Sugimori-"style" Pokemon

So, these are just some Sugimori artworks which I vectorised in Flash by hand. Um... not much else to say, I guess, so here they are!

Update: Fixed all the broken links by moving the images from my volatile hobby server to Photobucket. And added Darkrai.

Click the images for a slightly larger version!

Castform:

Porygon2:

Arbok:

Blastoise:

Chatot:

Darkrai:

Drapion:

Electivire:

Garchomp:

Gengar:

Girafarig:

Koffing:

Lucario:

Luxray:

Omastar:

Pachirisu (for *Hen*):

Quilava (for Olie):

Rotom:

Sceptile:

Scizor:

Torterra:

Wow. That art is Fucking BRILLIANT! The Shading is VERY well done.
If you are taking requests, could you please draw me a Quilava.

Thanks for the compliments, and just to clarify, basically what I did was trace over the different boundaries of the original picture and colour it in as necessary. Yeah, I'm no amazing artist or shader, not yet at least.

My favourites are the Scizor and my latest one, Electivire.

*does vectors herself and understands the way you made these*

That scizor looked like a BUNCH of work. It's awesome.

I'm partial to the chatot of course. BIRDIE. <3

Do you ever make vectors from your own sketches?

I just have one suggestion: I f you make them in a wicked background it would make them even cooler. Especially since some parts like Drapions claws arent too clear...

MetalGarX: A wicked background, eh? Like this? (Though that has the outlines on the Pokemon)

*Hen*: Thanks, I've seen several of your great vectors too! (I don't use multiple layers like I'm probably supposed to...) As for my own sketches, I don't really do any. Art isn't particularly a primary focus of mine.

If you're using photoshop to make these and they're vectors then each time you make a new shape it automatically creates a new layer for the new shape.

I'm assuming you're using the pen tool to make shapes and filling it? In that case it's not a 'true' vector. Not like it matters for these purposes though.

Might I request a pachirisu?

I'm actually using Adobe Flash, and I'm literally just using the Line tool (I haven't quite got the hang of the Pen tool yet) and tracing the image beneath it. One layer. This is probably either cheating, breaking rules, or both, but oh well.

Also, Blastoise, in the glorious colours of D/P Blastoise!

^
|
| (Magnetic levitation?!?)
|
v___________________________________

Yeah, haven't quite gotten original yet.

oh wow. these are brilliant and adorably colourful. i really like omastar, rotom, chatot and luxray, namely. all of this art is really well done. i can't say anything else since it's so wonderful~ keep up the good work.

Wow. I'd love to see a Jolteon in your style. Mainly because I love Jolteon.
Would you take a commission for a website?

Just started with vector drawing in a digital basics class. Layers, pen tool, etc.

Makes me want to do it more. Grats on the awesome work :3

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)