Votes: 80 29.2%
  • Nope, and I don't plan on it

Votes: 93 33.9%
  • No, but I will

Votes: 101 36.9%

• Total voters

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
ok im retarded i cant figure out how to change the custom battle rules for friend battles on wifi. if you go into it and host a game you can bring up the thing to change rules it lists "everything goes" "lvl 50" and rule 1 2 and 3. the rule 1 2 3 are supposed to be customizable i cant find any way to change them, is there another way to access them??
See if it's under options or the offline vs mode? I don't have the game yet.

I found a way to change those rules but I can't remember for the life of me where it was at. I'm looking now. Rule 1 needs to be standard nintendo rules, but it's not and it's lame.

dammit, I just lost a neon collesium.

I was up against a fire-solo trainer... I got my azelf and three fire types, he got Empoleon, Dialga, Heatran and Ponyta.

I got megapwnt.

Is there any way to just skip the neon collesium, or do you have to beat it to unlock the rest of them?

and

389th "I fucking hate Neon Colosseum and wish death on Rosie's children" post.

EDIT: also watching people DC because your OUs are bitchslapping around their untrained ubers is lol.

does pbr have any new moves for pokemon?
We get Surf Pikachu and a free Electivire and Magmortar with standard moves (the latter two because the Japanese had an event that allowed them to download the two).

You can buy a LOT or good or even exclusive TMs in PBR, though.

Dragon Claw - 12,000
Roar - 9,600
Taunt - 9,600
Ice Beam - 12,000
Thunderbolt - 12,000
Earthquake - 12,000
Psychic - 12,000
Shadow Ball - 12,000
Brick Break - 9,600
Flamethrower - 12,000
Facade - 9,600
Skill Swap - 9,600
Overheat - 12,000

Fling - 9,600
Stone Edge - 9,600
Captivate - 9,600
Dark Pulse - 9,600
X-Scissor - 9,600
Poison Jab - 9,600
Swagger - 9,600
Pluck - 9,600
Trick Room - 12,000

i wish i never bought an AR so these items would have value to me , lol

oh btw for anyone else having the same problem as me due to nintendos interface sucking balls. you need to go to battle, free battle, pretend like youre gonna fight the computer and then you can change them... how retarded is that

So far the single player mode has been "meh" for me (less double battles, please. Oh, and adding another vote against the Neon Colo).

Random Wi-Fi battles have actually been pretty fun, though. Aside from 2-3 of the 15 or so games I played, there wasn't much latency. Only one person disconnected on me before the final blow (and a different person used the "Give Up" option, which I prefer since I don't have to sit through the timer).

My favorite battle so far has been My Magnezone killing a Giratina and then my Vaporeon single-handedly toxic-stalling to death a Palkia and Lugia (after poor Mag fell to an Earth Power mispredict and Breloom to an ice beam). The battle itself sucked because it was one of those 2-3 that were laggy as heck, and stalling is boring, but it was nice to see the little blue guy pulling a win against an all-uber team. I'm glad I picked toxic over ice beam! I'm also glad/impressed that the opposing player didn't disconnect and actually stuck with the laggy boring stallwar til the end.

I was expecting the worst, with every team on random wi-fi being all ubers, but I've only encountered one all-uber team, one team with all top-of-the-line-OU, mostly teams with a variety of OU with some BL pokemon, and maybe 3 teams using the rental cards. Overall it's been pretty fun.

It makes me sad that I have to go back and do more single player to get more "money" and to unlock more dress options. I'm up to the Sunset/Magma Colos right now... thankfully only a few more to go til I should have everything unlocked, and then it's a matter of finding the best way to get the points to buy everything.

Sunset... is difficult too, but not as bullshit as Leon.

You just have to look at the big picture and the chances of your opponent picking the type. When you see Dragon Rage, pick it no matter what.

holy crap, close one, Dusty was freaking hard.

I just bought it, my Wii is on at the character customization screen, but I'm sitting on the internets and finishing my team on my DS while reading about it so I know what's I have to look forward to. :(

It sure is nice to get away from the AI bullshit of Wifi Battle Tower.

That said, my router is currently so unstable I haven't been able to stay connected for the duration of an entire fight. :sad: I was so excited that they brought back the announcer! Too bad he's worse than in chromatics...

I just got it today like so many others. So far the only thing I don't like about it is the lack of Auto saving (always taken for granted) and Neon Colosseum's hax bullshit. Other than that it's all goooooood stuff.

I hear you on Neon Colosseum 3 straight games they kept getting palkia and I would get there crap normal pokemon with 3 normal stall or disabler moves and one weak power water attack. One game I had a Wigglytuff with sleep disable defence curl I think and Water Pulse and the other one I got for that same match was Flaffy who had pretty much the same move set except had thundershock instead of water pulse. Bullshit hax is right :D:rant:

Hey do the Electivire and Magmortar have any set stats or anything? Can you also use Darkrais obtained through the glitch on Wi-fi?

Anyway, I plan to rent it this weekend.

Can someone tell me if you can play PBR with D/P of a different region?

Also, can we use Hiragana/Katakana for our names?

GB_Packers_Ftw

LOOKS LIKE FAVRE GOT SHUT DOWN
I have it, The wi fi is awesome, its basicly GTS accept you battle people, you can only do double\ single battles (4v4\3v3) And once you battle someone you can basicly steal their pokes for story mode lol. The film makes it even better, but storymode as usual is pointless..besides the pikachu

i still don't understand why so many people are getting pbr. i don't think the one player mode is remotely worth it. the main attractions would be the tm store (which still really isn't that useful, just clone your tms), and the online battling, which really shouldn't cost 50 dollars by itself.

the game itself isn't what i was expecting cause i figured it was gonna be an rpg like XD and Colo. but for just another stadium game it's pretty cool. the attacks just look really cool.

So for those who have gotten it, IS it basically like Stadium 1 & 2 (N64) ?

Aside from improved Graphics (and Wi-Fi...which DP can already do), is there really a point to getting it?

I know you can get some kick ass TMs and a Surfing Pikachu...but is that all?

Beyond that, how "intelligent" are the AIs? Are their PKMN even EV trained?

You obviously haven't played any other announcer-present Pokemon games. This announcer is like a godsend.
The segway between the Pokemon's name and any further description sucks.

How would I know?
I've seen quite a few Vids. on Youtube.

Stadium 1 and 2's announcer was acceptable...this guy's just weak.

So for those who have gotten it, IS it basically like Stadium 1 & 2 (N64) ?

Aside from improved Graphics (and Wi-Fi...which DP can already do), is there really a point to getting it?

I know you can get some kick ass TMs and a Surfing Pikachu...but is that all?

Beyond that, how "intelligent" are the AIs? Are their PKMN even EV trained?
The battles are much faster than in D/P which might me unbelivable but it's true.

How so? Granted, he could have a little more enthusiasm (like the crazy Japanese one), but other then that, he's not that bad.
You nailed it. It feels like a game for people who cannot read.
He simply reads the text out loud, or mis-pronounces Pokemon's names.

The Japanese one sounded at least cool.

Is there an option to shut the announcer's comments?

Above poster: Yeah, but that's because the DS versions have friend code system,
meaning you're most likely playing guys you know from the Internet,
meaning they're at least half decent and can hold their own. [60 minutes battles, sir]

On PBR, you have random encounter thing, and honestly,
you most likely fall on a 10 years old who just wanna test his super Giratina combo out,
and tries to cut you to death.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)