CAP 1 Smogon's First "Create a Pokemon": Poll 10

What will be the name of our new pokemon?

• Aufylus

Votes: 31 12.6%
  • Dorylus

Votes: 6 2.4%
  • Syclant

Votes: 132 53.7%
  • Apocritz

Votes: 21 8.5%
  • Vishicle

Votes: 38 15.4%
  • Eiskungia

Votes: 18 7.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sunday

God Bless Nintys Incompetence :*)
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Is that a power point connection on his tail? The problem with that is they differ from region to region :S

KoA

Sorry, I thought anteaters were real
is an Artist
I think the leek should stay, it was farfetch'd's characteristic feature and to replace it with his evo would be sad, IMO. :( (Plus, even his dex entry says he'd die without it.)

However, I have a nice design in mind for him and if he is in fact the basis of our next create-a-mon, I'll spring it then.

After all, we do still have a topic at hand. :P

This topic is pretty much over since Syclant has more votes then e
all the other options combined :/, we need the next poll.

and you're right leek shold stay, but maybe it gets bigger or something?

Gardevoir, Kirlia or Ralts, even Gyrados for that matter can be easily pronounced for that matter by just reading it syllable-wise.

Syclant on the other hand made me read it as Psy-Clant. And yup, all the names suggested dont really sound pokemon-ish either. Even Ursaring which uses Ursa, the scientific term for those bear-like creatures sounds like a pokemon while Aufylus and Dorylus sounds like some Anime characters name. Think about it.

Syclant still feels the most pokemonish so i guess thats what i have to vote for.

Wow, I'm honored that I'm nominated to lead the next set of polls. Anyways, first question for next time is do we want to evolve something or not because choosing types and then evolutions is a little wierd.

Anyways, Syclant is it. Don't worry about the pronunciation, everyone and their mother says it differently for every single Pokemon out there. If this forum was a vocie chat, we would all be lost.

Bologo

Have fun with birds and bees.
is a Contributor Alumnus
Oh please we all know that the best Farfetch'd evolution names are either Unbelievab'l, or Outrageo's, or both of them. :P

Okay so farfeched evo is next. I have alot of sketches in mind for new pokemon such as new eeveelutions and Dragon trio and legends. Hell an evo of smeargle.

So just ask what the new Create a Pokemon theme should be.

Instead of a farfetched evo we should make an evo of shuckle it would be just like shuckle but with 101 subs and higher attack but it would be way to broken so I guess no...

Anyways, first question for next time is do we want to evolve something or not because choosing types and then evolutions is a little wierd.
Evolve something, perferly. We can decide on if it get an addition typing or replace one with another like in the case of Farfetch'd, decide if we want it to stay a Normal/Flying or ditch the Normal typing and chose a new one for our NEFU bird.

I would love to see a wrap-up thread with all the info, pictures, movepool, some discussion. Warm, fuzzy stuff y'know.

It will be on a mod server. :D

Farfetch'd evo is next? Bulky sweeper (somehwat like Hariyama or Metagross), samurai-themed, Fight/Fly, leek-based attack, named Absur'd.

It will be on a mod server. :D
Who or whoall is going to incorporate Syclant?

Fight/Fly Farfetch'd evo makes the next create-a-pokemon pretty easy. Type is set for you, movepool is going to come pretty easy, looks and abilities and special attack might get a bit of talk.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Agree with you up to the bulky sweeper part. How bulky are we talking about? I don't want him to be Hari slow D:
102/112/82/62/82/102, total 542??? (slightly bulkier than Azumarill)

Not that it must be ~540-ish, it was just a random base stat spread I thought, that could be used as a base for us.

102/112/82/62/82/102, total 542??? (slightly bulkier than Azumarill)

Not that it must be ~540-ish, it was just a random base stat spread I thought, that could be used as a base for us.
Oh...that kind of bulky, I was afaird we was going to make him slow as fuck despite the fact Samurais aren't that slow. That BST spread I would like to see. Fast as Chomp and has good hp/atk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)