Suggestions for Pokémon Showdown

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shahdow

Banned deucer.
Would it be possible to bring back the old 1v1 that existed back in 2013? This new "1v1" completely ruins the whole point of what 1v1 is supposed to be. Might as well call the version of it we have now "3v3" since that's pretty much what it is...

InfernapeTropius11

get on my level
But then again if you "/dt vacuum wave" it does say "Usually goes first."
I know, I just figured that the description would be too long or something if that was added, and was pointing out that the information is there, even if not blatantly obvious. I do agree it should be fixed for the sake of correctness, if it is possible to do so, but it's not like there was any misinformation presented.

Adeleine

after committing a dangerous crime
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Would it be possible to bring back the old 1v1 that existed back in 2013? This new "1v1" completely ruins the whole point of what 1v1 is supposed to be. Might as well call the version of it we have now "3v3" since that's pretty much what it is...
I imagine it is so since only giving each side one Pokemon to choose would make matches much less skill-based and much more matchup-based. If your one Pokemon is a Mega Mawile and your opponents one Pokemon is a Mega Charizard Y, no amount of skill can save you. Also, in 3v3 formats, you can use all Pokemon and switch from one to another, neither of which you can do in 1v1. If you think your idea still has merit as an Other Metagame, though, you can refer to the Other Metagame submission rules here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it possible to increase the time before a person who deconnected loses? The current one is completely unrealistic as it's virtually impossible if your connection times out to rejoin the battle in time, yet alone think of a correct play.
Often I've already lost before I realised I've been deco, it's fucking ridiculous.

Losing connection for 5 seconds means losing the game which quite frankly, is completely retarded considering the time to pick a move is like 5 hours.

Last edited:
Is it possible to increase the time before a person who deconnected loses? The current one is completely unrealistic as it's virtually impossible if your connection times out to rejoin the battle in time, yet alone think of a correct play.
Losing connection for 5 seconds means losing the game which quite frankly, is completely retarded considering the time to pick a move is like 5 hours.
I had actually been thinking of a system where the disconnect timer is partially separate from the move timer, so that if someone disconnects for 40 seconds while they still have 120 seconds on their move timer, they would have 80 seconds to pick a move instead of 20 upon reconnecting. However, being disconnected for a total of 60 seconds without making a move would still result in a loss. To put it simply, the disconnect timer would be counted separately from the move timer, but the move timer would still count down while the player is disconnected so as not to allow players to give themselves more time to move, or to make timerstalling worse.

Edit: to be clear, the disconnect timer would not reset every time a player reconnects

I'm triggered really hard rn because i get mad at the overly stupid lock mechanic. It's not bad like from the concept of it the concept "i want that this dude cant talk in pubblic crooms and annoy random ppl but he can also ladder and play for a tour" is ok but holy shit how annoying is that you are impossibilited to comunicate even in the slightest margin and every update made on lock lowers your possibilities to communicate and is incoherent with the major utility that this mechanic offers. Another thing that makes me MAD AF are autolocks words: the pure concept of banword "if you say this word for w/ever reason you get punished even if we don't tell you what are the bws" is stupid, just make play the message "you cant say that word" dont LOCK me for that shit. My solution for this problem would be to have "feeds" that you can open to certain people in order for them to chat/battle with you even if you're locked like an another "ignore" feature with the difference that a user is "ignored" by default if locked but you can "unignore" him and he/she is able to interact with you.

Suggestion: So I think that the random battle system needs a change in how Pokemon are assigned. As of now, some random battle games are decided not on skill, but on what Pokemon that you and the other person were given. I was playing this one game, and I was given a team of : Xatu, Carbrink, Torterra, Kecleon, Ninjask, and Heliolisk. While the other person was given a team of : Wishiwashi, Deoxys (Normal), Tornadus (Therian), Persian, Togetic, and Reshiram! There was no way that I could win against that team considering what I was given. So here is my change, which is inspired by the battle factory mode. My change would be that Pokemon would be assigned based on tiers, so that teams could be more even. So for each Pokemon slot, a tier would be assigned, and then a random Pokemon from that tier would be assigned to each player until 6 Pokemon were reached.

Example: The tiers assigned are Ubers, PU, RU, OU, RU, and OU. So each player would receive one Ubers, one PU, two RU, and two OU Pokemon.

Thoughts on this?

It would be great if we could do nicknames for randbats
Basically we have this page in teambuilder called nicknames for rands. We have an option to give nicknames for all 800+ pokemon.
Then whatever we enter is used as a nickname in randbats
(Made a separate post coz its unrelated)

You know when your in other tab and appears this message?
Or even this message:
PS could have an "You Lose" Pop-Up like: You lost against **** or "You Win" Pop-Up: You won against ****
And also Gens in /ms. Please! We need Gens in /ms to create in theory teams from other gens. And you can put shorter ladders like /ladder OU and it shows your OU ladder. Variations like /ladder gen6ou etc. Thank you for reading!

quziel

I am the Scientist now
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
Is there any possibility to get grassy terrain's secondary effect of reducing EQ damage added to the tooltip (/dt)?

My reply is concerning the Random-Battle-Section. Could you possibly add some balance into how teams are built? I just lost to a combination of Zekrom and Mega-Salamence and all I got was a Tapu-Fini in "comparison". Not sure if this is the right threat to drop this, pls tell me were this has to go, if it's wrong, but I was pretty confident that this would be the right one ;P

My reply is concerning the Random-Battle-Section. Could you possibly add some balance into how teams are built? I just lost to a combination of Zekrom and Mega-Salamence and all I got was a Tapu-Fini in "comparison". Not sure if this is the right threat to drop this, pls tell me were this has to go, if it's wrong, but I was pretty confident that this would be the right one ;P
The viabilities of Gen7 Pokémon haven't stabilised yet so you'll just have to make do for now.

Sometimes you just get bad luck, on top of the fact that Gen 7 tiers aren't really in place yet.

In addition, please use the following thread for all Random Battle suggestions in the future. http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/pokemon-sun-moon-random-battle-sets.3591157/

Sometimes you just get bad luck, on top of the fact that Gen 7 tiers aren't really in place yet.

In addition, please use the following thread for all Random Battle suggestions in the future. http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/pokemon-sun-moon-random-battle-sets.3591157/
Thx for the thread-advice, I still want to leave this replay here, I won my most fullfilling random-battle right now xD http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7randombattle-511891617 this kinda made me think about my suggestion aswell xP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)