Starter Overload - Round 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Valmanway

My jimmies remain unrustled
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Valmanway Due to conflicting schedules and bad timezones, NicoReaper and I will only be able to play on Saturday. Could we get an extension till then?
You can try to get things done in the next round, or maybe you could complete it during a possible extension.
wait... there are only 19 pairings? how on earth does this tournament proceed from here? pair up 8 and give someone a bye? then you've got nine, so pair up four and give someone else a bye...? Valmanway

even if they're not "keeping up to date" despite not actually being given an alert from your tags in the previous thread, you are going to have to pick winners from those pairings by activity from their VM walls or with a coinflip if no activity is shown / there is an even amount of activity. you can't decide that people who don't respond are ejected, especially if some actually went through and contacted opps to no response.

on top of that, even if people aren't actively checking the round 1 thread (as is unfortunately to be expected from Type B and C tournaments where people have to get off their lazy asses and build teams), someone from the pairing needs to go on if only to preserve an even amount of people in future rounds and make sure the tournament runs smoothly.

i mean, i was given the win by my opponent... and just because i neglected to read the Round 1 thread after being given the win is definitely not a reason to be disqualified haha
I'm sorry, I won't let this happen again. <:( Also we'll have to give byes to some people to get things to work out.

antemortem

is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Socialization Head
we're trying our hardest to get it done today but our timezone conflict is truly awful, might have to request extension to Saturday if we can't get it done in ~10 - 12 hours

shartruce

Chartreuse Charmanders/ US WEST 2015!
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnus
heh forgot there was no megas in this tour, so just giving the win to raseri when i accidentally brought mega venu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)