soulsmasher team

soulsmasher

yes, the name of the team is soul smasher... i was battling online the other day, when someone used baton pass gliscor on me, and then baton passed to metagross. after a bit of research, mainly pertaining of gliscor and metagross stuff, and decided that a +2 attack and +4 speed metagross is a recipy that would just reap souls. so, i decided to build a team.

team at a glance:

this is the beginning of the team... the core, i guess is what its called. well, um, the plan was to build a team around this.

next, tyranitar was added... that way we would have sand storm and sand veil on gliscor. keep in mind that that is why this is a sand team, and why it ended up as a 3:3 steel mono...

well, next rotor-w was added to counter the all to common rain teams...

and last but not least, scizor and magnezone where added... these provide the coverage and speed that other pokes lack, plus aren't affected by the sandstorm...

now, to break down the the team...

Gliscor (M) @ toxic orb
Trait: poison heal
EVs: 248 hp/44 def/216 spdef
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Rock Polish
- Baton Pass
- Swords Dance
- earthquake

this is my gliscor set... sand veil makes it harder for opponents to land hits on this attack void gliscor. substitute makes it harder still to cause damage... rock polish and swords dance raise the speed and attack of gliscor, respectively,and then baton pass sends these stat changes (and the sub if its still there) to metagross. bulk went into this so it could tank hits while it set up, and speed so that it could set up faster.

Metagross @ Lum Berry
Trait: Clear Body
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Ice Punch
- ThunderPunch
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake

well, here we go. 252 attack and 252 speed is so that you can get as high as possible after rock polish and swords dance (i got up to 1650 attack earlier).not much can stand in your way after that. clear body prevents pokemon from lowering his stats... the lum berry is to stop sleep, confusion, burns, and para... and freeze, i guess, but that isn't to common... steel typing in and of itself prevents poison. metagross is resistant against like 10 types and immune to poison. only fire and ground can really affect it. ice and thunder punch are for coverage. earthquake is a powerful coverage move, and meteor mash is a powerful STAB attack... after setting up, not much can escape.,,,

all the images of tyranitar either didn't work or didn't fit.

Tyranitar (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SDef
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Blast
- Crunch
- Stone Edge

tyranitars purpose here is mainly to set up sandstorm. that helps glisters accuracy with sand veil... it can also set up stealth rocks, if able... fire blast takes care of those pesky grass types, crunch is a powerful STAB attack that deals SE damage to dark and ghost types... stone edge is another powerful STAB attack, though with a somewhat lower accuracy, but an increased chance to score a crit, which is why it was chosen.

Rotom-W @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 112 HP / 252 SAtk / 144 Spd
modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Pain Split

well, rotom-w is my rain counter. assuming its raining, he can let off a boosted hydro pump, an SE thunderbolt, or a hp fire at those pesky steel, grass, and bug types. pain split helps heal, while causing damage. nothing really special here, just, you know, a rotom-w

Landorus @ Choice Scarf
Sand Force
4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
Naive Nature
>Earthquake
>U-Turn
>Hidden Power Ice
>Stone Edge

landorus was suggested over magnezone. sand force helps raise the the power of stone edge and earthquake in the sand. earth quake is a powerful STAB attack that hits hard. u-turn provides the momentum lost when magnezone was taken out. hp-ice takes out opposing grass types. stone edge is another powerful move that has a chance to crit. evs maximize the effects of scarf. a fairly standard set.

Scizor (M) @ Choice band
Trait: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spd
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- pursuit

a pretty standard scizor set, but i guess i have to go over things. u-turn is a STAB attack that provides momentum to go with magnezone. bullet punch is a STAB attack that gets the technician boost, and haas priority. superpower hurts ice, rock, ground, and other things because of its power. i chose night slash over pursuit because i don't find pursuit that helpful, night slash has the same coverage as it, plus an increased chance to hit. pursuit was put in over night slash, because apparently, it gives scizor a niche.

exportable
Tyranitar (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SDef
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Blast
- Crunch
- Stone Edge

Rotom-W @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 112 HP / 252 SAtk / 144 Spd
Hardy Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Pain Split

Scizor (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spd
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- Night Slash

Magnezone @ Choice Specs
Trait: Magnet Pull
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Flash Cannon

Gliscor (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sand Veil
EVs: 252 HP / 196 SDef / 60 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Rock Polish
- Baton Pass
- Swords Dance
- Substitute

Metagross @ Lum Berry
Trait: Clear Body
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
- Ice Punch
- ThunderPunch
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake
y

Dude, it's as though you're forcing yourself to make the following changes that Jazz is suggesting. Because it apparently gives Scizor a niche. Do you even understand what does he mean by that?

you act like night slash is better than pursuit. night slash has nothing going for it. pursuit can catch switches (when you use pursuit on a switch, you hit the guy who is switching) and doubles in BP, therefore having more BP than night slash. deciding that since night slash has more of a crit chance i'm going to use it is stupid.

scizor wants a choice band, if you want any choice. scarf scizor is cool and all, but scizor loves the sheer power it gets from Choice Band. it's more predictable than Scarf, but it does it's job like it's suppose too.

Magnezone seems like you threw him on for no reason. I'd really suggest Scarf Landorus, who gets nice coverage and helps give you momentum along with Scizor.

Landorus @ Choice Scarf
Sand Force
4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
Naive Nature
>Earthquake
>U-Turn
>Hidden Power Ice
>Stone Edge

Dude, it's as though you're forcing yourself to make the following changes that Jazz is suggesting. Because it apparently gives Scizor a niche. Do you even understand what does he mean by that?
i understand what he means, catching switches. i had chosen night slash originally because was sure if pursuit got the technician boost even when it was boosted. if it didn't, night slash would be slightly weaker normally, plus greater chance to crit.

you act like night slash is better than pursuit. night slash has nothing going for it. pursuit can catch switches (when you use pursuit on a switch, you hit the guy who is switching) and doubles in BP, therefore having more BP than night slash. deciding that since night slash has more of a crit chance i'm going to use it is stupid.

scizor wants a choice band, if you want any choice. scarf scizor is cool and all, but scizor loves the sheer power it gets from Choice Band. it's more predictable than Scarf, but it does it's job like it's suppose too.

Magnezone seems like you threw him on for no reason. I'd really suggest Scarf Landorus, who gets nice coverage and helps give you momentum along with Scizor.

Landorus @ Choice Scarf
Sand Force
4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
Naive Nature
>Earthquake
>U-Turn
>Hidden Power Ice
>Stone Edge

after looking over and thinking a bit, i think landorus would be good. i'll switch scizor to band because landorus is scarfed

Edit: lately, i've been finding myself destroyed by water types...

Dang, I don’t have time to give a full rate so this’ll have to do for now. Hopefully I can find the time to come back and edit this later. Anyways, I highly suggest that you change Gliscor’s EV spread. Your current one wastes a lot of precious EVs with its heavy investment in Special Defense. That’s completely useless as Gliscor still won’t be able to set-up against most Pokemon that hits from that side of the offensive spectrum anyways. Instead, you should shift that investment over to Gliscor’s already magnificent Defense. This will allow you to take more hits from the physical threats which are what you should be setting-up against in the first place. A swap over to a spread of 248 HP / 44 Def / 216 Spd is what I suggest. You should also use an Impish (+Def, -SAtk) nature alongside this. It may look odd at first, but this combination maintains the bulk Gliscor is famous with while allowing you to outrun any Lucario that doesn’t have a Jolly/Timid nature. Of course, in order to take him out you’ll need Earthquake which I recommend using over Substitute as the jackal is quite dangerous to your team otherwise. Substitute is obviously a great thing to have, but I feel this change will be more beneficial to you overall. Besides, thanks to the duo’s synergy Metagross can switch-in safely against the moves and Pokemon that will plague Gliscor (Latios/Latias and Ice-type moves) and Metagross is already protected from status ailments thanks to its Lum Berry. If you make this change then you might want to try Poison Heal over Sand Veil since the extra recovery is nice and the later won't work as well without Substitute. I know this will change the way you play Gliscor, but as long as you're setting up against physical threats you won't need to rely on Sand Veil hax.

Since taunt leads will ruin your baton pass, I would recommend an attack on Gliscor. Replace a move according to use (i.e. if you never have time to use SD, replace it.)

I'm no expert, so this is my only thought. Hopefully it's good advice.

Since taunt leads will ruin your baton pass, I would recommend an attack on Gliscor. Replace a move according to use (i.e. if you never have time to use SD, replace it.)

I'm no expert, so this is my only thought. Hopefully it's good advice.
yes... EQ was switched in for sub, i just haven't had the chance to add it in, cause id have to add the other changes to... I'm going to go do that now

also, i put those in the order i added them to the team... i usually lead with tear

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)