes to typing

This isn't a Banette evo to begin with, although the evo is cool.

Djinn: Bulky and strong. Muscles indicate that it's quite bulky, also wears knuckles, which are obviously used for fighting. IMHO the best design. VOTE IT NOW!

Not that there's anything wrong with these designs >_> Altrough we already have a Mummy and a Djinn pokemon. In the same evolution line no less LOL.

I like dry skin on the mummy. It gives it yet another type to switch in on, so it might be a balence issue.

Edit: Mummies do do karate if you look at dusclops's movepool (elemental punches, rock smash, shadow punch, focus punch, brick break)

I know it hasn't won yet, and hopefully this won't influence the results, but I couldn't resist doing a draft sprite of the mummy. I found it hard not to make it look like Dusclops. I like it even less now.

EDIT:

Reversed the colours out of frustration. Damn. My spriting is incredibly rusty. :S

Tried different bands, and this one looks least like Dusclops...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)