1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. Please refer to this thread for the current Smogon Tier Lists.
  3. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!

Smogon Tour Season 14 Finals [Won by McMeghan]

Discussion in 'Smogon Tour' started by Kevin Garrett, Nov 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stallion

Stallion Killing is my business, and business is good!
    is a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Winner

2. Furai

Furai wellfare
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Winner

just battle already bitches
  3. BKC

BKC
    is a Tutoris an official Team Rateris a Smogon IRC AOPis a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis the Smogon Tour Season 16 Championis a World Cup of Pokemon defending champion

Furai is a noob.

We're most likely playing tomorrow. idk what time yet. Stay tuned.
  4. King

King

Could you guys please take longer, I wanna wait more. Thanks.
  5. Ginku

Ginku Farbenprächtig
    is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

Could you please keep posting, I'm eager to hear more of your insight. Thanks.
  6. Fiction.

Fiction.

To make sure you are fully satisfied, King, BKC told me to say that him and McMeghan are now going to play on the 14th of February. You're welcome.

[13:50] <&BKC> me and mcmeghan decided on feb. 14th
    [13:50] <+Ginku> lol
    [13:50] <&BKC> we need time to perfect our teams
    [13:50] <+Ginku> valentine
    [13:50] <&BKC> valentines day special
  7. BKC

BKC
    is a Tutoris an official Team Rateris a Smogon IRC AOPis a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis the Smogon Tour Season 16 Championis a World Cup of Pokemon defending champion

It's going down either tomorrow or Monday. Sorry for the delay but shit happens. Funkasaurus sucks. We'll post the server half an hour before the games.
  8. tml

tml

9. bro fist

bro fist
    is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

King Jasonpwn demands to see this battle go down, how dare BKC and McMeghan keep his highness waiting. Shame on you two.
  10. Lavos Spawn

Lavos Spawn
    is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Winner

yes

yes
  11. Kevin Garrett

Kevin Garrett is a competitor
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 12 Championis a SPL Winner

Sunday is where I draw the line. Don't drag this on any longer.
  12. blarajan

blarajan i was born under the same star as shakeitup
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus
    Little Cup Leader

What would you do past Sunday? Coin flip finals? Invalidate the tournament? No trophy for either party?
  13. Pocket

Pocket Apo, the Astronaut's pet dog >:3
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
    Doubles Co-Leader

Well let's just say neither of them would be getting a trophy any time soon unless they get their matches done.

I love you, BKC, but I'm rooting for my fellow Ruiner, McMeghan :D
  14. cbt

cbt voodoo mon amour
    is a Pokemon Researcher
    Mentor

mcmeghan lgi
  15. BKC

BKC

Got it, KG, my sincere apologies for not being able to come on or do anything mons-related for 5 days and then not being immediately prepared...

jesus christ
  16. HellPowna

HellPowna
    is a Past SPL Winner

[​IMG] Mc.Meghan V. [​IMG] BKC

Finally we have come to the end of the Smogon Tour 14. On the right corner we have Mc.Meghan, which in the semifinals defeated Malekith. Mc.Nuggets as you know is one of the most prolific and strong among French battlers of his time; also his talent allowed him to be very strong in all generations.
    On the left corner, instead, we have Blazin Kickin Chicken, a strong, talented and young Czech battler which defeated Vinc in the semifinals. In short, we expect a final between titans. Will McMeghan win the 14th edition of the Smogon Tour, or will BKC, carried away by anger for losing at the first round of OST, be the one to win the "LavosTour"?

GL Both.

17. Chieliee

Chieliee

except that mcmeghan isn't french

18. Kevin Garrett

Kevin Garrett is a competitor
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 12 Championis a SPL Winner

I see the already 8 day extension was worthwhile, going on three weeks without a single game done. In case it was not already obvious that is a record. If the games could have been done within the original, reasonable length of time this situation would not exist, would it? It is no longer on me to see this tournament through to its conclusion. I have taken every necessary step except disqualification to attempt to provide the viewers with set of final games. Unfortunately, there has been a historic display of delinquency on the part of the players of this tournament. And it is delinquency when you see that players in other big tournaments get their games done in a timely fashion. Obviously, that is an extraordinary example, but no more extraordinary than this being in its third week.
  19. kokoloko

kokoloko yes, this is dog.
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Super Moderatoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Past SPL Winner
    Underused Leader

20. 6A9 Ace Matador

6A9 Ace Matador veni, vidi, vici, VERSACE, VERSACE VERSACE
    is a Pre-Contributor

never seen such a witty comment kokoloko

ever
  21. peng

peng

its a pokemon tournament on the internet and the grand prize is a 16x16 pixel trophy under their username

why is the delay such an issue
  22. Lamppost

Lamppost I put the milk in first
    is a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

if its no issue why can't you just wait =0
  23. kokoloko

kokoloko yes, this is dog.
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Super Moderatoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Past SPL Winner
    Underused Leader

sorry am i initially had a much wittier response but then i was informed that i had misread kg's post so i had to edit it

:(
  24. Lavos Spawn

Lavos Spawn
    is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Winner

as far as I know irl issues generally take precedence over online so cut bkc some slack...there's a world beyond pokemon. that being said, I agree the matches should have been done by now, there were multiple opportunities for them to be completed. however, we've waited three weeks already, one more day isn't a huge deal in the grand scheme of things. both bkc and mcmeghan got this far, making some administrative decision based on activity right now would be the wrong thing to do.
  25. Malekith

Malekith
    is a Community Contributoris a SPL Winner

Vinc vs me lgi :doom:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)