Sun Team for the Summer (First RMT)

Hey Smogon im here to do a Rate my Team because i have had alot of success lately, but i want to know what can do to make it better. Thanx :3

P.S. all nicknames were chosen for no discernible reason

(Typical) Lead
Lemonade the Ninetales
Item: Leftovers
Ability: Drought
Moves
Flamethrower
SolarBeam
Hypnosis
Confuse Ray

EV's 252 Speed, 252 Sp. Attack
Nature: Timid

Basicly the sun inducer meant to kill, yet stay alive at the same time

I picked the nature so ninetales can go first with hypnosis or confuse ray rather than have a huge attacking stat (i have no shortage of those). the leftovers are there to increase longetivity while the opponent is asleep or confused (or both) as my weather inducer it needs to stay alive most the game. but if they dont have a weather inducer (or its fainted) i would like ninetales to be able to attack efficiently. the typical is there because if they have a weather team as well im less inclined to lead with it, id rather this guy

Secondary lead/Sweeper
Cheez Samich the Salamence
Item: Choice Scarf
Ability: Moxie
Moves
Outrage
Fire Blast
Earthquake
Dragon Claw

EV's 252 Speed, 252 Attack, 4 Sp. Attack
Nature: Adamant

Salamence is typically the pokemon who gets the most kills in a game. with the choice scarf moxie, after steel types have been eliminated, salamence can finish up a game with relative ease (confusion hurts like a bitch though, fully able to do more than 50%). Fire Blast is there for the main purpose of killing ferrothorns, which will wall me to oblivion. Dragon claw is for a quick revenge kill when i dont want to be locked in to outrage. earthquake functions the same way.

Early game "lay down the hurt" guy
Fritos the Zoroark
Item: Life Orb
Ability: Illusion
Moves
Dark Pulse
Focus Blast
Flamethrower
Nasty Plot

Ev's 252 Speed, 252 Sp. Attack, 4 hp
Nature: Modest

If your wondering about his description, zoroarks job is to scare pokes (water, rock or ground types mostly) off as venusaur set up a nasty plot and and put dents in their team, typically this is done before hazards are up to maintain the illusion. thus the name; Early game "lay down the hurt" guy(girl?).

Main Sweeper and threat to rain/sand teams.
Cockwaffle the Venasaur
Item: Life orb
Ability: Chlorophyll
Moves
Giga Drain
Sludge Bomb
Hidden Power Fire
Growth

Ev's 252 Sp. Attack, 220 Speed, 36 hp
Nature: Modest

Venasaur is my go to guy for numerous things. whether it be wrecking full teams, finishing up a battle, revenge killing, killing politoed or tyranitar, killing sweepers, you name it, if it involves killing, venasaur is good at it. the ev's are so he can get up to 500 even speed which i figured could outrun just about anything without +2 speed and so he has (some) bulk with hp. the hidden power type is for steel types who i wouldnt normally be able to beat.

Most Wall like/ cover for venasaur
Slim Jim the Snorlax
Item: Leftovers
Ability: Thick Fat
Moves
Body Slam
Fire Punch
Earthquake
Selfdestruct

Ev's 252 Attack, 252 hp, 4 def

Snorlax was originally just another attacker on my team without much use until i figured out he was perfect for Venasaur and salamence with his thick fat and his special bulk. now he was an good switch in for ice beams and people who use my fire against me. also if your wondering, seldestruct is an amazingly handy move for stopping special sweepers late game. snorlax can come in sponge a hit, sponge another then hit with an unexpected selfdestruct and eliminate the threat if there is no one else who can. last resort move for sure, but an effective one.

Jack of all (physical) trades
Donkeyface the Arcanine
Item: Sitrus Berry
Ability: Flash Fire
Moves
Flare Blitz
Wild Charge
Extremespeed
Close Combat

Ev's 252 Speed, 252 Attack

Arcanine has no real role, he's kinda just there, but he still has a spot on the team because hes amazingly good at doing what i need, when i need. these things include sponging fire moves, then killing, using extremespeed, taking out gyarados, who can hurt at times etc. he does the small jobs that are necessary and he does them well. plain and simple. the sitrus berry is for using more flare blitz and wild charge because recoil hurts(i almost killed myself clicking flare blitz instead of close combat on a blissey).

and there you have it the team thats sweeping the nation in a fell swoop (not actually but it does win at least 75% of the time :3)
one main problem this team has is a way to get rid of dragon dance dragonite(say that ten times fast) so help with that and any other adjustments are more than welcome :3

Trinitrotoluene

young ☆nd foolish
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Okay. First off, you lack a notable resistance to Dragon-type attacks and means of getting rid of Stealth Rock, which will trouble you in the long run. To help deal with that, I'd recommend replacing your Zoroark with a Forretress. You already have Venusaur as a special sweeper, so Zoroark is less needed for your team. Forretress also gives you a source of entry hazards, which are much-needed by your team. You also mentioned that you have problems with DD Dragonite. While Snorlax is a great Pokemon for sun teams, I'd recommend trying out Mamoswine over it, due to Mamoswine's access to valuable STAB priority in Ice Shard, which not only demolishes Dragonite, but also opposing Tornadus-T and Salamence, all of which can give your team major headaches. Also, your team seems very reliant on sun, so I'd recommend replacing Confuse Ray on your Ninetales with Sunny Day and using an EV spread of 136 HP / 252 SpA / 120 Spe with a Modest Nature. This EV spread gives you a significant increase in bulk and a small increase in power, which the rest of the team will appreciate. For Arcanine, I'd recommend trying out a Leftovers over Sitrus Berry. Lefties give Arcanine reliable healing throughout the battle, which I think is of greater use for your team than a one-time healing item. Other than that, I can't say much else.

Sets:

Forretress (F) @ Leftovers | Sturdy
Relaxed Nature | 252 HP / 220 Def / 36 SpA | 30 Spe
Stealth Rock | Rapid Spin | Volt Switch | Hidden Power Ice

Mamoswine (F) @ Life Orb | Thick Fat
Jolly Nature | 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Ice Shard | Earthquake | Superpower | Icicle Crash

Nitpicks:
---->

---->

252 SpA / 252 Spe Timid ----> 136 HP / 252 SpA / 120 Spe Modest
Confuse Ray ----> Sunny Day

Sitrus Berry ----> Leftovers

With all that said, good luck!

ive been testing it out and im quite pleased with the results
ive done four matches on showdown and three on PO and ive won every time
however one thing ill say now is i kept my ninetales' ev's the same becuase i love the way it plays, the added sunny day has helped me beat numerous politoad one on one though
thank you for being the only person to reply also, it's helped me lots :3

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)