Smogon Usage-Based Tier Update: February 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Antar you forgot to mention what went from DOU -> DUU and vice versa, in which case they are: Ninetails (Sigh), Camerupt-M, and Victini all rose to DOU, while Sableye, (and its mega) Excadrill, Arcanine, Volcarona, Landorus-I, Scizor (and its mega) Jellicent, and Metagross-M all fell to DUU.

Antar you forgot to mention what went from DOU -> DUU and vice versa, in which case they are: Ninetails (Sigh), Camerupt-M, and Victini all rose to DOU, while Sableye, (and its mega) Excadrill, Arcanine, Volcarona, Landorus-I, Scizor (and its mega) Jellicent, and Metagross-M all fell to DUU.
There's clearly something off with the Doubles drops--e.g. Skymin shouldn't have been able to drop from OU to NU. I'm going to take the stats down for now until I can figure out what went wrong.

52 | Sylveon | 3.617% |

Numera IRL said:
GRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!
IT'S TIME TO CHANGE THIS FOREVER, my friends. Sylveon is STILL OU and it's bugging the hell outta me. Outclassed, slow, Baton Pass is too weak. I don't understand what's keeping this in OU, and launching some much better mons out (Zam/Dos). Given how good Zam is the mega base form split shouldn't be an excuse, lol.

I'm waiting, Sylveon.

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Holy fuck PU now has actual choices for hazard removal

Lol that won't last long with Omastar in NU again

Edit: Antar what difference does it make if Skymin is DUbers tho lol

Edit: Antar what difference does it make if Skymin is DUbers tho lol
The issue is that if the script shows a Pokemon dropping two tiers at once, it means there's a bug, and where there is one there might be more.

The LC stuff is suspect too. The main stuff is a separate script though, so that should be fine.

Adamant Zoroark

catchy catchphrase
is a Contributor Alumnus
52 | Sylveon | 3.617% |

IT'S TIME TO CHANGE THIS FOREVER, my friends. Sylveon is STILL OU and it's bugging the hell outta me. Outclassed, slow, Baton Pass is too weak. I don't understand what's keeping this in OU, and launching some much better mons out (Zam/Dos). Given how good Zam is the mega base form split shouldn't be an excuse, lol.

I'm waiting, Sylveon.
To be fair, Sylveon can at least run a Choice Specs set and carve out a niche for itself, but it doesn't seem like just that should be enough to keep it while better 'mons like Alakazam and Gyarados-Mega drop. I think it can be best explained as "The ladder is dumb and a tier will never be perfectly representative of what's good in that tier."

I'm just glad we've come a long way from when Electivire and Ninjask were OU for... Some reason. Sylveon and Conkeldurr at least have niches that make them worth using, unlike DPP OU Electivire and Ninjask which were just complete trash.

If it weren't for that insane weakness to sucker punch, Hoopa would be OU all the way. Also, Gyarados Mega in UU let's unleash the beast people!

My thoughts-

OU: good lord the ladder players are stupid. ffs start using zam, drop conk and slyveon.

UU: rest in spaghetti, never forgetti to the tier. zam and mega gyara are going to shred through it.

edit- gyaradosite quickban has restored some of my faith

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)