[Standard] Peace NOCed down Mafia - The Bribed Win!

Crux

Banned deucer.
I also think that we should hold off on another lynch vote today, if only for lack of any information whatsoever. If we base our lynch off suspicions which are, at best, on shaky ground, we are more than likely to accidentally vote off another villager.

Yes, there are other targets (and I might be making myself one by suggesting this) but in all honestly we've already stuffed up once, we have one of our seven "power roles" out in the open, and there is no real evidence towards TPM at the moment.

In my opinion, if we were to go ahead with a lynch, TPM is not the best target. Spiffy's extreme over reaction to what was obviously a non-serious vote is, to me, highly suspicious, but once again we are lacking any solid evidence, and I'm only basing this suspicion off a hunch.

I think our best option at this moment, considering what has already happened during this day, is to not press ahead with any lynch at all.

When I first checked the thread I'd missed A_G's post so I thought everything was really hopeless when I saw all these serious votes come from a joke vote on what I thought was night 0 lol

Oh dear looks like I created something of a mess. Look guys, the spiffy vote was just me messing around. People say it was me jumping on the bandwagon, but honestly, it had nothing to do with any prior votes casted against spiffy. The second I saw spiffy on the player list I planned that I would vote for him just for a silly little thing to do get a little self-satisfaction. This will sound stupid and problem raise more suspicion, but I honestly planned to change my vote when we got a reliable lead. For the time being I will change it to No Lynch. Should I approach majority before deadline, I will get myself godkilled if it is what you all wish.

Guys, what is the point of J-man god-killing himself if we're just going to no lynch. If you thought no lynch was wrong before, the odds us us getting someone in the mafia are a little bit better now.

Since everyone seems afraid to throw a name out, I will: Lynch TheLucarioEffect

He was quick to point the finger as to why others should be lynched (with bogus reasoning), claimed way too early, and has been quick to jump on bandwagons.

Even if I am wrong, which could happen, we only lose a bandwagoning, inexperienced, basic villager with no role.

Thank Aura_Guardian for not knowing that we set Smogon Time ourselves, and thank everyone else who piped up EST knowing full well that daylight savings time is currently in effect.

J-squared is mafia.

Trust me I'm a doctor.

Crux

Banned deucer.
Even if I am wrong, which could happen, we only lose a bandwagoning, inexperienced, basic villager with no role.
You have absolutely no evidence at all that suggests TLE is mafia at all. You are merely basing this off a hunch. You are attempting to start a bandwagon, which by your own reasoning means we should lynch you.

The reason TLE claimed early and is following bandwagons is because he is inexperienced, this is his first mafia game. Why do you suggest that we randlynch someone just because they are inexperienced?

Thank Aura_Guardian for not knowing that we set Smogon Time ourselves, and thank everyone else who piped up EST knowing full well that daylight savings time is currently in effect.

J-squared is mafia.

Trust me I'm a doctor.
...Why do you think it? I see how proposing a lynch target like so might be evidence, but why exactly?

Yes Crux, everything is a hunch at this point. If you just want us to wait until we know for a fact that someone is mafia, well, we'll probably lose if that's the case.

If all the other villagers just want to lick their wounds and call it a day, that's fine by me.

I'm just saying that when weighing how suspicious he is (in my eyes) vs. what we lose if he's village, he would make a good lynch target.

I want to know why you are so defensive for TLE.

So you know, cardflip has been activated. We may now discuss the next lynch effectively.

Now, call me a fool, but I'm gonna go with billymills here and lynch J-Squared. If after this night is done we find out he's actually village, and J-man actually was village as well, then we ahve ourselves a problem on hand.

Acklow

I am always tired. Don't bother me.
I honestly don't think J-squared is suspicious enough to be lynched. He brought up a viable point; although it IS true TLE is a newb. I mean seriously, J-squared was just bringing up a lynch target. That doesn't mean he's any more suspicious than you billy. You've been constantly changing your targets, and you've gotten away with it with ease? I believe that right now, lynching J-squared would be foolish and pointless. Let him be. We lynched J-man for almost the same exact reason. It's just that J-squared actually has something (albeit a little faulty reasoning) to base his lynch target off of.

Guys, what is the point of J-man god-killing himself if we're just going to no lynch. If you thought no lynch was wrong before, the odds us us getting someone in the mafia are a little bit better now.

Since everyone seems afraid to throw a name out, I will: Lynch TheLucarioEffect

He was quick to point the finger as to why others should be lynched (with bogus reasoning), claimed way too early, and has been quick to jump on bandwagons.

J-squared may or may not be suspicious but let me take a moment to address his concerns.
1 and 2. Quick to point the finger at others (with bogus reasoning), claimed too early: these both fell under the same set of events, so i'll address them both at once. Your original post J-squared about mafia maybe using a couple of new players that could slip through the cracks. This targeted me and everyone with a similar track record (not too many games). I defended myself (and eagerly, when I should have just remained silent) not because I wanted to shift blame off myself personally (you never did mention a name) but simply because I wanted to continue to play mafia. i've seen lots of first timers get picked off early and the rest of the game is people who have played before trying to outwit each other. But i didn't think your logic was faulty, so I went with it and tried to come up with a reasonable explanation (i.e. fitzy). and as for my reasons, it's my first game, maybe i'm not to adept at finding out things like everyone seems to be able to.
As for defending myself now, you called me (specifically) out, and asked me why i was defesive. I'm not gonna be as adamant about the defense as J-man was, but I think you deserve a rebuttal.
and 3. quick to jump on bandwagons: Not exactly. when J-man first was picked on for lynching by billy (which looking back at the events of today, was more random than anything) i wanted to see what J-man had to say first.
the fitzy thing i've explained. As for the one bandwagon, it was for J-man (i don't think anyone would say he wasn't acting suspicious) and after evidence (that made sense to me, like my "suspicious" activities make sense to you).

Satisfied?

and crux, i'm having trouble with the J-man/J-squared thing too

Ok, let's think this through a little bit:

1. If I was mafia, why would I come out with a lynch target and put un-needed pressure on myself, when it looks like the village is doing just fine lynching itself.

2. I'm not sure if this is why Raverist is trying to lynch me, but I have a guess. I said earlier that if the person with the real card-flip role is out there, they should come out so we could lynch Raverist. The real reason was to get them to come out so we could lynch the person who claimed, not Raverist, and have Raverist prove his role tonight (hoping for some inexperienced players, and it was worth a try). If this was wasn't NOC, I would have let Raverist know this, but, alas, I could not. Does this sound like a mafia plot?

If you want to lynch me for throwing out a name, go right ahead. But at least try to use some logic...

And TLE, and I am satisfied. I will retract my vote. No Lynch

Acklow

I am always tired. Don't bother me.
Right now, this seems the most reasonable. We don't want another mislynch. Hunches and suspicions have only gotten a villager killed, so I believe that No Lynch is the most reasonable way to use this deadline (albiet a very naive way).

Well, putting things this way, I'll no lynch for now. However, as I've stated before, and as folk have sussed by now, I have the cardflip role and have shot one round off this cycle.

Yeti

dark saturday
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
imo we should lynch someone. if we keep no lynching because there's no information, and how much information do we expect to gather?, we'll lose 100%.

lynch j-squared

if you don't like it too bad. i think it's the best option at this point in time. not that my vote will provide majority when there's a dozen "no lynch"es posted anyways.

Ok, let's think this through a little bit:

1. If I was mafia, why would I come out with a lynch target and put un-needed pressure on myself, when it looks like the village is doing just fine lynching itself.
Oh I love these excuses.

if I were _____, I certainly wouldn't be stupid and do _____

Unless you somehow prove your competence before hand, I don't give a shit.

2. I'm not sure if this is why Raverist is trying to lynch me, but I have a guess. I said earlier that if the person with the real card-flip role is out there, they should come out so we could lynch Raverist. The real reason was to get them to come out so we could lynch the person who claimed, not Raverist, and have Raverist prove his role tonight (hoping for some inexperienced players, and it was worth a try). If this was wasn't NOC, I would have let Raverist know this, but, alas, I could not. Does this sound like a mafia plot?
Bullshit, you just wanted an to figure out who the card flipper was. Nice try but no.

If you want to lynch me for throwing out a name, go right ahead. But at least try to use some logic...

And TLE, and I am satisfied. I will retract my vote. No Lynch
OH SHIT IT BACKFIRED LET'S NO LYNCH AND HOPE THERE'S NO MORE DAMAGE.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)