Storm Gods- Rain Dance Team

I have tested the team in all kinds of ways... THREATS are Blissey, Conkeldurr and other wall kinds...

Lakshmi (Vaporeon) @ Damp Rock
Trait: Hydration
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spd
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Scald
- Rest
- Rain Dance
Allah (Mamoswine) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Thick Fat
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Ice Shard
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Endeavor
Zeus (Raikou) @ Expert Belt
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 Def
- Thunder
- Weather Ball
- Aura Sphere
- Hidden Power
Tlaloc (Volcarona) @ Lum Berry
Trait: Flame Body
EVs: 240 HP / 216 Def / 52 Spd
Bold Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Bug Buzz
- Hurricane
- Giga Drain
Neptune (Kingdra) @ Chesto Berry
Trait: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 Atk / 152 Def / 104 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Outrage
- Rest
- Rain Dance
Loki (Scrafty) @ Leftovers
Trait: Shed Skin
EVs: 252 HP / 8 Atk / 248 SDef
Careful Nature
- Bulk Up
- Drain Punch
- Crunch
- Rain Dance

This is an importable of the team I tested and had most success with. I am trying to fit a Steel type somewhere, Dragonite plows through this team like hot knife in butter.

Yeah, I've noticed a bit of a problem with Dragonites, too. What about testing out a Metagross with Ice Punch in that last slot, in place of Mamoswine/Landorus? I'm leaning towards a Trick + Iron Ball set with Trick, Meteor Mash, Earthquake, and Ice Punch, but a Stealth Rock set could be plausible too?

Yes, but I would use a priority Bullet Punch instead of Meteor Mash. This will not be able to impair Dragonite. I love Dnite and I know almost all sets, and lets suppose a normal Dragon Dance, Fire Punch, EQ/Extremespeed and Outrage. Metagross might enter against a locked Outrage. But the EQ and Fire Punch in sun from a Max Atk obliterates it. But still it is a solution to the team, Rain makes Mamo 4x weak to water anyways, I soon will try Metagross with a Bullet and Ice Punch set.

Alright, now that Showdown is back up, I'm testing out this Metagross on my team as my latest attempt at a bulky Earthquaker:

Hephaestus (Metagross) @ Iron Ball
Trait: Clear Body
EVs: 236 HP / 252 Atk / 20 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Trick
- Bullet Punch
- Ice Punch
- Earthquake

I've only run this guy through a handful of battles, so far, but so far he sees a lot more use than any of his predecessors! I keep screwing myself over with mispredictions, but once I get that sorted out, I feel like Metagross should work out pretty nicely. It certainly does a nice job of countering the Haxoruses that were wrecking havoc on my team beforehand.

On a note largely unrelated to Metagross, I've been noticing lately that I have a big problem battling scarfed Tornadus-T. With a scarf, it can outspeed even Kingdra-in-rain, and that stupid Hurricane smashes through basically everything on my team in 1-2 turns. If I get insanely lucky and play my cards right, I can occasionally manage to either trick an Iron Ball onto it (if I predict right with Metagross) or hit it with Waterfall if it comes in on full-HP Kingdra (who takes two turns to be knocked out by Hurricane, whereas Tornadus-T is usually OHKOed by Waterfall), but I would appreciate having a more reliable way of countering it, because they're pretty omnipresent, and they pretty effectively wipe the floor with my entire team.

Magnezone perhaps is a solution... it takes out the Steel types for Kingdra outrages and it resists that Tornadus like a boss. Using a set like this might help. Magnezone can Volt-switch maintaining momentum will be really useful against Tornadus that is quite frail, Thunderbolt is to sweep, HP Fire to remove the steel types and Flash Cannon is a powerful move that will most likely cover what T-bolt does not. The scarf is to outspeed and is quite awesome in itself...

Magnezone @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Magnet Pull
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature (+Spe, -Atk)
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- HP Fire

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)