stop changing this thread's title, mormons

Discussion in 'Locked / Outdated Analyses' started by TrollFreak, May 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TrollFreak

TrollFreak (╮°-°)╮┳━┳ (╯°□°)╯ ┻━┻
    is a Contributor Alumnus

[​IMG]
    Metang

Ok, does this really need an analysis on-site? It sucks in NU, and I don't see how its any better in RU, but w/e

Also, sorry for the some of the abbeviations in the skeleton, I hope by now everyone knows when I write this up, it won't look anything like this!

[Overview]

- Cool Pokemon, sadly not much going in RU
    - However, they are some perps, Steel / Psychic typing gives it 8 resistances and an immunity
    - 60 / 100 / 80 Defenses made even better with Evolite
    - However, not much it can do thats outclasseed
    - Also, with common Fire and Ground-type weaknesses, its easy to beat, espically with only base 75 Attack
    - No recovery at all, which makes it easier to beat (no leftovers also)

[SET]
    name: Dual Screens
    move 1: Reflect
    move 2: Light Screen
    move 3: Stealth Rock / Earthquake
    move 4: Meteor Mash
    item: Light Clay / Eviolite
    nature: Impish
    evs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD

[SET COMMENTS]

- Best it can do, I guess....
    - Dual Screens support helps teammates, so not too much explaning here
    - Stealth Rock is nice, as it helps support sweepers / weaken Pokemon on the switch
    - EQ can be used however to hit Electric and Fire-type Pokemon such as Manectric and Entei on the switch
    - Meteor Mash is STAB, and base 100 Attack isn't bad

[AC]

- 252 HP / 252 Def Maximize physical bulk, with 4 SpD to increase Special Bulk slightly
    - 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD can be used, but the physical one is better at taking on Pokemon such as Aerodactly
    - Light Clay maximizes Screen time, but Eviolite makes its defenses skyrocket
    - Wish support is nice as Metang can't heal by itself, so pokes such as Shelgon, Lickilicky and Leafeon make great partners as they can pass on wishes to Metang
    - Pokemon that can switch in on Metang's weakness also make great partners
    - Offensive partners, such as Altaria, Aerodactyl, and Moltres all work, resisting Fire-type attacks while being immune to Ground-type attacks, and all can use the Screens to set up or attack in Moltres's case
    - SD and DD Gator also makes a great partner, clearing out both Ground and Fire-type Pokemon with a powerful Warerfall / Aqua Jet
    - Thick Fat Harriyama and Kabutops as well as Omastar make good partners as well
    - Grass-type Pokemon can switch in on an EQ and use Grass-type STAB to threaten them out, but Fire-type weakness racks up

[Other Options]

- Toxic
    - Gravity
    - Sunny Day or Rain Dance
    - Magnet Rise
    - ThunderPunch
    - Zen Headbutt
    - Pursuit
    - Rock Slide
    - Ice Punch
    - Bullet Punch
    - Choice Band with a mix of all of the above and Trick, but you know you wanna use something else
    - Gyro Ball
    - Hone Claws
    - Agility or Rock Polish

[Checks and Counters]

- Kill it with Fire, literally!
    - Moltres doesn't care about anything Metang can use other than Rock Slide or ThunderPunch, and can easily roast it with Fire Blast or sub in its face
    - Charizard is the same thing, only it can roast or set up Sun in its face
    - Magneton traps Metang's w/o EQ, and set up a sub, in its face, , and even if it did have EQ, Magnet Rise trumps that as well
    - Ferroseed uses Metang as set up bait for hazards, and Leech Seed will also wear it down since it doesn't have any recovery
    - Aggron just smashes through it with EQ
    - Crawdaunt, Gator, Slowking, and Poliwrath just use this as set up bait
    - Rotom and Rotom-C are immune to EQ and resist Meteor Mash, and both can use Trick to cripple it, or set up a sub, or burn with Will-O-Wisp
    - Confag, Uxie, Dusknoir, Tangrowth all tank attacks easily, with the ghosts using WIll-O-Wisp to cripple it, Uxie using Trick Scarf to cripple, or setting up a sub and proceed to Calm Mind, and Tangrowth can attack Metang's weaker side with Focus Blast
    - Taunt users, such as Whimsi and Aero can shut it down so it can't set up
    - If you can't beat Metang, quit RU and go to Battling 101, I'm serious
  2. Oglemi

Oglemi #bananarepublic
    is a Tournament Directoris a member of the Site Staffis a Super Moderatoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
    C&C Leader

QC Rejected 1/3

Metang sucks let's get it off site...........................
  3. TrollFreak

TrollFreak (╮°-°)╮┳━┳ (╯°□°)╯ ┻━┻
    is a Contributor Alumnus

Hell, no problems from my end, if you guys wanna remove it go right ahead
  4. Omicron

Omicron
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Even in NU nobody uses this piece of shit

5. Texas Cloverleaf

Texas Cloverleaf meh
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Server Moderatoris a Contributor Alumnus

What Oglemi said

QC GTFO 2/3
  6. -Tsunami-

-Tsunami- ¡YA HA!
    is a Smogon IRC AOPis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Team Rater Alumnusis a SPL Winneris a World Cup of Pokemon defending champion
    Mentor

Rejecting this on the basis that it completely fucks over my noobass NU Baton Pass Team.

QC REJECTED 3/3
  7. Steamroll

Steamroll resident PS fascist
    is a Smogon IRC AOPis a Battle Server Moderator

and I thought some idiot was pushing this again in NU @_@. Seriously Metang users need to be slapped with a trout for being so dumb. it's shit. stop trying.
  8. Solace

Solace i sneezed on the beat and the beat got sicker
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus
    Mentor

moving to l&o as requested!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)