Smogon Premier League: Doubles discussion

ryo yamada2001

ryo yamada2001
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
im really hyped for this season, everyone went around for good amounts and everyone ended up in a good team. especially impressed by the tigers with their overall draft. also you shouldnt forget mizuhime with the BIGs. good luck everyone in spl, im really looking forward to it! n__n

qsns

is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
VGCPL Champion
Checkmater (ruiners) vs Braverius/Stathakis (wolfpack)
kamikaze (cryos) vs Biosci (scooters)
Arcticblast (classiest) vs KyleCole (falcons)
TFC (sharks) vs qsns/majorbowman (tigers)
Laga/Mizu (bigs) vs BLOOD TOTEM (raiders)

any matches you guys are looking forward to for week 1? arctic vs kyle looks to be the HL match of week 1 to me, but all of the matches look pretty fun.

I'm looking forward to your match qsns because you're qsns. Also Totem vs Laga looks like a very enjoyable game of Pokemon to watch. It's gonna be interesting to see who starts on the teams with more than 1 doubles main as well.

Checkmater (ruiners) vs Braverius/Stathakis (wolfpack)
Arcticblast (classiest) vs KyleCole (falcons) [In order for arctic to be carried again he has to lose, so this only makes sense]
TFC (sharks) vs qsns (tigers)
Laga (bigs) vs BLOOD TOTEM (raiders)

Checkmater (ruiners) vs Braverius/Stathakis (wolfpack) - I'm pretty sure neither of the Wolfpack players know the tier that well, so Check wins by default.
Arcticblast (classiest) vs KyleCole (falcons) - the CT legend will strike again
Laga/Mizu (bigs) vs BLOOD TOTEM (raiders) - HIGHLIGHT MATCH OF THE YEAR FOLKS

ryo yamada2001

ryo yamada2001
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Checkmater (ruiners) vs Braverius/Stathakis (wolfpack) - I'm pretty sure neither of the Wolfpack players know the tier that well, so Check wins by default.
Arcticblast (classiest) vs KyleCole (falcons) - the CT legend will strike again
Laga/Mizu (bigs) vs BLOOD TOTEM (raiders) - HIGHLIGHT MATCH OF THE YEAR FOLKS
I think you underestimate Braverius there, he has a lot of SPL experience, did pretty well last SPL as well, I thought his record was pretty good. Braverius will be a difficult matchup for checkmater, but I don't know about stathakis

n10siT

Hoopa can do anything!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Checkmater (ruiners) vs Braverius/Stathakis (wolfpack) zach v check will be very good, think zach takes it though, been here before
kamikaze (cryos) vs Biosci (scooters) wonder when the last time biosci played a doubles game before this month was (not a free win by any means tho)
Arcticblast (classiest) vs KyleCole (falcons) kylecole is literally the best doubles player alive
TFC (sharks) vs qsns/majorbowman (tigers) qsns too good rn, tfc will be able to compete for sure though
Laga/Mizu (bigs) vs BLOOD TOTEM (raiders) i know rei is good but on a scale of good to great i have no idea where he falls, i cant accurately place him like i can everyone else

- My Predicitons -
Checkmater (Ruiners) vs Braverius (Wolfpack): Even with Stratos definitely helping out Braverius, I'm confidant Checkmater is going to bring something special to his first SPL match and bring home the win with it.
kamikaze (Cryos) vs Biosci (Scooters): No idea who Biosci is to be honest, but he's in for a rude awakening from a great doubles player.
Arcticblast (Classiest) vs KyleCole (Falcons): KyleCole's on a roll, and I have go with the hot streak. Plus he's #GORGEOUS.
TFC (Sharks) vs qsns (Tigers): Gotta go with cutie in this case. I'm excited for his SPL debut, and I'm confidant he's got this wrapped up.
Laga (Bigs) vs BLOOD TOTEM (Raiders): As many good things as I've heard about Laga, I've never seen Totem play and build with the true intent to win before and I'm super excited to see him at his best.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)