Finals Smogon Premier League IX - Finals [Won by the Wi-Fi Wolfpack]

Status
Not open for further replies.

CTC

I COULD BE BANNED!
is a defending SPL Championis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
Big Chungus Winner
GOATNALYSIS
sorry4thew8 again but here it comes,,,,,,,,
FINALS GOATNALYSIS
SM OU

this game i analyzed the replay in the kong discord where the game's many twists and turns were hyped up, and boy did it live up to the hype. looking at mu i thimk tdk should win having the 4-6 edge, for one because gastro clef wall everything and he doesnt fear his gastro getting toxicd while abr does, that and the fact that hjk claims any time cham is in and pursuit is only doin mid 40s so it will be a 5050 to even kill medi after it claims a free one. actually a good thing that tang doest get burned cuz toxicing w clef later on plays a major part. ig abr goin for giga was justified cuz it does a dece amount to bold and he can fish for para, on top of the fact that giga into mb means he can giga/dian for free depending on para on the next turn. however one crucial mistake abr made was overlooking the fact that hes playng against TerriblyDefensiveKlicker who WILL klick the obvious play, so basically he gives rocks up for free. by turn 7 the situation is looking preeeetty fuckin bad for abr. what i dont get is on turn 8-9 why abr went torn on the gastro to defog but then decided against it and went back to diancie???? i mean i get trying to bounce toxic but if the torn had defog then toxic wasnt a big deal, chip + potential burn was just as good because its not spdef. on the other hand why the fuck would tdk ever not click a damaging move since gastro + clef walled everything, that diancie pivot was way more than hopeful. if torn wasnt defog then knock was the play and not hard diancie. if there are other reasons to explain the series of plays lmk cuz i rlly cant fathom it. diancie at the very least could force gastro to take chip and then even play the pursuit game on the sack, this risk was way bigger than the potential reward. i think if abr wanted any momentum he had to aggro on turn 13 and hard tran instead of useless giga because rocks is what he needs to win the game. im honestly surprised/disappointed that didnt come out, i mean it was such a free play (NOT EVEN CUZ ITS "IN RETROSPECT" it literally was free) the 2 giga switchins were clef and steela and i bet the souls of all orphans in the world that tdk will never in 200 years stay in w gastro. the tran double was freer than finch on a monday morning (thats an unemployment joke haha,,,, #hirefinch). the rocks were so free even shake had the balls to ask them if they wanted to hang out tonight. anyhow fast forward to t18 and abr has regained some momentum and got rocks up anyways, w diancie in on clef meaning he can start getting momentum. this switch into tornadus is possibly the worst play he couldv made i mean yes i get it u trynna heal up on the gastro but WHY not just fire one off i mean at the very least u get off 30-40% and force recover so u go torn ANYWAYS i mean u have rocks on the field and he doesnt, and in the case that tdk makes an absolutely atrocious play like staying in u can potentially INSTAwin the game by doin like high 50 w mb INCLUDIng POTENTIAL TO PARA!!!!!!!! sheesh i mean abr literally only predicts sets/plays that make sense and think that is the only play/set that can be made, which results in some very very overzealous overplays i mean i get that hes on the back foot here but me personally i would never not mb in a million years. ok turn 24 he predicted the clfe to stay in and mb again and loses this prediction, i mean this one ig u can say is a 5050 cuz gastro was kinda low, and i was actually praising tdk for going gastro as a good solid midground instead of celesteela. however i was told gastro hard walls diancie anwyays (untrue) because mb does about high 30s so the gastro would be in the low 40s, at the very least u force a recover and in the most aggro scenario u get weav in securely wo rocks and gamble on this play that can potentially win u the game right there. mb also puts clef in the low 30s so u can either A guarantee knock off the celes lefties or take clef out (knokc doesnt kill but only a LUNATIC recovers) while surviving on like 5% (mb never kills) so u can still pursuit the cham later and he cant get up rocks. if u rlly feel frisky u can pursuit and make clef useless and now u have tran gastro tang which wall EVERYTHING and a weavile to suit the cham. i mean the game wasnt gonna get any easier to win without either playing the weavile vs gastro or low clef, and this turn was THE best chance all game to gain game-winning momentum. However THIS part of speculation is one of those hindsight 2020 things where u wont have enough time to realize that ingame, so lets see how this plays out. turn 28 miss was HUGE tdk p much won right there because htats a kill at least and at most he wins 5050 kills weavile/switches out = gg or he loses the 5050 there hes still up 5-4 or whatever. another play i disagree with was the sd because lando was killin everything in 1 anyways. sd was very unnec and subbing on tang instead of sding on tang put on wayyyyy more pressure because now he cant just sack diancie because lant would still have a sub and access to fly, while subbing continuously alongside fly whittles tang even further. literally no reason to sd if this was z fly (unless this is zedge, in which case sd was ok) and even then nobody subs instead of eqs the next turn this is also one of those not even hindsight type plays, nobody doesnt eq cmon he was going to diancie harder than z0mog taking more than 5 seconds before clickign a move. in the bigger picture sub didnt change toooo much but i mean its free damage on urself. bop there it is u gor pursuited now u die to rocks. damn the balls on this guy tho, abrs double pursuit was a FIRE sequence keeping him alive. chip, sack, pursuit, nice nice, wow look at that, if he hadnt subbed earlier he coulda subbed on turn 40 and instawon the game (good double tho, but i guarantee zfly was still the play cuz abrs only chance was weavile, but then again 37.5% chance isnt low so eqing was no risk ig. IF this was zedge seeing as tdk sd'd earlier which leads me to believe it is zedge, then NOBODY eqs instead of edge here). tsk tsk they dont call him TerriblyDefensiveKlicker for nothin. another detail is if abr was REAL as shit he would knock instead of pursuit the cham cuz then clef wouldnt be able to get rocks for free, but idk prolly not worth it, hwoever me personally if i was playing tdk i knock faster than the mailman. i think abr also couldv gone tang on the rocks turn ig but that was also a balls out play, but then again not like he didnt double to tang in the next few turns which coulda been just as risky, coming to think of it the rocks turn was the safest and freest 33% for tang (but thats just nit picking). actually nah im wrong, its safer to double to tang on the turns that abr did double to tang cuz htis turn was too obvious and could backfire heavily. a few cool doubles later abr got rocks up, healed tang, and can now start chipping gastro. around turn 50 he starts playing perfectly even taunting steela to preserve pp and making the right plays to chip gastro and clef. taunt on turn 72 i agree with completely cuz gastro was half and kinda had to heal, i woulda done the same. up to this point its been nearly 20 turns of flawless outplay (take it w a grain of salt cuz tdk had room to give, but still impressive as shit). the taunt on turn 76 was as abr put it "a gut feeling", but damn that shit was heat. what a balls out play, cuz i would NEVER taunt there since objectively if u are magmad, attacking is better, and when u are in that state, u can attack and heal off the rocks damage. but then again it could also be interpreted as a true 5050, and abr just made the right read. turn 82 taunt was 5050 again, abr got this one right as well, damn its been waht 20-30 turns of str8 outplays :obamaphew: yet turn 84 TDK STILL REFUSES TO MAKE A PLAY DAMN BRUH TERRIBLE. DEFENSIVE. KLICKER. ofc when magma missed game was over, but that doesnt chnage the fact that the game was rlly good. id say abr was able to make a lot of the plays because tdk rlly didnt have to risk much, and abr basically needed to make every play right in the lategame to have won since he didnt make the diancie > weavile plays that i pointed out which owuldv been much easier/required fewer outplays. overall id say abr outplayed but tdks mu advantage plus abr's "overplaying" int he early mid game p much gave him an easy late game, this game's ending is a LOT less close than it seemed and shouldnt even have been close after that midgame, so props to abr for some fire reads late and tdk for being terrible and defensive and a klicker.
how many turns in a row tdk got outplayed: :swole::swole::swole::swole::swole::swole::swole::swole::swole::swole::swole::swole::swole::swole::swole::swole::swole::swole::swole::swole::swole::swole::swole::swole::swole::swole::swole::swole::swole::swole::swole::swole::swole::swole::swole::swole::swole::swole::swole::swole::swole::swole::swole::swole::swole::swole::swole::swole::swole::swole::swole::swole::swole::swole::swole::swole::swole::swole:
uh,,,,,
Turn 2
Gondra has 270 seconds left.
Trosk has 255 seconds left.

Trosk withdrew Altriblutar (Tapu Koko)!
Trosk sent out The Berry Man (Gastrodon-East)!

Sorrowless used Toxic!
The opposing The Berry Man was badly poisoned!
uh,,,,,,,
there were 2 plays that turn and it was zor or hoopa (zor cuz u put on so much pressure on eq/toxic which is wayyyyyyy more likely than scald, hoopa is if u think u can win within like 30 turns and u wanna claim a kill turn 3 tho its the worse play out of the two),,,,, ,,,
Turn 3
Trosk has 255 seconds left.
Trosk has 240 seconds left.

Sorrowless, come back!
Go! Soft Windflower (Tornadus-Therian)!

The opposing The Berry Man used Toxic!
Soft Windflower was badly poisoned!

The opposing The Berry Man restored a little HP using its Leftovers!
Soft Windflower was hurt by poison!
The opposing The Berry Man was hurt by poison!
uh,,,,,,,
uh,,,,,,,
uh,,,,
uh,,,,,,,
:blobthumbsup:
yea actually im just gonna breeze thru this game cuz its already lookin like the audition tape for dumb and dumber 3
damn gondra played SOOOOOO defensively and poorly i mean hey props to trosk volturning around and getting hoopa in at least, only took 19 turns haha xd,,,, however the flipside is HOW THE FUCK does gondra just let trosk volturn around when he had GASTRODON and fucking TORN FOR UTURN INTO HOOPA LIKE HOOPA SHOULDNT EVEN BE OUT UNLESS HE DOUBLES INTO GASTRO,,,,, also the ffang play i just dont understand in what scenario trosk would go zor on the maw when the tran exists. so u mean to tell me he had to not only predict maw to not sucker, but also predict it had focus punch, but also that it would use it, and not go tran? even then why wouldnt lant be the midground? no human would go zor on turn 20 no human. damn gondra continues to get pressured and a good double on trosks part to get hoopa in again, this time he ice punches to kill lant good play good play (tho who tf runs ip on hoopa). at this point its lookin over as shit. damn imagine torn didnt get toxd, u can p much knock, turn, and pivot forever on everything put koko. turn 53 trosk had the game won but alas, bads always get bailed out. after playing predictably and defensively all game literally not missing the beat of getting outplayed for a single turn, gondra ofc needs the miss to bail him out. i mean why wouldnt he zen, the damage is enough to where rocks lets zor beat tran, lmao this switch can only work if dude dodged damn hes so fuckin bad. but then again if torn didnt eat a toxic this game wouldnt have been down to dodging zen and burning. hwoever i just wanna say that trosk lost all steam in the endgame after the miss, i mean its not like u had to risk zor getting burned, and u literally just had to hard into hoopa from koko ONCE to regain all ur momentum of missing zen, alas the fuckin panic after 1 luck syndrome kicks in which sure enough confirms that these no clutch gene havin endgame panicky no gameplan clickin ass mfs are fraudulent and should not get the C and P personalities on my test (well abr & mine). what a dogshit game wow how does gondra even lose w that mu, u bring a breaker mega and sack it wo doin shit,,,, u have a gastro to stop volt and u have a torn to stop turn into hoopa, so literally hoopa can only come in on double into gastro or toxic on gastro (even then itll be on timer) so yea what a 6:4 mu (ESP SINCE TROSK TOSSED OUT GASTRO W TOXIC) tossed into the trashcan and then salvaged by luck. damn what a bad game
gondra's ability to make plays vs trosk's ability to not freak the fuck out when he had a chance still:
:pikuh: : :pikuh:
well this is gon be a one sided game if iv ever seen one. well, it looks like terrak can be banded but more likely scarfed, and if terrak is scarfed and zone is spex then mana w 2 lives is lookin reaaaaal sinister for kanto. pursuiting torn does literally nothing, why the fuck ever would u pursuit a mon w regen while having no rocks,,,, if anything u need to pursuit the ferro because thats at least chip for mana since +3 beam is doin barely half. hammer arm is literally the unplay, so out of the first 3 turns R!tardo has already lived up to his name. ok turn 8 isnt bad, trading rocks and knocked zone means mana can begin to put in work. however
Turn 10

R!cardo withdrew Keldeo!
R!cardo sent out Manaphy!
Pointed stones dug into the opposing Manaphy!

shaka brah used Thunderbolt!
It's super effective!
The opposing Manaphy lost 87% of its health!

The opposing Manaphy restored a little HP using its Leftovers!
yea ok lemme just go to my megabro and take potentially high 40 to hydro w no lefties, or torn and take 70 lmao ofc i need to save my scarfless zone what if the gross hammer arms twice and is at 40% then i can trap it!!!!!11111
damn this game is so fucking shit i actually am done
R!tardo clearly has no business participating in spl, please use ur slots wisely in future finals games so as not to have these atrocities take away would-be good games.
:pikuh: GOOD LORD HE GOES LANT TOO TURN 11 JESUS FUCK HOW DO U GET OUTPLAYED 10/11 TURNS TO START A GAME JUST UNINSTALL
damn this game is gona be the pinnacle of spl bw, i watched this replay w very high hopes and was not disappointed for the most part. looking at mu sw should win because scor pretty much beats everything, mienshao puts on a ton of pressure while zam is still a very safe endgame. between scor, skarm, amoong, and tar everything is p much walled too. i watched from sw perspective cuz i usually watch in the shoes of whoeever is more likely to win xd and i thought he shuolda lead scor if it had tect, cuz it beats amoong mirror from big kev, beats tran to deter amoong mirror, and leads v landt if its scarftalk. anyhow kev gets the lead right, but its magma tran so tar tanks that easily (well miss is unfort but thats doin like 20). turn 3 i KNOW FOR A FACT sw has fb or sp, but kev has to spin cuz if exca is choiced and eqs into scor then amoong can come out the next turn on the double and sleep something for free. after turn 3 zam is looking ripe as shit for a sweep and sw's mu just got even better. turn 6 bkc predicted the rocks to get more chip off, but sw sp's perfectly meaning not only are rocks goin up but tran cant even come in for free on amoong anymore, at this point the game was lookin over. ok turn 9 reveals the lefties keld so sand cant chip it, but no burn on turn 10 phew idek how kev is gonna come back from this. on the sleeping amoong personally id go zam and then scor to be safe, i pressure the tar w scor double but also dont risk wake into spore. however his plays are just fine as well. turn 15 i def wouldv played this differently, since i know the lant is scarf and i know that the only thing stopping scor is keld, i need to chip keld as much as possible. id without a doubt go shao on the uturn so i can start uturning on the keld for free chip, and if kev goes amoong thats still free chip into scor and the cycle continues. scald still doesnt burn this turn, and sw has little reason to risk making big plays, but turn 21 i forsure go for the non eq play whether its toxic or coverage move. turn 22 the keld double was a great play because protect was safe, tho id still argue shao since he revealed tect already and lant doesnt wanna take more chip. on turn 24 keld finally burns, and this is a huge turning point because keld reveals protect so that it can potentially beat amoong. on turn 26 i strongly disagree with staying in on amoong because even if he gigad the scor, protect + heal would still keep it very healthy, and keld doubles will keep eating sr damage while lant u can litetally keep harding mienchao. on the off chance he eq's u get 2 layers of spikes or 1 layer + wwind keld out and then u p much guarantee the win. on turn 29 to 30 i also have to disagree w sw's plays, i think he was in such a good position this game that he made the safest plays possible in order to not give any chances. if u predict the tar, u go hard shao, at worst it lives a scald, at best u uturn and get spikes. if u fblast, u follow thru and click it twice. that tiny percentage chip from sig beam does not change at all since tar dying to spikes or not makes no difference. so it turns out that the skarm was spdef taunt, ok so all of sw's safe plays were justified since he now wins the game 100%,,, or does he
Turn 35

The opposing Dwight K. Schrute used Scald!
A critical hit!
Skarmory lost 75% of its health!
Skarmory was burned!

Skarmory used Whirlwind!

Koschei Raid (Tyranitar) was dragged out!
The opposing Koschei Raid is hurt by the spikes!
Pointed stones dug into the opposing Koschei Raid!

The opposing Koschei Raid fainted!

The sandstorm is raging.
Skarmory was hurt by its burn!

Skarmory fainted!
BKC has 285 seconds left.
WOW literally LITERALLY worst case of all cases happened here. if no critburn then skarm eaaaaaasily won the game. now sw reveals the ifang which kills lant, so its 3v2 in his favor, he still has th egame in control. btw by no means am i saying he plaued bad, this game was like 99% in the bag since turn 8 so im just making armchair reads of how he coulda played like he was behind in order to secure the 1000% bag. wow and then a crit and double protect later,,,, phew damn that game was tough as shit to watch. though i think maybe shao shouldv clicked the last coverage move (sedge p sure) instead of uturn (but then it could miss so,,, ) wow lmao sw played so safe to avoid all odds of shit happening yet a crit burn followed by a crit double tect were scenarios he couldnt foresee. i wouldnt call this a good game i mean the advantage was so huge that it became a very one sided game and very defnesive, nothin rlly was out of the blue, but still props to kev for doing evryrhing he needed to like the keld doubles etc and hp firing twice instead of spore etc and doing all the little things right in otder to have a shot. well,,, ig that makes this a good game then? tragic ending tho, but fuckit we get tiebreaks outta that.
:pikuh:

damn outta all 4 games only 1 was even moderately close/enjoyable, step ur shit up in tiebreaks men

Last edited:

Dave

formerly Stone Cold
is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Championis a Five-Time Past WCoP Champion
And here I am, stuck at a crossroads in my life. Seeing two of my children fight, there is no winner here. No. One of you will be the hero, one of you however, will let their team down. But no matter what the outcome is, TDK and ABR, savor it.

Cause both y'all know no one rooting for y'all asses come World Cup so enjoy it while u can.

Wow big daddy BKC has an outstanding record this SPL, going 10-3.
This season he beat:

McMeghan
Soulwind x2
Dice
AriiStella
Smurf
Luck>Skill
Z0mOg
Kanto
Triangles

He only dropped games to Dice (1-1), Ojama, and Undisputed, which he won if Megahorn hit.
This isn't even counting the help he consistently gives teammates; arguably the whole team does better when he's on it, and he won both tiebreakers so he offers clutch to the team.

Most expensive player might just increase in value. If he misses the trophy this year I'll be very sad, so I gotta pull for the Raiders. Let's get this TDK!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)