Smogon's Official World Cup Discussion (Congrats to Glaucius on winning Pick'em!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Imanalt

I'm the coolest girl you'll ever meet
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
And now spains only chance of making it into the quarters without beating brazil is somehow having the best gd in the group, or hoping the dutch drop points against australia... Spain 10-0 australia anyone?

Imanalt

Chile are so reckless defensively but they have the attack and speed to rip this joke of a backline apart as well. Spain might not even make it out of the group.
At this point i might go as far as saying its likely, they need chile to not beat the dutch and lose to them, but based on what chiles done of late that sounds unlikely...

It's only fitting for the Dutch to be the ones to finally drive the final coffin in the Tiki Taka playstyle, they invented the whole shebang after all. Also lol this confirms that the Dutch have WC Finals Syndrome.

Edit: Lel sniedjer.
Edit2: Torres worst player in history y/y?

Why the heck was Torres brought on, insanity

Netherlands certainly got revenge and were well worth their 5 goals.

I reckon 2 of the 5 could make Top 10 goals of the tournament, Persie's flying header was fantastic (best goal so far imo) and Robben's run was magical.

5-1 going on 10-3

Max Carvalho

Que os jogos comecem
Robben's run was freaking crazy. I bet we will see another gems tho. Also, Chile has chances against Neatherlands. So Spain can get to the quarters without needing to beat Brazil. However, SpainxChile will be the defining game.

Imanalt

Robben's run was freaking crazy. I bet we will see another gems tho. Also, Chile has chances against Neatherlands. So Spain can get to the quarters without needing to beat Brazil. However, SpainxChile will be the defining game.
If chile beats the dutch and spain beats chile, short of australia getting some points it is a 3 way tie decided by goal differential... Hard to make up for a 5-1 loss in gd... I think at this point spain hopes to hell the chileans dont beat the dutch, and gets second in the group, much as that gives one hell of a set of teams to beat to get to the final...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)