CAP 1 Smogon's First "Create a Pokemon": Poll 6

What will be the ability of our new pokemon?

• Intimidate

Votes: 4 2.2%
  • Compound Eyes

Votes: 74 41.6%
  • Snow Warning

Votes: 15 8.4%
  • Swarm

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • Ice Absorb

Votes: 11 6.2%
  • Ice Shell

Votes: 71 39.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

junior

jet fuel can't melt steel beams
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Oh shit, the way I phrased the description certainly makes it sound that way, doesn't it? *Fixing*

That'd be a really cool ability though.
It'll make the perfect counter to half the pokemon out there, especially with its speed, atk and satk. xD

That would have been more broken the Regigiarse with Pure Power instead of Slow Start.

...say, that's a good idea. *grabs his Regigigarse*

Anyway, I support Ice Shell, so this guy doesn't got eaten by SR.

cooper: the ice absorb ability was ment to be a ice type flash fire not a ice type water absorb,the name sugested was flash freze, look trough the older polls and you will see.
seems you missed this, cooper' and thought it might be important. also, i believe i was the first to suggest flash freeze, in case something miraculous happens and it gets used

As it stands now, the next poll is going to be for appearance. I feel it's best we do that before moveset, to determine if Megahorn can even be an option, as that's the big argument against Compound Eyes. But I'll say it again, Thunder is definitely not an option on this pokemon.
Whats a bug Pokemon without Megahorn? =(

That takes away one of its best STAB moves.

Voted for Ice shell because if you actually look at the sort of pokemon and abilities gamefreak make, the only pokemon that gets compoundeyes is butterfree. If you look at its movepool, the only attacks that can even abuse this accuracy boost are its status attacks which suggests to me that allowing compoundeyes on a sweeper for high accuracy 120BP attacks would unbalance the game too much.

Having 100% accuracy blizzard in hail and 100% accuracy thunder in rain isn't the same thing because it requires setting up the weather before you can abuse it and it is limited to 1 particular move for that weather. Compoundeyes allows this thing to abuse multiple low accuracy attacks without any sort of weather setup.

Actually come to think of it, I probably should have voted for ice absorb...damn. At least ice absorb is actually a plausible ability and unique because I don't see what ice shell does that magic guard doesn't (tell me if there is something). It's basically just a much crappier magic guard because magic guard would be too good on it. I don't think there is any ability that is just a worse version of another ability. Every ability should be unique. It'd be like making a new ability called "intimidatex2" or something which lowers attack 2 stages instead of 1.

Anyway, speaking of intimidate, you might want to fix it because lowering attack 1 stage actually reduces the attack by 67% not 25%. Just a small error but not that it matters I suppose since no one is picking it.

Whats a bug Pokemon without Megahorn? =(
Yanmega would like to have a word with you.

This idea went from good, to ridiculous.
Explain. If I remember correctly, you were one of the people bashing this for being Ice/Bug, and now that there's an option to take away the SR weakness, you say it's too overpowered. The point of this is to create a usable pokemon. Besides, it's definitely possible to kill this, even with base 121 speed. The highest powered Electric attack it could possibly have is Thunderpunch, which mean Gyarados shods on it.

Sunday

God Bless Nintys Incompetence :*)
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Compound eyes suits so well, so that's what I picked. Having good acc Blizzard can make up for the SR weak somewhat...

All of these abilities seem SO cheap, I mean this guy already has like.. amazing base speed and attack, yet we want to give it like.. an ability for it not to take SR damage too?!

I went with Swarm. ^_^

Yanmega's a bug and it doesn't have Megahorn. Also Scizor, Forrestress, and Ninjask don't have Megahorn, but they're potent threats.

For those of us complaining that this guy doesn't take SR damage, that's not really too much of a problem. Think Infernape. Even with his awesome mix sweeping abilities, he's still looked down upon for being very frail. Our pokemon's no different. Think Weavile. One of the fastest pokemon in the game gets beaten down if it's not scarfed. This pokemon is the same thing.

Sunday

God Bless Nintys Incompetence :*)
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Think Weavile. One of the fastest pokemon in the game gets beaten down if it's not scarfed. This pokemon is the same thing.
Not to mention our guys stat distribution sucks for being scarfed. His speed is exreemly excessive when scarfed and is wasted...

Not to mention our guys stat distribution sucks for being scarfed. His speed is exreemly excessive when scarfed and is wasted...
Not so. You can just add as much speed as you need, then you have plenty to dump into attack and special attack since it's a mixed sweeper.

Please let it keep Ice Shell and Compound Eyes. Dual abilities rock, especially when they are both good. It also can lead to wildly different strategies.

...agreeing with the idea that it should have both Compound Eyes and Ice Shell (the way a Sneasel has Keen Eye and Inner Focus). However, if we must agree on only one, Ice Shell would be nice. With its horrible typing, Ice Shell would help keep it alive from 50% SR damage. It has a ton of weaknesses, so immunity to setups like Spikes, Toxic Spikes, and Stealth Rock would help it quite a lot.

Ice Shell I feel is necessary, being able to switch in without taking too much residual damage greatly increases the flexibility of the pokeman. Also allows for the use of LO without being suicidal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)