Steam Summer sale

BIT.TRIP RUNNER has a Steam-sold PC version, which is what this thread is about (Steam). It was on sale at a huge discount a week or so ago. I picked it up for like $2 each on BIT.TRIP RUNNER and BEAT. They're pretty fun and challenging. I think $2 was quite a good price.

Can anyone here tell me if it's worth getting Fallout 3, non-GOTY? The DLC all up is like $12, whereas it's an extra dollar for GOTY, but I'm literally $0.60 short of GOTY and someone spent all my money. =\ I'm upset enough to be missing the ME sales without this bullshit too.

BIT.TRIP RUNNER has a Steam-sold PC version, which is what this thread is about (Steam). It was on sale at a huge discount a week or so ago. I picked it up for like $2 each on BIT.TRIP RUNNER and BEAT. They're pretty fun and challenging. I think $2 was quite a good price.

Can anyone here tell me if it's worth getting Fallout 3, non-GOTY? The DLC all up is like $12, whereas it's an extra dollar for GOTY, but I'm literally $0.60 short of GOTY and someone spent all my money. =\ I'm upset enough to be missing the ME sales without this bullshit too.
There's a whole bunch to do in Fallout 3 Stand alone, the main thing about Fallout 3 DLC is Broken Steel, which increases the level cap from 20 to 30. I haven't completed most DLC for Fallout 3 and its still a great game, much better than Fallout NV

My father was a big fan of the classic PC FPSes back in the 90's and was thrilled to see Duke Nukem at half price. He's well aware the game's suppose to be terrible, but he's still really anxious to give it a try.

On the subject of Garry's Mod, I bought it for $2.50 about two days ago for my brother's birthday and he loves it. Half of the fun seems to just come from toybox downloads and hwm facial posing!

cookie

my wish like everyone else is to be seen
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
lol I've so far built a remote-controlled bomber which is awesome

also attaching thrusters to torpedoes to make cruise missiles is so cool

And the long-awaited Portal 2 sale finally comes...for $25 I'm not sure whether or not I'll bite, it's a much more sane price than it was at release but still not cheap for how long it's supposed to be.

Besides that I dunno...I might grab PoP Sands of Time which was supposed to be great on PS2 way back in the day but I never got around to playing, or one of the Hitman games.

Hopefully the next day isn't just encore sales, I was hoping for daily deals on Morrowind and Metro 2033.

monkfish

what are birds? we just don't know.
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
prince of persia sot is badass. unfortunately its greatness persuaded me to also buy warrior within and two thrones which are kind of dull. but apparently theres another one that i was not aware of that is also in the sale so i am getting that :) and portal 2 and terraria

god im spending like £20 a day on games and i have had literally no time to play any of them. i havent even finished downloading yesterdays batch. this sale week needs to end!

There's some neat stuff you can get with the Summer Camp Tickets, including a free game and a TF2 item.

Alright the sale is almost over and a recap of what I bought.

Braid
Counter Strike: Source
Garry's Mod
Toki Tori
Torchlight
Trine
Deus Ex: GOTY
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness, Episode One
On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness, Episode Two

I tried to restrain myself from buying games I'll never play and I think it worked out. The majority of the games I've bought I've seemed to enjoy.

Since it's the final day, I'm wondering if I should get Sanctum or not.

Way to go Witcher 2 are your wimpy-ass discount. I think I should pick up Episodes of Liberty City for only 10$, as I have yet to play it somehow

Witcher 2's discount is actually pretty good considering that it came out less than 2 months ago, I'd say its worth it especially if you have a fast computer.

Anyways, my purchases:
KotOR: $2.49
Just Cause 2: $4.99
Amnesia: $4.99
Dragon Age Origins Ultimate: $10.20
Stalker SoC: $4.99
Half-Life 2 ep1: $1.99 (already had e2)

bout $30 total. Several of the games I wanted like Fallout NV and ME2 went on sale elsewhere beforehand and Morrowind/Metro 2033 didn't go on sale at all, I got everything else I wanted though and an impulse buy or two.

so is today's sale just repeat of everything?
Here are some games that I recommend that I tried out or already own, especially for the price they are going on now

Battefield: Bad Company 2
The bad company series aren't as expansive as the original Battlefield 2, but they do offer some unique features that run similar to modern fps these days. The best way to describe this game imo, is like a bigger and more teambased version of COD WITHOUT notable perks. If you like playing with objectives, helping teams and generally feel like being in a war, this game is definitely for you especially in it's 75% off ($5 only! or $10 with all the dlc)

Borderlands
this game takes modern fps to a different level AND IT WORKS. A RPGFPS. That works with 4 player co-op. Hell yeah.
Interesting storyline, loads of missions and very very fun DLC this game is a must play especially when it claims to have a bajillion guns through a gun randomiser system. The game can get repetitive as you start to notice same monsters/enemis just bigger or different colours and cell shaded graphics do turn people off. Still, multiplayer co-op is a big reason I'll get this and for $7.50 for the GOTY too.

Trine
falls under the indie category, this game is new, fresh and definitely fun. It's a puzzle platformer which utilizes each of three available classes: mage, knight and thief(archer). Each character has their own abilities and you use each to solve puzzles. The game is very challenging, and slightly rewarding if you manage to find secret treasure. I find it a bit too challenging: you'll notice your health drop down fast and characters would instantly die sometimes to a mistake. The game is bug free as far as I noticed and it provides a very detailed atmosphere with appropriate graphic and background choices along with the music and song effects.
The MAJOR thing that turns off this game that it isn't online multiplayer, players need to be connected to your computer with controllers or sharing same keyboard to play co-operatively.
Still, fun game worth $5 to help out an indie company. from this, the rest of their game development ideas seem promising

I guess everyone else can write a few recommendations from now on haha, especially since steam sale is going to end

Am really disappointed that I missed out on Fallout 3 and ME 1/2, but here's what I got off the top of my head. Probably missing some, since I haven't even downloaded them all yet! I'm happy with my purchases.

BIT.TRIP BEAT
BIT.TRIP RUNNER
Batman: Arkham Asylum GOTY
Beat Hazard + Beat Hazard Ultra
Bioshock
Borderlands GOTY
Half-Life
Just Cause 2
Killing Floor
Left 4 Dead 2
Magicka
Plants vs. Zombies: GOTY
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
Super Meat Boy
Terraria
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion GOTY

There were some I would have liked to get, but I didn't have money on the day. But mostly Fallout and ME.

It's okay, though. Between the DS and the PC, I have so many games to play that I won't be done by my birthday, let alone the Christmas sale.......

noobster

space cowboy
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnuswon the 2nd Official Smogon Tournament
man, the steam sale gobbled up my wallet :(

list of games i got:

Bioshock
Borderlands
Braid
Fallout 3
Rockstar Classics Pack (GTA 1,2,3,Vice City, San Andreas)
Half-Life 1 and 2
Just Cause 2
Left 4 Dead 2
Mass Effect
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic

as others have mentioned, i'm going to be entertained for a long, long time.

if you haven't gotten braid, I recommend it x 1000. Beautiful and charming puzzle-platformer with a decent challenge and secrets that will be worth doing a second run through for.

I bought these games over the sale period:

-Morrowind Game of the Year
-Fallout 3 - Game of the Year
-Quake 2007 Collection
-Fallout: New Vegas
-Just Cause 2
-Recettear: An Item Shop's Tale
-Borderlands GOTY

and I gifted Terraria to someone :D

If anyone wants to co-op Borderlands I would be more than down.

UGH

Can you guys purchase games? Steam is not letting me use my $8.32 in my steam wallet >_< If anybody comes online in the next couple of hours and is feeling generous, can you gift me Just Cause 2? I can gift you back a game after my ticket is resolved or i could just paypal you the money. My steam account is venserpw.

Couldn't buy a shit because I can't use my card currently, woo-hoo. Got Alien Breed 2 and KF char pack through the ticket system though. Need 1 more ticket for the TF2 item, but 1) I am too lazy to get it, and 2) I don't play TF2 that much. So, go me?

picked up Borderlands GOTY ($7.50) and Couterstrike: Source ($13.39). The bank decided to take two weeks to send me my debit card, and so i missed source for $5 by a few hours. I opened the sales one day, and was overjoyed to see it was finally a daily deal... with 7 seconds left on it. Broke down and bout it for $13 yesterday, didn't feel like waiting until December for another good deal on it, and $13 is better than $20.

not much else really interested me, i'd already pirated and played pretty much everything of interest that was on sale. Only picked up Borderlands and Source because of multiplayer.

Seven Deadly Sins

~hallelujah~
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I got the Mass Effect pack gifted to me by a friend, and I have to say that it's pretty damn good so far. Makes me wish I'd gotten it when it first came out, really.

pookar

Banned deucer.
lol

Killing Floor
Beat Hazard
Just Cause 2

was thinking about either/both fallouts but id rather play them on xbox anyway

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)