Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would not reset any ladders, but the points (or whatever these numbers are) given or lost would be depended if a player is using Hax strategies or top-tier Pokémon, which lower the numbers winning and slightly increases losing if used and setted correctly, or using low-tiered Pokémon or original and non spammable strategies will increase winning and slightly lower losing points, and ragequitting (disconnecting and not returning after one of his/her Pokémon fainted) will gives a -50 to -150 penalties, depended on your current rank/ladder. Just a suggestion like anything else.
I doubt this sort of thing can be implemented because what is considered a "Hax strategy" is somewhat subjective, which Pokemon are considered "top-tier" would have to constantly be updated, and what you refer to as ragequitting, while annoying, could also occur if someone just had to leave mid-battle, and in that case the person would not be at all deserving of drastic ELO penalties like the ones you suggested.

Samtendo09

Ability: Light Power
is a Pre-Contributor
I doubt this sort of thing can be implemented because what is considered a "Hax strategy" is somewhat subjective, which Pokemon are considered "top-tier" would have to constantly be updated, and what you refer to as ragequitting, while annoying, could also occur if someone just had to leave mid-battle, and in that case the person would not be at all deserving of drastic ELO penalties like the ones you suggested.
Sorry for about my dumb details. Maybe ELO reductions for unsportsmanlike conduct in chat? Giving nice terms like "gg" doesn't matter, but rage baiting or insulting the winner(s) after a battle would be just -10, or just justified depended on how bad the whining is.

Sorry for about my dumb details. Maybe ELO reductions for unsportsmanlike conduct in chat? Giving nice terms like "gg" doesn't matter, but rage baiting or insulting the winner(s) after a battle would be just -10, or just justified depended on how bad the whining is.
That's going to be impossible to implement without every ladder battle being stalked by a staff member (too subjective for bots)

Kink

it's a thug life ¨̮
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
As an RO of the UU room, I can sufficiently say that this would nearly impossible to both implement and enforce. To attempt to create an objective realm where only certain attitudes are permitted is counterintuitive to the nature of being naturally aggravated when playing a game. Further, only ROs and leaders would be able to have this level of authority (if that, as ROs are not &), and this would cause a lot of increased reportings of misconduct. This is time consuming, and quite frankly it'll provoke users to tattle tale, which from a social standpoint, is pure poison.

I do not recommend we proceed with this suggestion. Shit users are already normatively punished. Lastly, I'm pretty sure it's the hope of every auth that users reform/rehabilitate their behavior versus dishing out punishments on a whim. And I say on a whim because I don't think a third party can always accurately assess a situation. The current social detterents that are in place are more than sufficient in dealing with problems, and unfortunately, detterents set within battles would be too subjective to be treated objectively.

Last edited:

Samtendo09

Ability: Light Power
is a Pre-Contributor
As an RO of the UU room, I can sufficiently say that this would nearly impossible to both implement and enforce. To attempt to create an objective realm where only certain attitudes are permitted is counterintuitive to the nature of being naturally aggravated when playing a game. Further, only ROs and leaders would be able to have this level of authority (if that, as ROs are not &), and this would cause a lot of increased reportings of misconduct. This is both time consuming, it frankly it'll provoke users to tattle tale, which from a social standpoint, is pure poison.

I do not recommend we proceed with this suggestion. Shit users are already normatively punished. Lastly, I'm pretty sure it's the hope of every auth that users reform/rehabilitate their behavior versus dishing out punishments.
Hmm...Okay, forget this idea. I haven't thought of such impact at all...

We should really make a Mega Evolution and Primal Reversion animation like in the real games, as all transformation looks the same in Showdown.

A feature i think would be useful would be an index of accounts on showdown, sorted by alphabetical order and can be searched. Sometimes there are people i haven't seen online in a long time that i would like to either contact or see when they were last active. A feature like this would be very helpful.

A feature i think would be useful would be an index of accounts on showdown, sorted by alphabetical order and can be searched. Sometimes there are people i haven't seen online in a long time that i would like to either contact or see when they were last active. A feature like this would be very helpful.
I believe you can do the command /whois or /user to find out whether a certain person is online or not on any of there alts. A neat cool command you could also do is PM boTTT ( A bot developed by TalkTakesTime ) '.seen [username]'. If they have been in any room in which boTTT is actually in, it can tell when was the last time it has seen the person you are looking for. However, when the server restarts boTTT also kind of refreshes meaning boTTT's recordings of seeing people won't be there until after it sees them again after the restart.
I kind of like this suggestion though because it would be a lot more easier than doing these commands.

I believe you can do the command /whois or /user to find out whether a certain person is online or not on any of there alts. A neat cool command you could also do is PM boTTT ( A bot developed by TalkTakesTime ) '.seen [username]'. If they have been in any room in which boTTT is actually in, it can tell when was the last time it has seen the person you are looking for. However, when the server restarts boTTT also kind of refreshes meaning boTTT's recordings of seeing people won't be there until after it sees them again after the restart.
I kind of like this suggestion though because it would be a lot more easier than doing these commands.
Thanks, i really i need to start learning these commands ._.

Xlstevo, /whois doesnt work anymore for most people, it just shows if a user is online on that specific account. Instead you can try to just pm to the name to see though.

Been an avid showdown player for awhile now, decided to finally join the forum. Anyway, I only find two things I really want in showdown, one is the ability to quickly see what types resist a certain attacking type. Like say I know the opponent is about to use a rock type move, I want to be able to type "/resist rock" or "/findresist rock" ect. to quickly see what types resist rock. This would be useful, as I currently use a third party app for this. Also, one thing in-game has over showdown is four player doubles. All these great modes on showdown and a basic super-common format from the actual game has yet to be implemented? I wanna grab a friend and go co-op on some lower ladder noobs! Four player doubles matches would be EXTREMELY welcome. thanks for hearing my suggestions, and thanks for keeping me busy in my free time with such a great app.

Amaluna

Somewhere between relatable and psychotic
is a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Been an avid showdown player for awhile now, decided to finally join the forum. Anyway, I only find two things I really want in showdown, one is the ability to quickly see what types resist a certain attacking type. Like say I know the opponent is about to use a rock type move, I want to be able to type "/resist rock" or "/findresist rock" ect. to quickly see what types resist rock. This would be useful, as I currently use a third party app for this. Also, one thing in-game has over showdown is four player doubles. All these great modes on showdown and a basic super-common format from the actual game has yet to be implemented? I wanna grab a friend and go co-op on some lower ladder noobs! Four player doubles matches would be EXTREMELY welcome. thanks for hearing my suggestions, and thanks for keeping me busy in my free time with such a great app.
Both of these suggestions have either been suggested before or are already implemented to the simulator. Your first suggestion is already implemented and is found by typing /weak [type / pokemon] in any chat not being PM. For example /weak Ludicolo which will show you the weaknesses, resistances and immunities a certain pokemon may have. /weak Water grass would also work for this. If a typing is bolded in the chart, it means you either four times resist it or have a four times weakness to it.

The multi battle feature has been suggested quite a few time, one of which is a suggestion by me. I asked them to create a function like this and add it to the formats. However this suggestion was turned down. Someone had told me in the thread that this would put too much pressure on the server and therefor it would lag a lot. So I am afraid to say that this suggestion won't happen in the near future. It is a shame but if Showdown would lag even more, they'd lose player to PO or PB and that is not something I'd like to see happening.

I think that with /resist he means something else, like you want to know what resists the type you put in, for example /resist fighting would give you poison, flying, bug, psychic and ghost (though in a way that shows ghosts are immune)

Amaluna

Somewhere between relatable and psychotic
is a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
One thing I would really like to see is a view counter in the replay, it's just something that would be nice to have implemented
You mean as in seeing how many people viewed the replay? If that's the case, it's a cool idea but I wouldn't see the purpose of it. Maybe you could explain it? :]

I think that with /resist he means something else, like you want to know what resists the type you put in, for example /resist fighting would give you poison, flying, bug, psychic and ghost (though in a way that shows ghosts are immune)
Yes, exactly this. A quick and easy way to see what types resist a certain type, not what types a certain type resists. This would be a quick and easy way to determine the safest switches in a risky situation, or just refresh/double check. A command that shows you what types resist a certain type would be very welcome

You mean as in seeing how many people viewed the replay? If that's the case, it's a cool idea but I wouldn't see the purpose of it. Maybe you could explain it? :]
For me personally, i get sweeps all the time, and then ill share them in the lobby chat, either a lot, or a small few amount of people may join depending on how interesting the sweep is (xern vs bidoof sweep) and the way i can tell how many clicks it gets is through people joining the room, and if i feel really excited about a sweep, i would want more people to see it. when i post a replay, i can't tell if people are actually clicking on it, i can't tell if its worthwhile sharing. I think that the replays could become sort of a youtube like format where people can view replays, and the person who posted the sweep, or if both did, the person who won would have an account on the replay side, which the replay would go to their credit. that person could add a name to the battle saying that it is a magikarp sweep, and at the end of the week, the battles withe the most views would be featured on the front page, but being featured means it is uneligible for next weeks featured set. people would be able to flag replays for false naming (somebody saying they swept with sunkern when they didn't even have a sunkern in the replay) being flagged would mean it is unable to be a featured replay, this of course, would only take effect when a moderator of the replays confirms the flags.

For me personally, i get sweeps all the time, and then ill share them in the lobby chat, either a lot, or a small few amount of people may join depending on how interesting the sweep is (xern vs bidoof sweep) and the way i can tell how many clicks it gets is through people joining the room, and if i feel really excited about a sweep, i would want more people to see it. when i post a replay, i can't tell if people are actually clicking on it, i can't tell if its worthwhile sharing. I think that the replays could become sort of a youtube like format where people can view replays, and the person who posted the sweep, or if both did, the person who won would have an account on the replay side, which the replay would go to their credit. that person could add a name to the battle saying that it is a magikarp sweep, and at the end of the week, the battles withe the most views would be featured on the front page, but being featured means it is uneligible for next weeks featured set. people would be able to flag replays for false naming (somebody saying they swept with sunkern when they didn't even have a sunkern in the replay) being flagged would mean it is unable to be a featured replay, this of course, would only take effect when a moderator of the replays confirms the flags.
While I like the concept, I feel this would just cause spam. Some people already post their YT as advertisement, so we'd not only have to deal with that, but also "LIKE, VIEW, AND SHARE MY REPLAY". Comments would be a decent feature though, although there's the problem of shitposting.

Hello
Idk if this has been said before but could there be something implimented so mobile users could view data for moves and such? I see youtubes of ps on pc and when they hover their mouse over the moves and such theres a desc of it. Could there be a button or something added so mobile users can view it/is there a way to do it without hovering a mouse over the box?

Hello
Idk if this has been said before but could there be something implimented so mobile users could view data for moves and such? I see youtubes of ps on pc and when they hover their mouse over the moves and such theres a desc of it. Could there be a button or something added so mobile users can view it/is there a way to do it without hovering a mouse over the box?
When you click on the move it shows the description and if you wanna use the move you have to click it again

Completely random idea now. A PS! council for regular users. So, basically, a group of voice and below are made "PS! Council" and they help with some of the decisions made within the site and so on. I know i wasn't very detailed but thats because it was a random thought if you want. .-.

Another wacky idea, server owners are to have the opportunity to share their ideas with main staff every couple of months and we can confer and so on. Again, random af.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)