Playoffs Smogon Tour 16 - [Won by BKC]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lavos

Banned deucer.
it seems dice is fated to be unlucky only when it really matters

edit: if that looked snarky it wasn't intended to be, sorry dice

Last edited:
I am rather disappointed with how the series unfolded. I never appreciate snarky, holier-than-thou tournament responses, but this series has rubbed me wrong in many aspects. My opponent's conduct between his rather supercilious attitude throughout the battle chat and PMs/VMs accompanied by his German cheerleading-corp was clearly enjoyable to endure. Also, his rather scandalous attempt to lure me to a German server to /showteam and/or get my moves posted in the auth channel, which happened with my World Cup Team (PttP) against Germany, was was an ominous indication which foreshadowed the games. Game 1, BW, was clean, which I won. Game 2, ADV, contained a critical hit against my Suicune with a Gengar Explosion and later a critical hit, which did indeed matter after calculations, against Heracross, sealing my doom. Game 3, however, was the straw that broke the Camerupt's back. Between freezing my SR user, burning the Pokémon that would have swept, and being on the recieving end of a favorable sleep count along with not letting me restart due to my Machamp not having DynamicPunch, was just too much to handle. I am wholeheartedly downcast at the outcome of this series and have never been so despondent over a dumb online game. Go figure. I would like to extend my wishes (not luck) to Ciele, Bloo, BKC, CBB, Malekith, Masterclass; go fight win. I hope a good battler emerges victorious from this Smogon Tour. Also:

[11/5/2013 3:14:16 PM] Simon Fakes: you know your teams yet
[11/5/2013 3:14:20 PM] Simon Fakes: i want you to CRUSH him
[11/5/2013 3:14:23 PM] QUINTIN: i do.
[11/5/2013 3:14:23 PM] Simon Fakes: sice i dontz like him
[11/5/2013 3:14:24 PM] Simon Fakes: :D
[11/5/2013 3:14:44 PM] Simon Fakes: do i know your teams?
[11/5/2013 3:14:49 PM] QUINTIN: idk
[11/5/2013 3:14:59 PM] Simon Fakes: what u gonna use '-'
[11/5/2013 3:15:03 PM] QUINTIN: idk
[11/5/2013 3:15:04 PM] Simon Fakes: you can belive me you know thta
[11/5/2013 3:15:09 PM] Simon Fakes: i really dont like him
[11/5/2013 3:15:17 PM] Simon Fakes: you know what you gonna use i know that
[11/5/2013 3:29:31 PM] Simon Fakes: ?
[11/5/2013 3:42:54 PM] Simon Fakes: you want me to ghost lowcock then :O?
[11/5/2013 3:52:14 PM] QUINTIN: that is bad logic.
[11/5/2013 3:52:30 PM] Simon Fakes: thats worst case youzr you imo

It seems your ghosting has achieved; you sure are a fantastic player, and I should have kept your threat in mind, Fakes. I am sure the #1 chat fanboy would never leak what I would use. In fact, I regret not telling you as your skills would have definitely helped me win.

I desire the ability to circumvent my feelings over a game and be able to not make such a lengthy, indignant post, but for now, I will see all of you at the introduction of SPL. Thanks for everything, everyone.

Last edited:

McMeghan

Dreamcatcher
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis the 5th Smogon Classic Winneris the Smogon Tour Season 14 Championis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Big Chungus Winner
I want to say that, unfortunatly, nothing enforceable happened as Fakes didn't see Dice teams anyway, and punishing someone solely based on suspicions would be a bad decision anyway. If there's something to blame, that'd be the stupidity and the lack of maturity coming from this kind of attitude.

It is just regrettable that a lot of people are going out of their way to win in the dirtiest fashion they can (in hindsight, looking for someone playstyle seems ridiculous compared to the players using everything they can to know the team they'll face and I won't even mention all the suspected-yet-confirmed ghosting going around). That only makes the current players more suspicious about the possible cheating and lead to all the drama that ensue when a disconnection happen or when it is question of replaying due to a teambuilding mistake.

Like many people, I (and I know a lot of people, including some of the TDs) find the whole situation deplorable and we're always trying to take the fairest decisions when such event happen. Sadly the whole problem is more about the playerbase mentality and I really hope this will eventually change in the future.

Tough luck Dice, you played that DPP game pretty well despite the bad situation you were in at the start. May you be more fortunate in the future.

Fakes is a (BAN ME PLEASE) that doesn't even make his own teams. It's ok Dice you'll feel better when Eternal inevitably smashes him.

Edit: How the hell did a shitty player like fakes make the play offs anyway?

Reactions: HBK

HBK

Subtlety is my middle name
Fakes is a (BAN ME PLEASE) that doesn't even make his own teams. It's ok Dice you'll feel better when Eternal inevitably smashes him.

Edit: How the hell did a shitty player like fakes make the play offs anyway?
How indeed

WhiteQueen

the queen bee
is a Tiering Contributorwon the 11th Official Smogon Tournamentis a Past SPL Champion
lolllll so serious. I hope someday people will be like Kevin Garrett and stop taking this children's game so seriously.

Since dice is out, go Conflict!! Even though you were racist and wouldn't let me play for the Germans. You're still cool

destinyunknown

Banned deucer.
lost in some shitty games where lady luck didn't give me a chance

nothing new

gl I guess

yes I was about to sweep in dpp but yeah I was at a disadvantage (...)

Last edited:

Bloo

Banned deucer.
Thanks for getting those games done. To reward the early effort, here are some new raps. The first is from the same anonymous user everyone is already aware of by now, and the second is from another anonymous challenger who wanted his chance to show you all just how exactly he can spit that fire like. Can you guess who they could be? Ooh kill em:

Boudouche against Conflict, hard match to predict
People say Conflict, others contradict
No tellin what damage Boudouche can inflict
Not enough info
Came under the rader to become a pro
Lookin to make Conflict suffer the same fate as 7 seasons ago
Laurel doesn't think so
mentioning Laurel killed my flow
Boudouche won a DPP tour, we expect him to take that
DPP and ADV he's good no doubt
Long season and he's been solid throughout
Goin all out
Got his french niggas to scout
But can he beat a nigga who stalled earthworm out?
Conflict solid in every tier, nothing to fear
Nigga thinking this is his year
Lookin to avoid the second play off exit of his career
Hittin top gear, into beast mode, ready to explode
Erase Boudouche and leave no trace
Give'm the coup de grace and Show'em his place
Make'm look weak and confirming Laurel's critique
Flow disrupted once more
Boudouche v Conflict all out war
A match well worthy of waiting for

First up Sweepage, DPP's finest
MYST0GAN's crazy mind creates teams that are timeless
They're stolen on the regular, Smogon's fulla smugglers
Fight him and he'll rip out your jugular
The master crushes the upper class and slaughters the gutter trash
He walked out on the Frogs and LonelyNess' fuckin ass
They are below him, didn't bow when he rode in
Those worthless fucks ain't worthy to blow him
As the Tour reaches the end of an era, all will bow down to Grind Pantera

Reppin' Guadeloupe as well as his age group
None other than Leftiez, weak players? He wrecks these
He disowned France without a backwards glance
Da Croco' Swagg leaves his opponents with no chance
He's got skills in BW, that goes without saying
But in the past gens, can he avoid getting slain?
It'll come down to Advance, it's anyone's game

Hot N Cold and Lowgock, please try and play as soon as possible, preferably by the end of Friday. I know it's a tight schedule to play by, but keep in mind the deadline for round 1 is November 16th, so this has to be done relatively quickly. Best of luck to you two battlers from my two mother countries :heart:.

1. BKC vs. 16. Playoff Winner (DPP/BW)
2. Masterclass vs. 15. Leftiez (ADV/DPP)
3. Boudouche vs. 14. Conflict (ADV/DPP)
4. Alf' vs. 13. CrashingBoomBang (ADV/DPP)
5. High Impulse vs. 12. Ciele (DPP/BW)
6. M Dragon vs. 11. Bloo (to close)
7. Eternal vs. 10. Fakes (DPP/BW)
8. Malekith vs. 9. Go10 (DPP/BW)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)