1. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

stop changing this thread's title, mormons

Discussion in 'Locked / Outdated Analyses' started by TrollFreak, May 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TrollFreak

TrollFreak (╮°-°)╮┳━┳ (╯°□°)╯ ┻━┻
    is a Contributor Alumnus

[​IMG]
    Metang

Ok, does this really need an analysis on-site? It sucks in NU, and I don't see how its any better in RU, but w/e

Also, sorry for the some of the abbeviations in the skeleton, I hope by now everyone knows when I write this up, it won't look anything like this!

[Overview]

- Cool Pokemon, sadly not much going in RU
    - However, they are some perps, Steel / Psychic typing gives it 8 resistances and an immunity
    - 60 / 100 / 80 Defenses made even better with Evolite
    - However, not much it can do thats outclasseed
    - Also, with common Fire and Ground-type weaknesses, its easy to beat, espically with only base 75 Attack
    - No recovery at all, which makes it easier to beat (no leftovers also)

[SET]
    name: Dual Screens
    move 1: Reflect
    move 2: Light Screen
    move 3: Stealth Rock / Earthquake
    move 4: Meteor Mash
    item: Light Clay / Eviolite
    nature: Impish
    evs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD

[SET COMMENTS]

- Best it can do, I guess....
    - Dual Screens support helps teammates, so not too much explaning here
    - Stealth Rock is nice, as it helps support sweepers / weaken Pokemon on the switch
    - EQ can be used however to hit Electric and Fire-type Pokemon such as Manectric and Entei on the switch
    - Meteor Mash is STAB, and base 100 Attack isn't bad

[AC]

- 252 HP / 252 Def Maximize physical bulk, with 4 SpD to increase Special Bulk slightly
    - 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD can be used, but the physical one is better at taking on Pokemon such as Aerodactly
    - Light Clay maximizes Screen time, but Eviolite makes its defenses skyrocket
    - Wish support is nice as Metang can't heal by itself, so pokes such as Shelgon, Lickilicky and Leafeon make great partners as they can pass on wishes to Metang
    - Pokemon that can switch in on Metang's weakness also make great partners
    - Offensive partners, such as Altaria, Aerodactyl, and Moltres all work, resisting Fire-type attacks while being immune to Ground-type attacks, and all can use the Screens to set up or attack in Moltres's case
    - SD and DD Gator also makes a great partner, clearing out both Ground and Fire-type Pokemon with a powerful Warerfall / Aqua Jet
    - Thick Fat Harriyama and Kabutops as well as Omastar make good partners as well
    - Grass-type Pokemon can switch in on an EQ and use Grass-type STAB to threaten them out, but Fire-type weakness racks up

[Other Options]

- Toxic
    - Gravity
    - Sunny Day or Rain Dance
    - Magnet Rise
    - ThunderPunch
    - Zen Headbutt
    - Pursuit
    - Rock Slide
    - Ice Punch
    - Bullet Punch
    - Choice Band with a mix of all of the above and Trick, but you know you wanna use something else
    - Gyro Ball
    - Hone Claws
    - Agility or Rock Polish

[Checks and Counters]

- Kill it with Fire, literally!
    - Moltres doesn't care about anything Metang can use other than Rock Slide or ThunderPunch, and can easily roast it with Fire Blast or sub in its face
    - Charizard is the same thing, only it can roast or set up Sun in its face
    - Magneton traps Metang's w/o EQ, and set up a sub, in its face, , and even if it did have EQ, Magnet Rise trumps that as well
    - Ferroseed uses Metang as set up bait for hazards, and Leech Seed will also wear it down since it doesn't have any recovery
    - Aggron just smashes through it with EQ
    - Crawdaunt, Gator, Slowking, and Poliwrath just use this as set up bait
    - Rotom and Rotom-C are immune to EQ and resist Meteor Mash, and both can use Trick to cripple it, or set up a sub, or burn with Will-O-Wisp
    - Confag, Uxie, Dusknoir, Tangrowth all tank attacks easily, with the ghosts using WIll-O-Wisp to cripple it, Uxie using Trick Scarf to cripple, or setting up a sub and proceed to Calm Mind, and Tangrowth can attack Metang's weaker side with Focus Blast
    - Taunt users, such as Whimsi and Aero can shut it down so it can't set up
    - If you can't beat Metang, quit RU and go to Battling 101, I'm serious
  2. Oglemi

Oglemi THE DREAM IS REAL
    is a Tournament Directoris a member of the Site Staffis a Community Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris an Administratoris a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
    C&C Leader

QC Rejected 1/3

Metang sucks let's get it off site...........................
  3. TrollFreak

TrollFreak (╮°-°)╮┳━┳ (╯°□°)╯ ┻━┻
    is a Contributor Alumnus

Hell, no problems from my end, if you guys wanna remove it go right ahead
  4. Omicron

Omicron
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Even in NU nobody uses this piece of shit

5. Texas Cloverleaf

Texas Cloverleaf meh
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

What Oglemi said

QC GTFO 2/3
  6. -Tsunami-

-Tsunami- ¡YA HA!
    is a Smogon Social Media Contributoris a Smogon IRC AOPis a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Past WCoP Winneris a SPL Winner

Rejecting this on the basis that it completely fucks over my noobass NU Baton Pass Team.

QC REJECTED 3/3
  7. Steamroll

Steamroll Tasty
    is a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

and I thought some idiot was pushing this again in NU @_@. Seriously Metang users need to be slapped with a trout for being so dumb. it's shit. stop trying.
  8. Solace

Solace darling i'm a nightmare dressed like a daydream
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

moving to l&o as requested!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)