1. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Storm Gods- Rain Dance Team

Discussion in 'BW OU Teams' started by Crowspeaker, Jul 7, 2012.

1. Doom Dawg

Doom Dawg

I have tested the team in all kinds of ways... THREATS are Blissey, Conkeldurr and other wall kinds...

team (open)
    Lakshmi (Vaporeon) @ Damp Rock
    Trait: Hydration
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spd
    Bold Nature
    - Wish
    - Scald
    - Rest
    - Rain Dance
    Allah (Mamoswine) @ Focus Sash
    Trait: Thick Fat
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    Adamant Nature
    - Ice Shard
    - Stealth Rock
    - Earthquake
    - Endeavor
    Zeus (Raikou) @ Expert Belt
    Trait: Pressure
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Modest Nature
    IVs: 30 Atk / 30 Def
    - Thunder
    - Weather Ball
    - Aura Sphere
    - Hidden Power
    Tlaloc (Volcarona) @ Lum Berry
    Trait: Flame Body
    EVs: 240 HP / 216 Def / 52 Spd
    Bold Nature
    - Quiver Dance
    - Bug Buzz
    - Hurricane
    - Giga Drain
    Neptune (Kingdra) @ Chesto Berry
    Trait: Swift Swim
    EVs: 252 Atk / 152 Def / 104 Spd
    Adamant Nature
    - Waterfall
    - Outrage
    - Rest
    - Rain Dance
    Loki (Scrafty) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Shed Skin
    EVs: 252 HP / 8 Atk / 248 SDef
    Careful Nature
    - Bulk Up
    - Drain Punch
    - Crunch
    - Rain Dance

This is an importable of the team I tested and had most success with. I am trying to fit a Steel type somewhere, Dragonite plows through this team like hot knife in butter.
  2. Crowspeaker

Crowspeaker

Yeah, I've noticed a bit of a problem with Dragonites, too. What about testing out a Metagross with Ice Punch in that last slot, in place of Mamoswine/Landorus? I'm leaning towards a Trick + Iron Ball set with Trick, Meteor Mash, Earthquake, and Ice Punch, but a Stealth Rock set could be plausible too?
  3. Doom Dawg

Doom Dawg

Yes, but I would use a priority Bullet Punch instead of Meteor Mash. This will not be able to impair Dragonite. I love Dnite and I know almost all sets, and lets suppose a normal Dragon Dance, Fire Punch, EQ/Extremespeed and Outrage. Metagross might enter against a locked Outrage. But the EQ and Fire Punch in sun from a Max Atk obliterates it. But still it is a solution to the team, Rain makes Mamo 4x weak to water anyways, I soon will try Metagross with a Bullet and Ice Punch set.
  4. Crowspeaker

Crowspeaker

Alright, now that Showdown is back up, I'm testing out this Metagross on my team as my latest attempt at a bulky Earthquaker:

[​IMG]
    Hephaestus (Metagross) @ Iron Ball
    Trait: Clear Body
    EVs: 236 HP / 252 Atk / 20 Spd
    Adamant Nature
    - Trick
    - Bullet Punch
    - Ice Punch
    - Earthquake

I've only run this guy through a handful of battles, so far, but so far he sees a lot more use than any of his predecessors! I keep screwing myself over with mispredictions, but once I get that sorted out, I feel like Metagross should work out pretty nicely. It certainly does a nice job of countering the Haxoruses that were wrecking havoc on my team beforehand.

On a note largely unrelated to Metagross, I've been noticing lately that I have a big problem battling scarfed Tornadus-T. With a scarf, it can outspeed even Kingdra-in-rain, and that stupid Hurricane smashes through basically everything on my team in 1-2 turns. If I get insanely lucky and play my cards right, I can occasionally manage to either trick an Iron Ball onto it (if I predict right with Metagross) or hit it with Waterfall if it comes in on full-HP Kingdra (who takes two turns to be knocked out by Hurricane, whereas Tornadus-T is usually OHKOed by Waterfall), but I would appreciate having a more reliable way of countering it, because they're pretty omnipresent, and they pretty effectively wipe the floor with my entire team.
  5. Doom Dawg

Doom Dawg

Magnezone perhaps is a solution... it takes out the Steel types for Kingdra outrages and it resists that Tornadus like a boss. Using a set like this might help. Magnezone can Volt-switch maintaining momentum will be really useful against Tornadus that is quite frail, Thunderbolt is to sweep, HP Fire to remove the steel types and Flash Cannon is a powerful move that will most likely cover what T-bolt does not. The scarf is to outspeed and is quite awesome in itself...

Show Hide
    Magnezone @ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Magnet Pull
    EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
    Timid Nature (+Spe, -Atk)
    - Volt Switch
    - Thunderbolt
    - Flash Cannon
    - HP Fire

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)