[Standard] Adventure Games Mafia Sign-Ups

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
(Approved by billymills)

You are fishing in the sewers, but you don't have a fishing rod. How should you proceed? If your answer was to glue a banana onto the end of a rope, then stick a pocket knife in the banana, then you have just the sort of MacGyver ingenuity to play my newest mafia game;

This is a 25 player game with 2 Mafias and a twist. To win, you must solve an Adventure Game Puzzle by assembling three Solution Items. There are a limited number of puzzles and they disappear when solved, so its a race against time and death to win.

Sierra and LucasArts must work as teams to solve a number of puzzles, while the uninformed majority work as Freelancers out for their own goals. This is a game with death. The death of Freelancers reduces the competition, while killing the Mafia weakens these powerful thinktanks.

1. Whilst you are alive you can talk to anyone about the game. Once you are dead you cannot talk to anyone about the game. Knowledge acquired after death cannot be transferred from a dead player to a living player.

2. Every user has a role PM. Role PMs may not be shown to other users on Cycle 1, but starting from Cycle 2 onwards they may be freely distributed. Screenshotting of all forms is banned. If anyone finds a person encouraging others to take screenshots or taking screenshots and showing other people, please be sure to report it.

3. You can paste things told to you by the host. You may fake logs. Do not take pasting of a host conversation as definite proof, these can be faked. If you want to fake a log, feel free to PM the host for assistance. Impersonation of a host or another user however, is banned at all points. Please do not attempt to impersonate in any way.

4. Each cycle will have a deadline of 48 hours. You may vote to lynch users during the cycle by posting "lynch USER" in bold, or "No lynch" if you don't want to lynch anyone (lynch votes will not count if they're not in the correct format!), and if you change your vote, you MUST edit the bolded text out of the old post if you post with a new vote. Once there is a majority as determined by the host, there will be a grace period of 3 hours, and if the majority is still in place after said grace period, the day will end. Please don't ask about when a majority is reached - once it's time for the day to end, it'll end (provided a host is there to update).

4.5. If there's a tie, no player will be lynched.

5. You have 48 hours to send in your action. Please state what you are doing in the PM title, it makes it MUCH easier to handle.

5.5. If you're not going to do anything at night, send a PM titled "Cycle X - Idling". This makes keeping track of things easier and informs me that you're still playing the game.

6. Don't ask me about priorities.

7. This game features items. See the section below the rules for more details.

8. Adventure Games Mafia features a wide variety of characters from many classic Adventure Games. However it also features characters from visual novels, survival horror, and some modern games with heavy adventure game elements. Freelancers come in all shapes and sizes, and can be very mainstream or obscure.

9. Only sign up if you know you're going to be at least fairly active. If I notice that you seem to be idle, I reserve the right to have you forcefully subbed out if necessary. I'll most likely nudge first, though.

10. IRC is pretty much mandatory for a game of this type.

Solution Items - How do they work?

At game start, players have a limited number of Puzzles they know about. You can potentially learn more from other players, but as any player can solve any puzzle people may be tight lipped about this. However, when players die more puzzles will be revealed.

To solve a puzzle you need three specific Solution Items. If you have the right combination of three items, you have solved a puzzle. You start with one item that isn't the solution to your starting puzzle, but could still be used to solve another one.

Players can trade (or give away) Solution Items, and in fact this has the highest priority. Unlike TCG item trades are not set up to be perfect; items are the end goal and not a means to an end.

However you need not only trade one item for another, players can also set up Contracts, trading services for items. A Bodyguard for example could guard a player for 2 cycles in exchange for an item. Both players have to agree to any trade.

Finally, there is a list of discarded items at the beginning of the game. More of these show up as players die. Any player may pick up a discarded item, but by explaining in your PM why the item you want solves a puzzle, your priority will be increased.

Deadline for sign-ups is 48 hours.

Reserved
icecoolblue
zorbees p2
Aura Guardian p2
Ditto p2
Flamestrike p2
Talkinglion p2

P1
Poppycock
Walrein
Veedrock
StevenSnype
imperfectluck
red__kryal
Lightwolf
iiMKUltra
Quagsires
Darkpenguin67
Hydrattler
zorbees
shinyskarmory
Terrador
askaninjask
Thorns
chomz
jalmont747
Destiny Warrior

P2
Nightmare Jigglypuff

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)