Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would it be possible to make Random Battle sets less terrible? I've got stuff like Autotomize + Heavy Slam Aggron, Focus Sash Weezing, and countless mons with random unnecessary Hidden Powers but no STAB moves. Also, update the "viable moves" section in the teambuilder. A lot of the top OU mons like Aegislash, Talonflame, and Charizard don't even have sections like that.

I was wondering, shouldn't there be a demand for a 6v6 version of XY Battle Spot Singles? Basically, the exact same thing except you can bring your whole team except of just 3.
I know some people who don't like 3v3, but doesn't agree to the OU ruleset, so making that ladder could be a nice compromise.
(And maybe it could be a good experiment about how it would look like if it existed)

Bean

༼ ͒ ̶ ͒༽༼ ͒ ̶ ͒༽༼ ͒ ̶ ͒༽
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I was wondering, shouldn't there be a demand for a 6v6 version of XY Battle Spot Singles? Basically, the exact same thing except you can bring your whole team except of just 3.
I know some people who don't like 3v3, but doesn't agree to the OU ruleset, so making that ladder could be a nice compromise.
(And maybe it could be a good experiment about how it would look like if it existed)
Battle Spot Singles is an in-game battle mode introduced in XY where you bring your team of 6 and choose 3, so it seems a bit illogical to make 6v6 battle spot singles, considering it doesn't exist in-game.

Psywaves

Procrastinating Pedantic Perfectionist™
is a Contributor Alumnus
Battle Spot Singles is an in-game battle mode introduced in XY where you bring your team of 6 and choose 3, so it seems a bit illogical to make 6v6 battle spot singles, considering it doesn't exist in-game.
To pointlessly piggyback extend on what Bean said, Showdown endeavours to simulate the games as best as it can, so has to stick to the 3v3 Battle Spot Singles.

To pointlessly piggyback extend on what Bean said, Showdown endeavours to simulate the games as best as it can, so has to stick to the 3v3 Battle Spot Singles.
Well, I'm not asking to replace it, but adding another ladder with that ruleset. It could have a better name but I can't think of a good one.
And isn't it possible to do 6v6 with passerbies. Because then, it exists in-game.

Bean

༼ ͒ ̶ ͒༽༼ ͒ ̶ ͒༽༼ ͒ ̶ ͒༽
It sounds like what you are looking for is a 6v6 tier which doesn't have smogon rules and I think ubers is pretty much this. It has a few rules but no pokemon restrictions iirc.

Darnell

Respected.
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Must want ♥
Is such a thing there in the real games? then I'm sure it will be made soon
Forgot Hackmons? :P
Wow Vacate just copying what zarel commented here? :P
You know you can reply to multiple posts in just one of yours right? You're sort of filling up the whole chat...kind of makes it hard for the staff to look back at the suggestions being made and see if they can do it or not.

Not sure if this has been suggested, as i refuse to read through 60 pages of forum posts, but it is likely; is there a moble app for android and/or ios in the making for showdown at this time? If not it would be a great investment.

Bean

༼ ͒ ̶ ͒༽༼ ͒ ̶ ͒༽༼ ͒ ̶ ͒༽
There is currently no PS! app, but iirc it should work fine on mobile browsers.

well it wont let me log in on my android it keeps telling me server disconnected when it clearly is not so there is some issue with using the main page online with androids

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Would it be possible to make Random Battle sets less terrible? I've got stuff like Autotomize + Heavy Slam Aggron, Focus Sash Weezing, and countless mons with random unnecessary Hidden Powers but no STAB moves. Also, update the "viable moves" section in the teambuilder. A lot of the top OU mons like Aegislash, Talonflame, and Charizard don't even have sections like that.
We work on this a lot and complain about it more. It'll probably get done soon enough.
can you make a sticky web pic like stealth rock?
I believe this is on the to do list.
Fine is not good, fine is mediocre as the showdown "beta" itself is. As it is a beta you all should be doing EVERYTHING possible to make it better. Fine is not acceptable whilst offering a service; exellence is the only acceptable standard. Mediocracy and complacent acceptance of such is what ruins a service.

Also on a side note the mobile version of this site sucks [period] whoever programed this site needs to go and take a few probraming courses before coding a site that thousands of people use. I'm sure im not the only one with conplaints about this. I do, however, love the desktop version of this site and showdown.
The only major difference between the desktop and "mobile" version is the double tap to select a move or Pokemon. While I can't personally speak for why there isn't a mobile version (I have a good idea of why though), perhaps Zarel can. Now calm down.

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
Creator of PS
Also, update the "viable moves" section in the teambuilder. A lot of the top OU mons like Aegislash, Talonflame, and Charizard don't even have sections like that.
We don't even have a "viable moves" section in the teambuilder anymore. It was removed because no one cared enough to make lists of viable moves. If you'd like to do it for me, though, feel free.

The reason Battle Spot Singles is 3v3 is because it's extremely unbalanced at 6v6. That's why Smogon rules exist in the first place: to balance out 6v6.

Fine is not good, fine is mediocre as the showdown "beta" itself is. As it is a beta you all should be doing EVERYTHING possible to make it better. Fine is not acceptable whilst offering a service; exellence is the only acceptable standard. Mediocracy and complacent acceptance of such is what ruins a service. Also on a side note the mobile version of this site sucks [period] whoever programed this site needs to go and take a few probraming courses before coding a site that thousands of people use. I'm sure im not the only one with conplaints about this. I do, however, love the desktop version of this site and showdown.
So, there are several responses to this. I put nearly all my free time into PS, and I've been really busy lately so progress has been slow. PS is open-source; if you have any problems with it, go fix them yourself.

But the real answer to this is, perfection is a lot harder than you think it is. I went into PS thinking "I'm going to make it perfect", and here we are, two and a half years later, with me having sunk most of my free time into PS, and I still have a huge to-do list of things I want to improve. There's no complacency going on here, there's only constant and consistent improvement.

https://github.com/Zarel/Pokemon-Showdown/graphs/contributors

You can even see graphs of how much work we all do, and this is just the server.

Oh, and, I'm not the one who told thousands of people to use it; they did that on their own.

Ash Borer

I've heard they're short of room in hell
The ladder timer is set at 3 minutes by default right now. Personally, for ladder matches I feel as if this is too long. Most players laddering are looking to improve their teams/game, accrue a high rank on the leaderboard or make suspect requirements. The long timer is never really needed in these kinds of games that should be quick yet sometimes opponents feel the need to take 2 minutes to switch their skarmory into and excadrill.

Im not going to demand it be changed at only my whim however I was wondering how I should go about trying to make this happen? Technically this is a suggestion so ill post it here and I figure you're the best person to ask this, Zarel.

I would like to completely agree with the "Group PM's" Suggestion. It would be great when trying to coordinate with multiple RO's or staff without having to rely on a 3rd party communications tool (ie, skype).

MARE CLOCK

Banned deucer.
allow us to look at our ladder peaks in some way
This is also something I have wanted in the past, but I find it to probably be low or not a priority, or maybe using a lot of data, so I made my own graphs of ladder progress. I was working on a simple spreadsheet, but you can also use this website for tracking progress with a graph: Chartgo

EDIT: To also piggyback on the suggestions of Replay sorting, would it be at all possible to implement More Search Parameters when search for Replays, such as Pokemon Usage and Rank (Ex. Search - Excadrill, >1850 ELO). This would add a face to the usage statistics, as you can see specifically how higher players on the ladder use certain pokemon without wading through every single replay. Not only this but it would be a great learning experience to see how exactly other players deal with a certain pokemon you are researching/having trouble with.
I feel that this kind of option would add a bit more viability to some OU discussion, such as viability rankings, Certain Pokemon threads, threat lists, checks and counters, new sets and maybe more, all by being able to specify parameters for replay searching. Want to see if anyone from 1760-1850 uses Roserade, or if anybody above 1500 is using Crawdaunt and Thundurus-I on the same team, and how they are doing so? This would greatly complement the Usage Statistics, as not only do you have the hard numbers of what sets/natures/items/moves a pokemon runs, but you can search easily to see them in action.

tl;dr Search paramaters for replays, such as by pokemon used, pokemon used together, and by rank, with the ability to combine parameters, much like the !dexsearch options on PS.

P.S. I totally understand if this is considered irrelevant, not a huge priority, or takes up a lot of code/data/bandwidth, but I thought I'd suggest it as it would be a really cool feature.

Last edited:
Hello admins and moderators and random hobos of PS!

I'm a driver from the PS! old gens room, and I'd like to suggest a few things.

GENS 1-3 UU AS A LADDER PLEASE!

There are plenty enough people who will keep these ladders alive. I'm a huge activist for these things, I'll do whatever it takes to have them as a ladder. I do mean ANYTHING.

Hey, I understand that this is unlikely to ever be implemented but I thought it'd be an interesting idea to consider or discuss if it has not been already (I don't think it has? I might be mistaken) but has the implementation of PRD (pseudo-random distribution) been ever considered as a mechanic?

This article explains it better than I can: http://dota2.gamepedia.com/Pseudo-random_distribution

Admittedly the implementation would mean abandoning 'true' probability, but the trade off is it makes the game less luck based and makes probability based moves more consistent (to paraphrase the article). I understand that this could be unpopular as many people believe that the luck is integral, and I don't deny that, and equally many strategies would be affected by this, but I nonetheless thought it would be an interesting concept to be considered. Even if it is ultimately dismissed.

I hope I've provided some food for thought (I also hope I've made this suggestion in the right place)

Many thanks and happy battling!

MJB

Sup Peeps
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnus
Hey, I understand that this is unlikely to ever be implemented but I thought it'd be an interesting idea to consider or discuss if it has not been already (I don't think it has? I might be mistaken) but has the implementation of PRD (pseudo-random distribution) been ever considered as a mechanic?

This article explains it better than I can: http://dota2.gamepedia.com/Pseudo-random_distribution

Admittedly the implementation would mean abandoning 'true' probability, but the trade off is it makes the game less luck based and makes probability based moves more consistent (to paraphrase the article). I understand that this could be unpopular as many people believe that the luck is integral, and I don't deny that, and equally many strategies would be affected by this, but I nonetheless thought it would be an interesting concept to be considered. Even if it is ultimately dismissed.

I hope I've provided some food for thought (I also hope I've made this suggestion in the right place)

Many thanks and happy battling!
It has been considered before a rejected for a number of reasons I can't be bothered to bring back up, such as the game isn't pseudo random as so we shouldn't be either

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Hello admins and moderators and random hobos of PS!

I'm a driver from the PS! old gens room, and I'd like to suggest a few things.

GENS 1-3 UU AS A LADDER PLEASE!

There are plenty enough people who will keep these ladders alive. I'm a huge activist for these things, I'll do whatever it takes to have them as a ladder. I do mean ANYTHING.
Unless old gens suddenly get a huge boost in popularity, this won't happen. The Balanced Hackmons ladder got more than twice the battles of gens 1-3 combined, and that ladder is completely dead most of the time...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)