Summer Freedom IV Round 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
A random contributing post to show you how many people will be in each bracket per round, assuming no disqualifications, and Nate keeps the same system as last year (the winner of the winner's bracket gets 5 weeks off or so while the loser's bracket keeps going).

Feel free to correct mistakes.

Round 1
Total: 128

Round 2
Winner's Bracket: 64
Loser's Bracket: 64

Round 3
Winner's Bracket: 32
Total: 96

Round 4:
Winner's Bracket: 16
Loser's Bracket: 48
Total: 64

Round 5:
Winner's Bracket: 8
Loser's Bracket: 32
Total: 40

Round 6:
Winner's Bracket: 4
Loser's Bracket: 20
Total: 24

Round 7:
Winner's Bracket: 2
Loser's Bracket: 12
Total: 14

Winner of the winner's bracket is decided in this round. Losing that match means you'll have to win 3 more rounds, and even if you win those, you'll have to defeat the same person twice in a row without losing.

Round 8:
Winner's Bracket: 1
Loser's Bracket: 7
Total: 8

One person in the Loser's Bracket probably gets a Bye here, or there's a Round Robin. This is assuming there's a bye.

Round 9:
Loser's Bracket: 4
Total: 5

Round 10:
Loser's Bracket: 2
Total: 3

Round 11 (Finals)
Loser's Bracket: 1
Total: 2

The ultimate winner of the winner's bracket has two chances (because he's never lost before, and it would be unfair if the winner of the loser's bracket would be able to afford once more than the winner of the winner's bracket). This means that if the winner of the loser's bracket defeats the winner of the winner's bracket, they will have to fight again. This second match will determine the winner of Summer Freedom IV.

Mekkah said:
A random contributing post to show you how many people will be in each bracket per round, assuming no disqualifications, and Nate keeps the same system as last year (the winner of the winner's bracket gets 5 weeks off or so while the loser's bracket keeps going).

Round 1

Round 2

I thought people in the winner's brackets got byes every other round after like the 4th round or something so they wont have to wait on the loser's brackets.

Mekkah said:

Round 1

Round 2

Round 3

Round 4:
Winner's Bracket: 32 (bye)

Round 5:
Loser's Bracket: 16
Total: 32

Round 6:

Round 7:
Loser's Bracket: 8
Total: 16

Round 8:
Total: 12

Round 9:

Round 10:
Total: 6

Round 11 (Finals)
Total: 4

Round 12
Winners Bracket:1
Losers Bracket: 2

Round 13

Winners Bracket: 1
Losers Bracket: 1
I believe thats right.

Also woot is nowhere to be found.

Yeah Slickee that's the other way, and when I thought about it seems cooler to award those who held up in the Winner's Bracket in Round 3, instead of only the one that wins Round 5 or so. In that case it is:

Round 1:
128 people

Round 2:

Round 3:
Winner's Bracket: 32 (bye)

Round 4:

Round 5:
Winner's Bracket: 16 (bye)
Total: 48

Round 6:
Total: 32

Round 7:
Winner's Bracket: 8 (bye)

Round 8:

Round 9:
Winner's Bracket: 4 (bye)

Round 10:

Round 11:
Winner's Bracket: 2 (bye)
Total: 6

Round 12 (Semi's)
Total: 4

Round 13 (Finals)

Winner of the Winner's Bracket has two chances, the winner of the loser's Bracket only one.

Fig

Needs to stop disappearing.
is a Contributor Alumnus
My schedule is pretty weird Anyone, I'm in EST and I work during the day so I'm only on in the evenings.

Mekkah said:

Round 1

Round 2

Round 3

Round 4:
Loser's Bracket: 48

Round 5:
Total: 40

Round 6:
Loser's Bracket: 20

Round 7:
Loser's Bracket: 12
Total: 14

Winner of the winner's bracket is decided in this round. Losing that match means you'll have to win 3 more rounds, and even if you win those, you'll have to defeat the same person twice in a row without losing.

Round 8:
Loser's Bracket: 7

One person in the Loser's Bracket probably gets a Bye here, or there's a Round Robin. This is assuming there's a bye.

Round 9:
Total: 5

Round 10:

Round 11 (Finals)

The ultimate winner of the winner's bracket has two chances (because he's never lost before, and it would be unfair if the winner of the loser's bracket would be able to afford once more than the winner of the winner's bracket). This means that if the winner of the loser's bracket defeats the winner of the winner's bracket, they will have to fight again. This second match will determine the winner of Summer Freedom IV.

Sorry, but not quite. Seeing as we're starting with 128, it's going to go like this:

32 (winner round bye)

16 (winner round bye)

8 (winner round bye)

Etc.

On a different note, I'll update once I get home tonight.

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
LgndSlayer, please PM me your username in NB and the time you may want to battle with me.

Updated.

Please note the following, it will also be included in the original post.

THE ABSOLUTE FINAL DEADLINE IS THREE WEEKS FROM TODAY, 6:00 PM. EST

There will be an original cutoff one-and-a-half weeks before that point, at which point any substitutes for inactive battlers will be made.

If you are not at the first cut and your opponent is, you will be subbed out. If you are both at the first cutoff, you will battle. If neither, I will judge which person is less active and remove one of you. The final cutoff will be held the same way, except if that only one person is at the cutoff they will automatically be given the win.

If you are subbed out you are disqualified for the rest of the tournament. No subs will be made in future rounds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)