Smogon Simple Questions/Suggestions

Is The Player subforum still viewable? I believe I saw it in Thread Cyconics a while ago, but now I can't find it. Reasoning is I'm trying to find an article that was extremely helpful. Regarding that, is there a way to find articles from The Player on-site?

QueBien

Nomad, vagabond, call me what you will
Where can I post concepts and projects for new fan made pokemon and abilities?
You can join in on the CAP Project, where new Pokemon concepts are designed and playtested. You can find links to more information about the Create A Pokemon project here.

Matleo

Banned deucer.
or could I post it in the Article Approvals? It has to do with my personal idea and pokemon in game statistics.

Snaquaza

KACAW
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
or could I post it in the Article Approvals? It has to do with my personal idea and pokemon in game statistics.
Well, I saw your post and it's not really the right place to put it. The Article Approvals aren't for pure speculation as for what you'd want in a Pokemon, they usually have some relation to competitive battling, or to this site in general. There are entertainment articles, but those don't consist of random ideas, so if you want ideas of how you can submit something, you should look at the guidelines in The Smog forum and look at some older articles.

That said, I am leading a project on PS which you could try to help in. It's creating a fangame. Just do /join Kyoru on PS and you're in the room. From there on people will be able to help you. On this site, there is no real place to put your ideas for new things, since we focus on what exists already, besides the CAP forum, which makes a new Pokemon with the community based on a metagame concept.

skylight

a sky full of lighters ☆
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Adding to what was said if you have a proper article idea you might think is interesting in the future, run it by me and I can let you know if it's a good idea to post it there or not. :3

Ummm, yeah, I have a question. I had a normal profile of the same name on P.S! I had a password and all that, but I never made a full account by giving you guys my date of birth, time zone, etc. But now, there's a problem. I'm using a school computer that I checked out for Summer Break, and with school computers, if one person gets muted, banned, etc. Then everyone else there with a school computer is as well. So, I think I may be banned because of that, as no matter what I do, whenever I try to sign in with any name(Already made or not)...nothing happens. But it's not giving me the normal "This I.P was banned from P.S!" message that I've gotten before from others at my school getting banned. So what should I do? I can't PM any auth to get help, so I have to ask here.

More of a technical question, but I've been trying to log on to showdown a few times today and can't seem to do so. I know it isn't a password issue since it's the same password I've used since starting the alt. I'll type my username, it prompts me for a password, I enter it, and then it just sits there. This happens for all of my alts, and even when I try to make a new one.

Any advice/help is greatly appreciated. Thank you

Snaquaza

KACAW
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
More of a technical question, but I've been trying to log on to showdown a few times today and can't seem to do so. I know it isn't a password issue since it's the same password I've used since starting the alt. I'll type my username, it prompts me for a password, I enter it, and then it just sits there. This happens for all of my alts, and even when I try to make a new one.

Any advice/help is greatly appreciated. Thank you
It seems like this is just an issue right now with PS, I'm experiencing the same thing. Just wait and hopefully it'll be fixed soon. That said, a better place to ask this is in the PS forum!

Thanks for the response guys, glad I'm not the only one with the problem. Also, sorry for the technical question, if I have any others, I'll ask them in the sub-forum :3.

Anybody know where I can find some current information on a klutz lopunny set?
Well, I would try asking in the OU room, as Lopunny is in OU(Last I checked). Otherwise, the only other places I can think of are Youtube or google, sorry I can't just give you a list of the best stats and moves for Klutz Lopunny, I don't really do competitive battling. ;-;

Last edited by a moderator:

Snaquaza

KACAW
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/randombattle-243548399

Why didn't Yanmega go faster than Musharna in turn 22? Paralysis cuts speed just by 25%, and Yanmega had much more speed than Musharna than just 25%!
Paralysis causes a Pokemon's speed to be 25%, so it's a fourth of its original speed. I think that in randbats a level 81 Musharna will still have a speed stat of 84, even with a Quiet nature. A level 78 Yanmega will have a speed stat of 212 with Timid. Seeing this, 25% of 212 is 56, which is quite a bit lower than Musharna's 84 Speed stat. Even if my calculations for the stats aren't exactly correct, there's quite some margin and it's quite logical Musharna outsped.

skylight

a sky full of lighters ☆
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Is there a place to get this account deregistered or do I just let it rot like the other unused accounts?
Just let it rot in case you ever come back (although you can't create alternate accounts). You can't get your account deleted unless it's a super special reason, so yea.

Astra

talk to me nice
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
if there is a post that has no tagged users and then i edit it so it has a tagged user, will the user i tagged get notified?

How come sometimes users have their badges stripped away and not get alumnus? (Not in the case of a ban)

xzern

for sure
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
How come sometimes users have their badges stripped away and not get alumnus? (Not in the case of a ban)
to get an alumnus version of a badge, the badgeholder needs to meet a certain requirement to get it. however, this only applies to activity based badges like community contributor and social media. permanent badges like smogon media and artist can be alumnized at any time. for example, tiering contributor alumnus requires 8 tiering-related votes, so if you quit before obtaining 8 votes, you get the badge taken away instead of getting it alumnized.

It's been a while since I've been on here but ORAS has gotten me back into the game, is there still a thread of war stories or has that disappeared?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)