Smogon Superstars II Preliminaries

Status
Not open for further replies.
Philip7086 vs. Seven Deadly Sins = Philip7086, 1-0

GG man, it was a close one.

Edit: Conflict! I need you to take Sage Abdul out for me to participate in the tie breaker!!! I'm counting on you man!

Also, I love how i had a 50% chance of going 5-2 and securing my advancement, but due to me never having won an important speed tie before in my life, I'm now looking at possibly not even making the tie breaker :(

reyscarface

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a defending SPL Championdefeated the Smogon Frontier
World Defender
except limitless didnt want to play, and undisputed does, they didnt decide, limitless did.

ps its basically the same for him to say "i dont care anymore advance them" and lose on purpose if they actually did the tiebreak.

locopoke

Banned deucer.
Ashley Young quit earlier in the tournament and instead of giving his opponents wins, tripe subbed in someone else. Shouldn't the same apply here?

reyscarface

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a defending SPL Championdefeated the Smogon Frontier
World Defender
i am not sure what the policy on that is but lol giving someone who didnt play a single match a 2/3 chance to be in the super 16....

Bluewind

GIVE EO WARSTORY
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
IIRC Ashley Young still had a fair share of matches to complete, and his sub wasn't automatically placed in a tiebreaker for semifinals. Added to that, if he really doesn't want to play, he could just tell his opponents to claim they won their respective matches and get done with it. I find pretty unfair that people just quit this tournament for "I don't want to play anymore" reasons when many others wanted to be playing, but I find it equally unfair that people get subbed in with automatic advantages and disadvantages, and that people in the same group have to face different players.

Why are people quitting for no reason?

This whole tournament has been a joke the way everyone just quits when they lose twice or something because they "don't have time" anymore. Not to mention, it puts the players who beat quitters at a bad spot because the Sub is likely not going to be as good as those that were hand picked to start out with.

Whatever Limitless wants to do is his choice, but at the very least, a sub should not be put in at this point. At least have players that were originally chosen for this tournament go to the round of 16 instead of someone who didn't do anything.

I really must say, the people who have competed in this tournament (you know who I'm talking about) have acted with little class and ruined a perfectly good tournament idea. I don't get how everyone was so into superstars 1, into superstars 2 at the beginning, and now people 'dont care'. What?

Why are people quitting for no reason?

This whole tournament has been a joke the way everyone just quits when they lose twice or something because they "don't have time" anymore. Not to mention, it puts the players who beat quitters at a bad spot because the Sub is likely not going to be as good as those that were hand picked to start out with.

Whatever Limitless wants to do is his choice, but at the very least, a sub should not be put in at this point. At least have players that were originally chosen for this tournament go to the round of 16 instead of someone who didn't do anything.

I really must say, the people who have competed in this tournament (you know who I'm talking about) have acted with little class and ruined a perfectly good tournament idea. I don't get how everyone was so into superstars 1, into superstars 2 at the beginning, and now people 'dont care'. What?

I agree with this. Limitless had a shot of advancing and decided to forgo the opportunity. I'm not giving someone a large chance of advancing, especially if they have already been eliminated. Giving Locopoke another chance of advancement is like saying I should give someone like Reachzero another chance, both are good players, but they have not fared well in this event, and thus already had their fair shot of advancing. Giving Loco another chance in my eyes is worse than giving the two guys who have won 5x "free advancement". It'd be like giving Locopoke 5 wins, just because he "deserves" another chance, even though he has already played seven straight and lost five. No matter what I do in this spot would be considered unfair by some, so I decided on picking the "lesser of two evils".

edit @ undisputed: when are you guys playing? Yeah I realized after re-reading that.

edit 2: lol @ jabba.

Me and Bad Ass planned for tomorrow. He has to make a new team since I know the one he used earlier. I had to make one too, but I've got mine I think.

Also, the Locopoke advancing was a joke Tripe.

Bad Ass

Custom Title
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis the 2nd Grand Slam Winneris a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
well, in that case, undisputed has relayed the message to me that he is forfeiting and that i am to take the win.

also we cant put in a sub because "that wouldnt be fair"

Pretty much, because of the potential 4 person tie.

Edit:
Deep thought: 4 + 2 +4 +1 = 11
Bluewind: 6 + 4 + 2 + 1 = 13
Philip7086: 2 + 4 + 2 + 1 = 9
Sage Abdul: 4 + 4 + 2 + 2 = 12

Group H's scenario.
The system, since we have 4 people tied for 2nd place in Group G. Same scenario for Group H, and I used the same tie breaker.

edit @ everyone: 3 slots left and 17 hours remaining.
Edit @ M Dragon: mizuno hasn't had internet access recently.
Edit @ Lady bug: I've had multiple people complain about mind's activity. Keep looking today.

Edit: Group D scenario
Kotw: 4 + 2 + 1 + 2 = 9
Apologies: 2 + 2 + 1 + 4 = 9
Lady Bug: 4 + 4 + 5 + 1 = 14
M Dragon : 4 + 2 + 2 + (2 or 1)= 10 or 9.

Prepared incase I need it, so if we use the system, Lady bug will advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)