[Standard] Overkill Mafia II - Game Abandoned

Destiny Warrior

also known as Darkwing_Duck
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
None of the Rocks actually worked N0. It was a good thing I did the N0 update, since I forgot to mention it to the others.

MM87 didn't do one major thing that could have helped the village. This wasn't mentioned in the PM, but I expected him to ask if he would get back his recruiting power if he targeted a Sand Cannon(yeah, I'm so mean, I expect people to try and figure some stuff out, or at least ASK questions). The answer was: YES. He would get it back, so that was their Sane inspect rigth there. Once the F5 were united under GOlduck, it was just a matter of randomly hitting people with the recruiting power. If they hit a mafia man, HE WOULD BE ALLOWED TO OUT ALL OF HIS TEAMMATES AND RAYQUAZA. SO basically, the village had to do the simple thing in order to obtain all the mafiosos and get killing. I actually thought they would try to convert von, just to see if he was mole or not, but unfortunately, they didn't

And von is correct about lynchpins leading.

@wick: It was the paranoid inspection choice. I had to pick randomly which mafia/your PM would be given to Wendy, and I chose on yours, since then the target would at least not be perceived as a threat to the village.

MM87 didn't do one major thing that could have helped the village. This wasn't mentioned in the PM, but I expected him to ask if he would get back his recruiting power if he targeted a non-sand Cannon(yeah, I'm so mean, I expect people to try and figure some stuff out, or at least ASK questions). The answer was: YES.
I'm going to assume you intended the bolded part to be "Sand Cannon" otherwise, the wording in the part of his PM that I read was very poor (It said he got to use the ability twice, but if what you said wasn't a typo, then it seems that he could use it as many times as he wanted, as long as he didn't hit Sand Cannons?)

Also, I did actually take initiative and ask you about our conversion ability. Here's the PM

Upside said:
Hey, so, Hariyama has a convert ability. Will this work on mafia members? If so, I'd assume that there's a rule about them outing their teammates or something? Thanks!
which you responded with

hailflameblast said:
This will work on any F5 members.

I can niether confirm nor deny the existence of such a rule.
I assume the first line meant that we would lose it if we targeted one of our (the Frosty Five) own members. I also asked you on irc if it would work on mafians (Though the village should have known, as they only could've hit mafia teams), and you said you could "neither confirm nor deny" so we decide not to waste our most powerful ability in a gamble to test whether we could convert mafians. Sounds reasonable, right?

Reading in to the PM a little bit, I see that in the first line, you could've meant, "Recruit abilities will work on the Frosty Five" which implies that they would work on opposing mafia members as well, but it would've been nice if you could've clarified that. Anyways, with this whole "The village could use their recruit as an inspect because it doesn't go away" thing known, the game seems a bit more in balance, but for future reference, it doesn't seem fair to require players to ask questions like that, although it was a fairly obvious question, to make the game balanced. Simply mentioning it in the PM can't possibly be that hard, can it?

Anyways, I still think the Frosty Five got the short end of the stick through all of this. I wish the village would have backed me up a little bit more when I called von out as a mole. I was very curious to see how many people would do what von told them the next night, and I felt we were relatively prepared (Once we talked to MagicMaster, we decided that converts could hit mafians, and we were having him BG by our BG and attempting to convert Luigi/Aura_Guardian/Groudon and we were going for a convert on Diddy Kong, the reviver. I thought we had at least a chance at winning at the time, but once I learned that the mafia could hook our whole team and had pretty much all of those items that make day/night longer, there wasn't really any hope.

Anyways, it was still a very fun game to play. Moles and converts are always an interesting dynamic, and I really enjoy playing in games where they are possible. I think d4-5 would have been very fun if we had made it that far, as it would've been a final push to keep majority away from the mafia.

Also, sorry about the lynch redirect to you, Fangren. Completely my fault.

Destiny Warrior

also known as Darkwing_Duck
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
@Upside: Oops, I meant he would get it back if he targeted a SC.

I admittedly worded what that a bit poorly, same with the reply.

Yeah, well, I'll mention it next time, but since the mafia would come close to an auto-lose if MM knew it right away, I didn't mention it in the PM.

MM87 didn't do one major thing that could have helped the village. This wasn't mentioned in the PM, but I expected him to ask if he would get back his recruiting power if he targeted a Sand Cannon(yeah, I'm so mean, I expect people to try and figure some stuff out, or at least ASK questions). The answer was: YES. He would get it back, so that was their Sane inspect rigth there. Once the F5 were united under GOlduck, it was just a matter of randomly hitting people with the recruiting power. If they hit a mafia man, HE WOULD BE ALLOWED TO OUT ALL OF HIS TEAMMATES AND RAYQUAZA. SO basically, the village had to do the simple thing in order to obtain all the mafiosos and get killing. I actually thought they would try to convert von, just to see if he was mole or not, but unfortunately, they didn't
Eh, not like it really mattered anyways. N0 I hit an NPC and every other night I got hooked or kidnapped, and I see no reason why that wouldn't continue happening until I eventually got killed, since each mafia had a kidnap AND hook, plus Groudon had the ability to increase priority to be unblockable, and I think there was an item that did that as well on the mafia side. Even if I had asked that question and tried spamming recruits, I never would have been successful with it anyways.

Well, if you had asked, you could have gotten Upside to SG you, while you went for the recruits on von.
"plus Groudon had the ability to increase priority to be unblockable"

I don't know if the mafia was actually using that to guarantee a kidnap/hook on me, though. If not, Upside was SUPPOSED to safeguard me N3 when I was going to attempt to recruit, but you guys cancelled the game, so yeah. >_>

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)