Rejected - Inactive Standardize the size of room tabs and make them smaller

pants

*dies inconveniently*
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Screenshot_76.png

I have 10 rooms on autojoin, mostly because I never remember to check the rest when they don't appear on top of my rooms (for example, Other Metas is currently cut off) and if I added any rooms, modlogs, or anything of the such, I would have to manually click the drop down menu to even see if I was highlighted or anything. This also changes based on the length of the names of the rooms you are in (for example, Random Battles has a much wider tab than Overused. All in all, I'm missing adding 5 rooms to autojoin because I would have to go out of my way to see them anyways, and to be honest, it doesn't look very attractive either.

I'd like to suggest that the width of the tabs be standardized, and be made much smaller than they currently are so as to fit more rooms across the top without having to use the drop down.

The best way I could really see this happening would be to adopt something similar to how Chrome handles a lot of tabs. Essentially, every tab has the same length, and the size of the tabs depends on the number of overall tabs. Obviously, once the tabs become too small, they aren't readable, but you can just hover over them to see what they are (or they could expand when you hover over them). Doing this would allow you to see all room tabs at once (up to a certain point if necessary, preferably higher than the current autojoin limit of 15), and be able to keep an eye on highlights and such in the right-most rooms.

Screenshot_78.png

This is what having a relatively low number of tabs looks like. Mostly readable, with all of the tabs at the same size.

Screenshot_79.png

This is what having a much higher number of tabs looks like. Much less readable, but all tabs are visible (which would be useful for how highlights in other rooms work on PS!), and hovering over any particular tab shows the full name (and url in the case of Chrome) of that tab.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)