stop changing this thread's title, mormons

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrollFreak

(╮°-°)╮┳━┳ (╯°□°)╯ ┻━┻
is a Contributor Alumnus

Metang

Ok, does this really need an analysis on-site? It sucks in NU, and I don't see how its any better in RU, but w/e

Also, sorry for the some of the abbeviations in the skeleton, I hope by now everyone knows when I write this up, it won't look anything like this!

[Overview]

- Cool Pokemon, sadly not much going in RU
- However, they are some perps, Steel / Psychic typing gives it 8 resistances and an immunity
- 60 / 100 / 80 Defenses made even better with Evolite
- However, not much it can do thats outclasseed
- Also, with common Fire and Ground-type weaknesses, its easy to beat, espically with only base 75 Attack
- No recovery at all, which makes it easier to beat (no leftovers also)

[SET]
name: Dual Screens
move 1: Reflect
move 2: Light Screen
move 3: Stealth Rock / Earthquake
move 4: Meteor Mash
item: Light Clay / Eviolite
nature: Impish
evs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD

[SET COMMENTS]

- Best it can do, I guess....
- Dual Screens support helps teammates, so not too much explaning here
- Stealth Rock is nice, as it helps support sweepers / weaken Pokemon on the switch
- EQ can be used however to hit Electric and Fire-type Pokemon such as Manectric and Entei on the switch
- Meteor Mash is STAB, and base 100 Attack isn't bad

[AC]

- 252 HP / 252 Def Maximize physical bulk, with 4 SpD to increase Special Bulk slightly
- 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD can be used, but the physical one is better at taking on Pokemon such as Aerodactly
- Light Clay maximizes Screen time, but Eviolite makes its defenses skyrocket
- Wish support is nice as Metang can't heal by itself, so pokes such as Shelgon, Lickilicky and Leafeon make great partners as they can pass on wishes to Metang
- Pokemon that can switch in on Metang's weakness also make great partners
- Offensive partners, such as Altaria, Aerodactyl, and Moltres all work, resisting Fire-type attacks while being immune to Ground-type attacks, and all can use the Screens to set up or attack in Moltres's case
- SD and DD Gator also makes a great partner, clearing out both Ground and Fire-type Pokemon with a powerful Warerfall / Aqua Jet
- Thick Fat Harriyama and Kabutops as well as Omastar make good partners as well
- Grass-type Pokemon can switch in on an EQ and use Grass-type STAB to threaten them out, but Fire-type weakness racks up

[Other Options]

- Toxic
- Gravity
- Sunny Day or Rain Dance
- Magnet Rise
- ThunderPunch
- Zen Headbutt
- Pursuit
- Rock Slide
- Ice Punch
- Bullet Punch
- Choice Band with a mix of all of the above and Trick, but you know you wanna use something else
- Gyro Ball
- Hone Claws
- Agility or Rock Polish

[Checks and Counters]

- Kill it with Fire, literally!
- Moltres doesn't care about anything Metang can use other than Rock Slide or ThunderPunch, and can easily roast it with Fire Blast or sub in its face
- Charizard is the same thing, only it can roast or set up Sun in its face
- Magneton traps Metang's w/o EQ, and set up a sub, in its face, , and even if it did have EQ, Magnet Rise trumps that as well
- Ferroseed uses Metang as set up bait for hazards, and Leech Seed will also wear it down since it doesn't have any recovery
- Aggron just smashes through it with EQ
- Crawdaunt, Gator, Slowking, and Poliwrath just use this as set up bait
- Rotom and Rotom-C are immune to EQ and resist Meteor Mash, and both can use Trick to cripple it, or set up a sub, or burn with Will-O-Wisp
- Confag, Uxie, Dusknoir, Tangrowth all tank attacks easily, with the ghosts using WIll-O-Wisp to cripple it, Uxie using Trick Scarf to cripple, or setting up a sub and proceed to Calm Mind, and Tangrowth can attack Metang's weaker side with Focus Blast
- Taunt users, such as Whimsi and Aero can shut it down so it can't set up
- If you can't beat Metang, quit RU and go to Battling 101, I'm serious

TrollFreak

(╮°-°)╮┳━┳ (╯°□°)╯ ┻━┻
is a Contributor Alumnus
Hell, no problems from my end, if you guys wanna remove it go right ahead

and I thought some idiot was pushing this again in NU @_@. Seriously Metang users need to be slapped with a trout for being so dumb. it's shit. stop trying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)