Stall-breakers

OHKO... I wanted to say 1HKO xD. I was looking for an mixed sweeper with attacks which could scare all this walls, and one who could learn a good set like this was Blaziken. A mixed Metagross could help too, HP fire to surprise Skarmory and Forrestress, and with Grass Knot Hippowdon could have a great surprise. The main problem here could be Cresselia maybe, and Dusknoir/Spiritomb...

Yes it does. It tells me his attack is 700 and I can figure that out myself how much damage it does, it's not rocket science.
Um . . . I'm sorry? I just wanted to save everybody some time, I didn't know you would be offended.

In fact, let me go edit it out right now.

imo if you can't harm most if not all of these, you cannot really be called an universal stall breaker.

- Skarmory
- Forretress
- Blissey
- Hippowdon
- Dusknoir
- Spiritomb
- Cresselia
- Gliscor
- Tyranitar
- Celebi
To be honest the traditional stall breaker is that of the mixed attack type and with that said I don't think you can realistically have a 'stall breaker' that can break both Dusknoir and Cresselia unless they have a Dark/Ghost move.

They are traditionally excellent stalls against mixed Pokemon who tend to rely more on hitting something in their weaker defense. Though with that said the previous mentioned Tyrannitar therefore is an excellent candidate.

I didn't calcs or any similar, but, what about a Blaziken?
Blaziken @ Expert Belt
Rash? I don't know about nature and EVs
Flare Blitz / Fire Blast
Night Slash
HP Ice
Brick Break / Sky Upcut
I'd actually run a physical mixed one with Overheat or Swords Dance since it doesn't risk Burn.

Although I've been toying around the idea of crithax Ken. One thing I find is a timely crit can often be devastating against walls.

Blaziken@Scope Lens
-Night Slash/Shadow Claw/Baton Pass
-Blaze Kick
-Stone Edge
-Focus Energy

The fun thing to note is straight after Focus Energy you instantly have 50% crit. Full crithax is possible on some other Pokemon I believe.

Primeape@Scope Lens
-Cross Chop
-Stone Edge
-Focus Energy
-Overheat/Punishment/U-Turn

Primeape works well as Punishment really takes a chunk out of even the most bulky CM users. But most importantly it gets STAB on CC.

Skuntank@Scope Lens
-Night Slash
-Focus Energy
-Fire Blast
-Roar/Poison Jab/Slash/Explosion

One of the more interesting ones I thought about, a few things to note.
1) Clears up Toxic Spikes
2) Aftermath is 1/4 of the OPPONENTS HP meaning it does alot of damage. (Thought of this when someone mentioned Rough Skin)
3) I like this pathetic sorry excuse for a Pokemon....err...well it only has one weakness!
4) Drapion can't Fire Blast, or Memento for that matter...

I've got a sieve to find stall breakers.

-Find pokemon with slighty higher than average speed and better than base 70 in both attacking stats.
-Give it the best special moves (STAB if possible) it can find from Electric, Grass, Fire, Water, and Ice to beat physical walls.
-Give it one or two powerhouse physical moves to kill Blissey and Cress (fight and dark type get huge rep here).
-Give it a LO or Expert Belt.
-????
-Profit.

I call it "making BOAH".

Let's test it on Sharpedo:
Sharpedo @ LO
-Hydro Pump
-Ice Beam
-EQ
-Crunch

Yeah, looks good. What about Boah himself?

T-tar @ Left
-Sub
-FPunch
-Ice Beam
-Dark Pulse

Looking great. What about some new ideas?

Feraligatr @ LO
-Ice Beam
-Hydro Pump
-Crunch
-FPunch/Superpower

Hell yeah! Let's keep it up!

Charizard @ LO
-Fire Blast
-Air Slash
-HP Ice/Grass
-Flare Blitz

Oh jesus my eye fell out .(

Salamence @ whatever
-Brick Break
-Draco Meteor
-Hydro Pump
-Fire Blast

ffffffffff

Floatzel @ LO
-Surf
-Crunch
-Ice Beam
-Focus Blast

I'll stop. <3

-Find pokemon with slighty higher than average speed and better than base 70 in both attacking stats.
-Give it the best special moves (STAB if possible) it can find from Electric, Grass, Fire, Water, and Ice to beat physical walls.
-Give it one or two powerhouse physical moves to kill Blissey and Cress (fight and dark type get huge rep here).
-Give it a LO or Expert Belt.
-Rename it <insert>Boah
-????
-Profit.
I'll buy one of those Floatzel please.

(I wasn't even aware it could Focus Blast to be honest...)

I can't help it, CS is all about pattern-matching.
And I happen to see this pattern so hard it makes my head hurt.
There are a ton of possibilities, some better then others of course.
I did that in about 5 minutes, too.

Togekiss is one of the better "stall breakers" out there, doing heavy damage to anything not named Blissey/Cresselia (which Togekiss is more than capable of taking out as well), and can usually hax it's way a win since most stall related Pokemon are typically slower.

Chill Murray

get well soon jacoby..
If you're going to beat Blissey with a Special Fighting move, you'd better have insane Special Attack (probably base 120 or higher) and/or STAB.

Attacking it on the Physical side is just so much easier.

tell me what a stall team can do to a clefable?
it packs both softboiled and magic guard,with good defenses and hp,can calm mind up and destroy things with bolt beam,well,blissey can wall,but can do nothing in return.

I've been using a Life Orb'd Tyranitar in my weather changing team, with Rock Polish support from Gliscor, and it seems the LO recoil really hurts it.. maybe Expert Belt should be highly considered instead, so it wouldn't get raped by "smart switching"..

tell me what a stall team can do to a clefable?
it packs both softboiled and magic guard,with good defenses and hp,can calm mind up and destroy things with bolt beam,well,blissey can wall,but can do nothing in return.

A good stall team will have a phazor and an offensive anchor. The rest of your team will rack up damage from the phazor (switches in on calm mind or cosmic power), and when Clefable is the only one left the anchor slays em. (For me, Brick Break Weavile)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)